The Real Story in Iraq

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:35 am

chaddukes wrote:
dnpmakkah wrote:2. The American government will NOT listen to its people and continue to stay the course in Iraq. They will spread more "happy" lies in hopes of brainwashing its own public and those of other nations that the war is going according to plan.

So, Again.....Do you have any evidence to demonstrate that whats presented is wrong?

I do!!! Watch the video again. When the end of the video is coming up......START PAYING ATTENTION THIS TIME! They said the Iraqi Governor had 30 assasination attempts since he took office a year ago and then not even 30 seconds later they said that he endured mortar and grenade attacks on his home "almost daily". Sorry, but "almost daily" spread out over a full year is a heck of a lot more than 30!!!! Its more like 300!!! At least 200! That video does nothing but decieve people like you into thinking all is right over there!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:16 am

chaddukes wrote:So, what you're saying is no.
Keep believing that life is good over there. I can't persuade you to think otherwise. The facts/proof that you speak of is right in front of your face. If you can't see it than so be it.

Saddam is on trial for (supposedly) killing around 150,000 of his own people over a span of 25 years. On the contrary since the war started over 100,000 (low balling big time) Iraqi's have died due ENTIRELY by the hands of America in only 4 years. So life is better huh?

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:34 am

dnpmakkah wrote:
chaddukes wrote:So, what you're saying is no.
Keep believing that life is good over there. I can't persuade you to think otherwise. The facts/proof that you speak of is right in front of your face. If you can't see it than so be it.

Saddam is on trial for (supposedly) killing around 150,000 of his own people over a span of 25 years. On the contrary since the war started over 100,000 (low balling big time) Iraqi's have died due ENTIRELY by the hands of America in only 4 years. So life is better huh?

Did I say that life was good? No. What the video states, and the issue that bring up is, that there is good work being doen there and improvements that go unnotticed, unreported, and unbelieved. Why is this? Is life wonderful there right now? No, its a war zone! But what I believe is that we had done more good than bad. The massive deaths are predominantly caused by Insurgents, Terrorist, etc., not by U.S. Soldiers. Why do you refuse to believe that there is anything positive being done there?

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:45 pm

chaddukes wrote:Did I say that life was good? No. What the video states, and the issue that bring up is, that there is good work being doen there and improvements that go unnotticed, unreported, and unbelieved.
Well if you read the ending of my orginal post I said I do believe there is good being done there. So I don't see why you would ask this.
chaddukes wrote:But what I believe is that we had done more good than bad.
Your opinion...I won't deny your opinion. I do feel there is some good going on there but the bad WAY out weights the good. In my opinion.
chaddukes wrote:The massive deaths are predominantly caused by Insurgents, Terrorist, etc., not by U.S. Soldiers.
This is where it's hard to get through to people. Lets assume the U.S. never attacked Iraq as is the case now. Do you think these people or what you like to label as "terrorist" would be killing eachother at this rate. My opinion is NO they wouldn't be since that wasn't the case prior to the invasion. So the American presence is indirectly the MAIN reason why all this death is occuring. Secondly, what do you want them to do? Lay over and spread eagle so that American forces can come and just rape and pillage their land. Get yourself out of your American mindset for one second and think about it from their point of view. If America was invaded would you lay over and just wait till its your turn to get raped?
chaddukes wrote:Why do you refuse to believe that there is anything positive being done there?
Well if you read the ending of my orginal post I said I do believe there is good being done there. So I don't see why you would ask this.

This wasn't two conflicting parties dualing it out. This was an unlawful invasion. Iraq did not choose to go to war they were ATTACKED. On one side you had a nation (Iraq) minding its business and on the other you had an agressor (America) that pre-emptively went into action. If such actions were not taken by the U.S. military none of this would have happened. Therefore EVERYTHING is to be blamed on the U.S.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:57 am

i find it strange that people are so taken with the PR campaign here in the states that they call people that blow up eachother in iraq terrorists. These are people trying to fil the power vaccume that we left when ousting saddam. they are not trying to destroy the west when the blow up a wedding party filled with iraqis. this is violence between warring factions. these people are trying to rule the country. they are not terrorists as the people who flew planes into the towers are. they are not terrorists as the people who blew a whole in the cole are. this is a country in chaos and these people are fighting for the seat which will rule the country when all other factions are quashed.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Hog

Postby ATV » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:16 pm

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.....

http://switchboard.real.com/player/emai ... ambush.ram

They really love us there and they hope we can continue to bless them with our freedom. I hope we can continue to support our troops by staying the course.....lol.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Nice video ATV. Only an idiot will think the Iraqi people want America there. Those are also the same idiots who watch movies like Indepence Day, Armaggedon and any other Hollywood film then get the impression that America is always the hero and never in the wrong. :roll:

Hog

Postby ATV » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:21 pm

U-S-A, U-S-A! Woof Woof!

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:36 pm

ATV wrote:U-S-A, U-S-A! Woof Woof!
:lol:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 pm

The real story is POLICY DROVE INTELLIGENCE and not the other way around. Pretty much ANYTHING NO MATTER HOW DUBIOUS supporting invasion was accepted while pretty much ANYTHING NO MATTER HOW CREDIBLE not supporting invasion was rejected.

It was a shameful period in our history when the GWB administration led us to invade Iraq.

I will probably be called a lib. Go ahead.

I will probably be told Saddam was bad and needed to be taken out. Duh.

That doesn't make what we did right. It was shameful.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to The Lounge