Official Post Game

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Site Admin

Official Post Game

Postby BossHog » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:23 pm

Please put all your post gme thoughts here.

Wow. I'm actually just kind of speechless. What a magnificent turn of events to win the game. In a game where nearly every single bounce or call went against us, we actually caught a break.

I can't believe Novak actually kicked it either. Like i said, I'm actually just kind of speechless.

I'm off to have a few celebratory cocktails. I really only have one thing to say:

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!

-drinking
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:25 pm

TO blew it then novak blew it then the cowgirls O line blew it then novak blew the cover off the ball 47 yards!!!! a game of inches, inches..
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:26 pm

troy vincent, you have proven to be a great addition to this team in your short time here. you have supplanted the ineffective adam archuleta as the dominant safety next to sean taylor, and you blocked that field goal to set up our winning field goal. game ball to troy vincent and sean taylor.
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:31 pm

AA no longer deserves to start at all. Vincent has shown he is the way better player.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:36 pm

Agreed....AA sits, Vincent starts. Games balls to Brandon Lloyd (great block on Portis' TD run, clutch catches), Vincent on Special Teams, and Washington on Defense (tipped ball on pass to Whitten saved a TD and key 3rd down stuff).

Hail to the Redskins
Hail Victory
Braves on the warpath
Fight for ole DC
Beat Dallas!!!

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:41 pm

i like that gregg williams took out AA regardless of how much money he is making, it'll be interesting to see what happens from here on out, and whether AA is with us next season, especially if he's benched for the rest of this one.
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:45 pm

Wow, what a change in momentum. My nerves are a wreck but thankfully we got the win. Great game so I'm glad I recorded it. :)

Hog

Postby DCGloryYears828791 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:45 pm

Where are all the Cowgirl fans!!!!!! I think i may have aged 20 years in the last 3 minutes of that game!!

Thanks VINCENT, TAYLOR, NOVAK!

I guess Troy Vincent just answered every question anybody had about his age and playmaking ability. Isn't it great that in two games he's done more for this team than Archuleta all year?

Hail Skins!

How bout dem.........REDSKINS.
Dec. 31, 1972
NFC Championship Game at RFK Stadium
W, 26-3
"Just remember this. Forty men together can't lose." George Allen

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:48 pm

I thought the skins played very well today. Brunnell looked good, the OLIne did fine on pass plays, not very well on running plays. Thrash, Cooley and Lloyd did very well. Christina Fauria looked horrible, Ware made him look silly! The defense played way better than past games, but that's what I expected with Griff back. He makes all the difference for our defense. Springs looked good as did Washington.

I hate to harp on this issue but it's beginning to consume me -- While the 'boys were called for a lot of penalties, they committed plenty more that could be seen as the game was in progress.

Whitten holding on the TD pass (heck, he got up and looked all around for the laundry that wasn't. Even the announcers noticed it and they replayed it); and

Trip on the last punt return by Randal El. RE may have gone the whole way on that.

Do all teams have this happen and I need to quit worrying about it? Someone respond!

However, good teams make plays when they need them and that's what we did today. Call it luck, I've seen it happen to us, so I'll take it.

Also, I was so ticked off that Rogers didn't keep that ball from going into the endzone -- that guys has the worst hands of any starting CB I've ever seen. Jeez.

Notice Gibbs didn't watch the final kick? Maybe he was saying the prayer that made that ball curve left just inside the right goal post.

In the end, I'll take it...3-5 and the eggles up next.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:52 pm

I hate to rain on this victory parade but I am as angry as hell.

Archuleta is a liability but Jimoh just almost killed us with that face mask. Sure the other guy was -also doing it but we should be smart. The secondary got BURNED a number of times. What is wrong with Rogers concentration. Wright is not here to stay. We were LUCKY to see critical balls dropped when the pass was perfect by Romo. No question Romo is their QB of the future.

The BIGGEST difference on defense was a guy not on the field: Gregg Williams. :shock: Why was he not calling this defense before? Sure we have a mediocre secondary but pressure on the QB helps a lot. We should have played with far more aggressive schemes in the past.

On offense: I am delighted to see Lloyd and Thrash more involved but there were quite a few times when receivers were open DEEP and Brunell did not have the arm, the accuracy or the vision to get the ball to them.

Pukes have a solid defense against the run but our OL did NOTHING to help Clinton.

Face it guys: We won but this game could have gone the other way and our season would be over by now. It was a better performance but we are not out of the woods by a long shot.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:59 pm

RiC --

In the NFL, take every W you can!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:05 pm

fredp45 wrote:RiC --

In the NFL, take every W you can!
I do and I will. Get me 8 more and I will not complain whatsoever. It is just that we have not sorted out our offense issues yet.

Our defense is -beginning- to play at times the way it should have from the start.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby old-timer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:18 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I hate to rain on this victory parade but I am as angry as hell.

Archuleta is a liability but Jimoh just almost killed us with that face mask. Sure the other guy was -also doing it but we should be smart. The secondary got BURNED a number of times. What is wrong with Rogers concentration. Wright is not here to stay. We were LUCKY to see critical balls dropped when the pass was perfect by Romo. No question Romo is their QB of the future.

The BIGGEST difference on defense was a guy not on the field: Gregg Williams. :shock: Why was he not calling this defense before? Sure we have a mediocre secondary but pressure on the QB helps a lot. We should have played with far more aggressive schemes in the past.

On offense: I am delighted to see Lloyd and Thrash more involved but there were quite a few times when receivers were open DEEP and Brunell did not have the arm, the accuracy or the vision to get the ball to them.

Pukes have a solid defense against the run but our OL did NOTHING to help Clinton.

Face it guys: We won but this game could have gone the other way and our season would be over by now. It was a better performance but we are not out of the woods by a long shot.

Great post RiC, I agree with the tone and substance of it.

We were very lucky to win this game. Brunell showed yet again that although he will not lose you many games he will not win you many either. The TD pass to Cooley was late and short. The 48 yard pass to Lloyd that ended up in a penalty was underthrown. There was at least one intermediate pass up the middle that sailed way high. There were at least two passes thrown that should have been intercepted but were not. There was a DOINK off the facemask that ended up a fumble. I could go on and on.

Brunell is a liability on this team and it is unforgivable that we are wasting all of our offensive talent with him at QB.

After this game I'd be very surprised if Archuleta starts again anytime soon. What kind of commentary is it on your front office when a guy like Vincent, who other teams won't even take a look at, is better than your starting safety? Oh. My. God.

Regarding GW's defense for this game, I've got some bad news for you: the Cowboys offensive line is not very good. And we still had a tough time rushing the passer for most of the game.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:20 pm

First and foremost HTTR. I thought the game had been lost.

Second, Mark almost threw four interceptions. Our WRs bailed him out big time today. Lloyd came back for a pick. Lloyd up ended RR for a pick. Cooley stole a pick...and I can't remeber the fourth.

I'm happy for the win but we still have big isues.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby gus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:24 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Face it guys: We won but this game could have gone the other way and our season would be over by now. It was a better performance but we are not out of the woods by a long shot.

For me this season has been over for a couple of weeks, and beating the cowpukes is all I needed to carry me till next year.

A couple of thoughts after a finish that made me take a double dossage of my pressure medicine:

- Brunnell is worthless, he doesn't have the arm anymore and he needs to be replaced asap.
- Our secondary is getting toasted left and right.
- Gibbs didn't watch the last kick, I think he is getting close to calling it quits. He is too old and has enough money to keep on taking this kind of stuff week in and week out.
- I have seen more bizarre finishes in the NFL this year, than anyother in my 24 years as a fan.

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm happy.

Gus
Hail to the REDSKINS, Hail VICTORY.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006