Post game discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:30 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Based on the coaches decisions, history, and the way that I see things right now. . .which is about all we have to go on as fans (each with their perspective on how they see things). IF Jason gave us a better chance to win on any particular week, in the coaches eyes, we'd have seen him by now. I also don't think his first start is too far off.

You have to remember that "ready" is word that is here relative to everything else around him. Campbell doesn't seem "ready" to play in my eyes. However, in another sense of the word, Campbell is "ready" to play--or at least we'd better hope that he is!--and I feel good about his ability to step in and begin learning the ropes.

It's just that sometimes, when QBs are "ready" to play, that doesn't mean that they give a team the best chance to win. So that's what I meant originally, when I used the term "ready" in the former (relative) sense, not the latter.

Where do you believe he isnt ready?

I honestly, can't see where he could be any worse at this point in the season. Brunell made rookie mistakes left and right. And IMO the team doesn't even allow Brunell to use his veteran skillset. He can't call audibles, he can't choose plays... He basically runs the play dictated to him and he's no longer able to execute when given time. Its just a fact.

Chris, I totally agree with you. Right on.

Postby hrp » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:01 am

This team has no coaching. They show up every week unprepared. (The short swing pass hasn't worked in weeks , stop using it. )
Running on 3rd and 20+ is genius? The defense shoul;d at least pretend to cover pass receivers.
Coaching a previously successful scheme is myopic. You need to coach personnel. Fit schemes to players not players to schemes.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 am

When the INT went back for the TD, Gibbs should have pulled Brunell, just to change things up. And someone needs to tell Carlos Rogers that when the other team only needs two yards for a first down, he shouldn't be giving a 10 yard cushion to the receiver. He was so determined not to get beat deep, that he gave up the first down all day long.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:56 am

And yes, Brunell isn't the only issue, by a longshot. But Gibbs' decision to stick with him is perhaps emblematic of a refusal to learn and adapt to what's required to be successful these days. It's literally 2004 all over again.

Agree 100%. It's the same mistakes over and over again.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:44 pm

John Manfreda wrote:Czaban should [have] directed that question at Gibbs.

Czabe would NEVER have the stones to do that, regardelss of what he might say on radio or in a tv studio, behind Joe's back.

I wonder how Czabe would react if someone were to ask him the same questions after one of his idiotic shows.

Czabe, will you be on FOX next season?

If your show continues to stink, would you go up to FOX and ask them to replace you???

Please. Real class, czabe. :roll:
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby John Manfreda » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:09 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
John Manfreda wrote:Czaban should [have] directed that question at Gibbs.

Czabe would NEVER have the stones to do that, regardelss of what he might say on radio or in a tv studio, behind Joe's back.

I wonder how Czabe would react if someone were to ask him the same questions after one of his idiotic shows.

Czabe, will you be on FOX next season?

If your show continues to stink, would you go up to FOX and ask them to replace you???

Please. Real class, czabe. :roll:

I have to agree with you on that one.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:36 am

Actually, two years ago, the Joe Gibbs show was hosted by Czabe and Pollin, and something happened that forced 980 to make Bram the host. Not sure what happened, but the pair eluded to something Czabe asked him or said, but I don't recall what it was.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006