Postgame Jason Campbell discussion.

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
+++++++++

Postgame Jason Campbell discussion.

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:05 pm

I didn't get to see the game, but the numbers are damn encouraging.

19 for 34 (56%) on his passes, no interceptions, 2 touchdowns, 196 yards... and it was all done with little to no help from the rushing game.

It would seem to me that Tampa Bay wanted to stop the run, and challenge the kid to beat them. Excellent strategy, and it worked for them.

Hopefully Campbell can build off this win and catapult himself into stardom!

How were the intangible things? Like firing up teammates and taking charge?
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:07 pm

there was also some dropped passes and that Thrash pass in the 4th quarter could've easily gotten us first down and a TD to follow sparing us more time

anyway, im satisfied with Campbells first game, he is damn good.
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:11 pm

He is a beast.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:14 pm

He played well.

We certainly can't blame him for the loss.

I will be very interested to see what this offense looks like next season when he's had an entire offseason and training camp getting reps as the #1 guy and he has a healthy Santana Moss and Clinton Portis at his disposal.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:22 pm

JPM36 wrote:He played well.

We certainly can't blame him for the loss.

I will be very interested to see what this offense looks like next season when he's had an entire offseason and training camp getting reps as the #1 guy and he has a healthy Santana Moss and Clinton Portis at his disposal.

getting me that excited :D i wont be able to sleep!!
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:28 pm

I was very impressed with Jason's first showing. He showed a strong arm, with good accuracy. He had poise and he could move well in the pocket.

I would give him an 8. Well done.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:38 pm

The kid looked good. As good as I hoped and better than I expected. Without a 1 unlucky bounce we would have won this game.

Chad

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Campbell did good!

That guy has got one heck of an arm on him! He keeps his cool when he has somebody right in his face! Like that 15 yard pass to Thrash in the first quarter! For those that didn't see the game..........He had dodged one blitzer and had another one coming but threw a bullet to Thrash for a 15 yard gain!

With that being said I think there are two things that he needs to work on. One of them is his timing. He was throwing balls into the dirt and at least two passes to nobody! The other thing is when the opposing team shows blitz with 7 or 8 guys coming up to the line.........He needs to adjust his protection or audible to a quick slant or....he just needs to do something! Most of the time when that happened the play ended in a sack or a incompletion.

I'm not trying to diss Campbell at all either! That guy did real well for his first start. I can't wait to see him next week at Fed Ex!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

swine

Postby redskins-28 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:40 pm

He played great, as Gibbs would say.... he played his guts out and played very smart. He did play very smart, no mistakes and looked very comfortable, mobile and confident.

In other words..... I think we've got ourselves a franchise QB.

HTTR HTTR
Skins fan since birth!!!

piglet

Postby kimaster » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:48 pm

the best about JC was taht he obviously has the arm. see how flat and fast he throws those long bombs? no arc. also, he looks so poised in the pocket. he is able to avoid the rush and make that TD pass instead of throwing it to the sideline.

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:36 pm

He needs to adjust his protection or audible to a quick slant or....he just needs to do something! Most of the time when that happened the play ended in a sack or a incompletion.

Qb's in Saunders' system are not allowed to audible.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:53 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
He needs to adjust his protection or audible to a quick slant or....he just needs to do something! Most of the time when that happened the play ended in a sack or a incompletion.

Qb's in Saunders' system are not allowed to audible.

are you serious? that is really dumb

swine

Postby Judge » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:58 pm

redskins-28 wrote:In other words..... I think we've got ourselves a franchise QB.

Tap the brake, but only a little...

Plenty of positives:

He looked confident, he didn't make dumb mistakes, he's apparently got a bazooka for an arm with some surprising touch, and the rest of the team looked responsive and enthusiastic with him in there as opposed to when Brunell has been. And even though the team lost, nobody can say that Campbell was the reason why.

Let's just remember...this is only ONE game. True, it's a VERY good start...but it's only ONE game.

I'm hoping like hell that he keeps right on maturing and improving, and that he gives Gibbs no choice but to name him the starter come next season and that we've seen the last of Brunell.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:01 pm

He looked very impressive for his first start. Played well without our best RB and WR...and another shotty performance from Jansen the O Line.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Re: Postgame Jason Campbell discussion.

Postby spenser » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:14 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:
Hopefully Campbell can build off this win and catapult himself into stardom!

We won? Sweet!

In seriousness, i LOVE his poise. I really liked his postgame conferance, and how he said he was calm the whole game. His attitude really reminded me of mcnabb. Very cool, collected and the game doesnt seem to big for him. Im pumped! Once we go 4-12 we will have a top 3 pick in the draft and JC will have a bit of experiance and we can get ready for another losing season! :D sarcasm for thouse of you who will want to attack me....

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006