The official defense sucks thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
swine

Postby I remember the good » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:31 pm

Greg Williams, Boonell, Rodgers, Marshall, Lindsey, Archuleta, Holdman, Daniels, Wynn should all be cut. I also never liked Betts either and his fumble yesterday further proves that. He sucks and I hope we don't sign him in the off season, I think Duckett should be the one SPLITTING TIME with Portis.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 pm

He said ... she said ... :lowblow: I think that we all know where certain people stand on the issues here. I am and always have been a Gibbs supporter and by extension I consider whomever he selects as a coach or a player as someone that I "support". That is not to say that I am anti Campbell or pro Brunell, I am a Redskins fan.

I (and I think a lot of others) have been hoping and looking forward to seeing Campbell play QB for some time as I am sure that if Gibbs thought enough of him to go to the extent that he did to get him then he must be something special. I have always felt that our problems this year were because we are not playing well enough as a team and that will not change quickly.

Apart from TRO I'm not sure how many "Brunnies" there are actually. :hmm: Most of us just wanted whoever was in there to get the job done until Gibbs decided that Campbell was ready and not because of some fans and low lifes who would just boo because they thought it would help somehow.

Now we have the QB that the fans (and the low lifes - they are still not fans) always looked forward to seeing and IMO, he looks as good as we felt he might be.
Now we can continue to hope that the team will start playing together and we can gain some sort of idea of where we need to address the issues we have to make our team better.

By the way, I certainly hope our QB does not get injured (as the low lifes were hoping would happen to Brunell) but if he does I'm sure Brunell will try and help this team be successful. I'm also sure that being the quality player and teammate that Brunell is, that he is doing everything he can to help Campbell be successful.

thank you Mark Brunell (Cowboy Killa :up: ) and all the best to our new QB.
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:41 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Apart from TRO I'm not sure how many "Brunnies" there are actually. :hmm:

TRO has no equal. :lol:

Most of us just wanted whoever was in there to get the job done until Gibbs decided that Campbell was ready and not because of some fans and low lifes who would just boo because they thought it would help somehow.

So didth TRO. It's too bad that the poor defensive played opened the door faster for Mark to exit the stage. That being said, JC looked like a stud yesterday, and I'm pleased to see that his throwing mechanics have changed some.

thank you Mark Brunell (Cowboy Killa :up: ) and all the best to our new QB.

Indeed. :up:
Back and better than ever!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:46 pm

Our defence does indeed suck. Back to the drawing board?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

I agree...

Postby Redskin Don » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:48 pm

The D line is just awful, Griffin is the best we have and he is getting old I think, seems to be injured alot. We need to address the line first and foremost this offseason, offensive line too.

AMEN!!!! Those are the BIGGEST problems we have and they were the biggest problems we had when Brunell was playing QB too.

As for Archuleta and Carter, I'd like to know who's idea it was to sign them? Does anyone really think that this is the only year Archuleta couldn't cover anybody? As for Carter, I don't know much about him, but somebody didn't do their homework on either one of these guys... and to let Pierce go to the Giants and Smoot go to Minnesota is criminal...

WE NEED A FRIGGIN' GENERAL MANAGER!!!! Snyder and Cerrato need to get out of the personnel business and let a professional go to work. Who are we going to sign next year? We're bumping smack dab up against the cap now!?
"Winning isn't the only thing... it's EVERYTHING"

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:23 pm

Well, I think the switch at QB and the benching of AA with basically the same ol' results shows our problems run much deeper than the play of two individuals. That's why I was surprised AA didn't get into the game yesterday. With him on the bench, we've seen the same big plays in the secondary and even though he was giving up some big plays, I think he was the 2nd leading tackler on the team at the time of his benching (don't quote me on that, it's just something I think I read here). With a defense that has trouble tackling, it seems like he should at least have been used in some of the packages.

Anyway, it's hard to figure out what is going on with the D. You wouldn't think losing a few players would have this sort of an effect. It's also obvious that whatever we're doing, the league now knows how to exploit it. In one article, Williams (RB at Tampa) said that by studying the film they knew they could attack us with the run. I was a little surprised by that since I figured everyone would think they could attack with the pass.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:17 pm

I think as RiC pointed out on a different thread and UK Skins Fan earlier - we need to use the next 6 games to guage where we stand and take a look at all the players that are here and make sure we properly evaluate for next year in these games. We have a lot of good games left to give a lot of these guys an opportunity to show how they might fit what we are trying to do.

I think that all the players are a part of the team and are used when their particular talents suit the other players and the game plan. I know that Williams has said that everyone that suits up for him is a part of the starting defense. AA being on the sidelines is not benching per se to me, I think his talents (or lack there of) did not suit what Williams wanted on the field - no big deal, our defense did not play either yesterday so a single player is not too blame.

We need to give some of the other guys a chance - how good was it to see Yoder get a TD?
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006