What would make you happier?

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.

What would make you happier?

If the Cowgirls missed the playoffs by 1 game...again?
94%
Or the Cowgirls get to the Super Bowl and then get Humilliated really really badly?
6%

Total votes : 62
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:16 pm

Primetime42 wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
forskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Wow. Then I suppose that Gibbs won three "bass ackwards" Superbowls, as well as lead a 10-6 team, with a sweep of Dallas, to the playoffs last year. His philosophy on personnel has been fairly consistent throughout his career in the NFL.

All of those Superbowls were before Free Agency, so one could go on spending spree with Free Agents and not think twice about it. That same philosophy won't bring long term success in today's game when Free agents are paid tons more then drafted rookies.

Again, we'll see. The Redskins haven't made as many "high profile" free agent moves in recent years, which is the shift that we're seeing from the early Snyder era. Again, this year was a down year, so I'm not defending our moves, but if you look at the free agents acquired in Gibbs' first two seasons we didn't go for the biggest names out there. . .with the one exception being Clinton Portis--and he's been a great addition, as it turns out.

Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Phillip Daniels, Griffin, Rabach, Thomas, Sellers, Moss. . .none of these were the biggest names out there, yet all have contributed as much as Cooley, Jansen, Taylor, Rogers, Marshall, and our other draft picks have.

The key is to pick up FA's without the damage to the salary cap, which has clearly been the Skins strategy in the past few years. And, like I said, we'll see what works and what doesn't. The Cowboys look like the stronger team this year but were swept by the Skins last year. . .and you never know what next year will bring.

Actually, those SBs were not before free agency, just free agency as we know it now. We got Wilbur Marshall in free agency from Da Bears. Also Portis was aquired via trade, not free agency. Same with Moss. But hey, why throw logic and reality into a 'Pie fan's delusions. :lol:
As I recall, draft picks and new contracts were involved.

Selective memory is a great thing, isn't it?

Draft picks and new contracts don't make a trade any less of a trade, do they? Selective comprehension is not so great a thing, is it?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:23 pm

Just pointing out that it falls into the same category, which is called "Mortgaging the future".

No need to get uppity.
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

####

Postby JPM36 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 pm

Nobody gives a damn what you think.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:46 pm

Primetime42 wrote:Just pointing out that it falls into the same category, which is called "Mortgaging the future".

No need to get uppity.

No there certainly isn't. Especially if you know any history. Say how George Allen and Bobby Beathard "mortgaged the future" all of those years when we went to 5 SBs and 6 Championship games. If you choose wisely, a veteran is often a better deal than a draft pick. BTW the 3 SBs for the 'Pies were the result of the Herschel Walker trade to Minnesota, Mr. selective memory.

PS How's Martin Grammatica treating ya? :lol: What was the damage for Vanderchoke? 2.5 mil or so? That's a hefty mortgage payment for a guy that made 5 of 18 FGs for the 'Pies.
ROTFALMAO

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby forskins » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:30 pm

JSPB22 wrote:Actually, those SBs were not before free agency, just free agency as we know it now. We got Wilbur Marshall in free agency from Da Bears. Also Portis was aquired via trade, not free agency. Same with Moss. But hey, why throw logic and reality into a 'Pie fan's delusions. :lol:

You know what, I actually mispoke before, I meant to say Salary Cap. Of course free agency has been around for quite some time.

I know you guys are loving the recent debacle of Vanderjerk. So the Cowboys have one free agent bust this year. Are you the Redskins still paying part of Arrington's salary still? Just curious.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:40 pm

forskins wrote:Are you the Redskins still paying part of Arrington's salary still? Just curious.

This isn't baseball...
Last edited by 1niksder on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:10 pm

1niksder wrote:
forskins wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:Are you the Redskins still paying part of Arrington's salary still? Just curious.

This isn't baseball...

You're putting foul words in my mouth, 1nik.

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:14 pm

JSPB22 I have no idea what you are talking about :^o
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:17 pm

No, I'm sure you don't. :wink:

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 am

forskins wrote:You know what, I actually mispoke before, I meant to say Salary Cap. Of course free agency has been around for quite some time.

I know you guys are loving the recent debacle of Vanderjerk. So the Cowboys have one free agent bust this year. Are you the Redskins still paying part of Arrington's salary still? Just curious.

forskins, if you can tell me the name of a single player that the Skins wanted to sign but couldn't due to the salary cap, then I'll respond to your point about this being a salary cap era.

Or, if you can tell me when the Skins will actually hit salary cap hell--since we're, you know, "mortgaging our future" and all. . .year after year after year without end. . . :lol:--then we can keep talking. Until then, it looks to me like you're just giving us regurgitated ESPN talking points.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:30 pm

JPM36 wrote:Nobody gives a damn what you think.
That's an obvious lie considering you offer 5th grade rebuttals to a good 80% of the posts I make here :lol:
"He's a playmaker, that's his label. They used to have strong safeties, but now they got another position: They're called playmakers." -Terence Newman on Roy Williams

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:17 pm

Primetime42 wrote:
JPM36 wrote:Nobody gives a damn what you think.
That's an obvious lie considering you offer 5th grade rebuttals to a good 80% of the posts I make here :lol:

I don't need to take the time to refute every idiotic post you make.

Other people have already done it for me. Telling you how wrong you are would just be redundant.

Why don't you respond to those posts?

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:31 pm

Go read. I've responded to every rational argument made to me.

You on the other hand, just keep telling me I'm wrong while making backhanded attempts at insulting me.

Instead of telling me I'm wrong, why not try telling me WHY I'm wrong for once?

####

Postby JPM36 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:45 pm

I never said you were wrong about anything.

All I said was that nobody here cares what you have to say.

Hog

Postby Primetime42 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:00 pm

And I told you outright that you're full of it because that simply isn't the case.

There are actually people here I have rational conversation with, you know.

Return to Around the League