Official Panthers vs Redskins Postgame Discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
SCskinsFan

Official Panthers vs Redskins Postgame Discussion

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:44 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Good morning my fellow Washington Redskins fans!

It will be game time in about three hours and we will find a few answers about the character of our players and coaches very soon. With the season down the toilet, I will argue there is much to watch into today's game:

1) I will watch Joe Gibbs very carefully today.

2) I will analyse the play calling on offense and defense with a critical eye, particularly those call on cover 2 protection on defense ...

3) I want to see Jason Campbell and Brandon Lloyd and Randle El develop further.

4) I will keep an eye on our pass rush and coverage.

5) I want to see how the fron 7 play against the run.

6) I want TJ Duckett to succeed!!!

I want to see my Redskins play. I want them to win but if they can not, I want to see a GREAT effort.

Redskin Nation is in a really foul mood and if things get ugly at the beginning it can be a VERY long day for everybody. This is an interesting test.

I am supporting my team on the field rain or shine but I am not sure all of you are with me. Let's see.

Hail to the Redskins!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, now that the game is over and the Skins have pulled out a 17 - 13, what say you now RIC?
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:46 pm

Nice win. Was good to see Carlos have a good day and for Jason to bounce back after the interception. It was great to see the D hold when Carolina got the ball back at the end also.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:56 pm

nnskinsfan wrote:Nice win. Was good to see Carlos have a good day and for Jason to bounce back after the interception. It was great to see the D hold when Carolina got the ball back at the end also.

It was good to see Carlos step up and play like the 1st Round Draft choice he was. No doubt it was his best game of the year.

Hog

Postby redskins12287 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:57 pm

I didn't get to see the entire game, but what I saw and have heard about...I am impressed. I did not think they could pull it off, but Campbell was solid, Rogers showed us why we drafted him, and #21 looked like his old self. Did you see that tackle he made to prevent them from converting that 4th down? Then the pick, great game for Sean and for the team overall.

I'm not going to talk playoffs, but it feels great to finally be able to put a notch in the W column.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:18 pm

hey, if we can beat Atlanta and New Orleans...watch out for that wild card spot, we just need the panthers to keep losing, that last game against New York could be critical

its not impossible
Last edited by Skins2daGrave on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:21 pm

We'll be the first 9-7 team to win the Super Bowl, lol
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby redskins12287 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:26 pm

Skins2daGrave wrote:hey, if we can beat Atlanta and New Orleans...watch out for that wild card spot, we just need the panthers to keep losing, that last game against New York could be critical

its not impossible

of course it's not impossible, I just don't want to get my hopes and expectations up after one win.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:32 pm

if the D keeps playing like this the sky is the limit
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:41 pm

Let's give some props also to Ladell Betts for pounding out 104 yds on some tough runs against the legitimate run stopping D line of the Panthers. Duckett's long run was good to see too.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:13 pm

Up until today, lots of posters were blaming the back 4 for the bad play of the defense. It begins with the line and it showed today. When the front 4 can pressure the QB and stop the run effectively, the LBs can do their job and the back 4 can do what they need to do. Can anyone believe they saw Holdman look good today?

The DLine needs to get recognized today as the unit that absolutely stepped it up. They played an outstanding game. I saw each DLine player make a good play today. It wasn't just a few of them.

Actually, both lines played as well as they have all year long. If they had played that way all year -- we'd be 7-4, or better, now. Too bad it's taken so long for them to step it up.

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:25 pm

Golston is a beast! i'd say he was the best draft pick this year considering Rocky hasnt been given a chance to play

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:36 pm

I would give game balls to:

Betts, Rogers, Campbell and Taylor

Nice win. Where has that defense been all year?

:celebrate:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:41 pm

I have to give Carlos Rogers props, for playing his best game of the season, but he still gives too big a cushion on pass plays. Golston has been a nice surprise.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:11 pm

How about this for composure....

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- Seeking his first win as an NFL starting quarterback, Jason Campbell faced a vital third down with his team trailing late in the fourth quarter.
Through his helmet transmitter, he heard his position coach call the formation.

Then silence. The transmitter went dead. Campbell had to call the play himself, based on the players sent onto the field.

"We could tell that there was something wrong," right tackle Jon Jansen said. "But he picked up and just took us out there and we ran the play, and it was big."

The play went for 66 yards and a touchdown. Tight end Chris Cooley caught the pass over the middle near midfield, escaped two tacklers and ran down the sideline for the winning score in the Washington Redskins' 17-13 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

"I didn't hear the play that was called," Campbell said. "I just tried to call one of the plays that we worked on all week that would give us an opportunity to make a first down. Fortunately, God was with me when I made that call, and Cooley did a great job of running after the catch."

[url]http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261126028[/quote][/url]
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:29 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:How about this for composure....

LANDOVER, Md. (AP) -- Seeking his first win as an NFL starting quarterback, Jason Campbell faced a vital third down with his team trailing late in the fourth quarter.
Through his helmet transmitter, he heard his position coach call the formation.

Then silence. The transmitter went dead. Campbell had to call the play himself, based on the players sent onto the field.

"We could tell that there was something wrong," right tackle Jon Jansen said. "But he picked up and just took us out there and we ran the play, and it was big."

The play went for 66 yards and a touchdown. Tight end Chris Cooley caught the pass over the middle near midfield, escaped two tacklers and ran down the sideline for the winning score in the Washington Redskins' 17-13 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

"I didn't hear the play that was called," Campbell said. "I just tried to call one of the plays that we worked on all week that would give us an opportunity to make a first down. Fortunately, God was with me when I made that call, and Cooley did a great job of running after the catch."

[url]http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261126028
[/url][/quote]

Any bets that Brunell would've just called a timeout? I'm loving Campbell and he really hasn't done much in the numbers catagory yet. I'm just loving it. =P~

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006