Something That Irked Me Today

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

Something That Irked Me Today

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:14 pm

So, there I am sitting in my seats. It's half-time and the Skins are getting beat 21-6. I am watching the Skins players walk off the field and to my surprise, many of them are SMILING!

SMILING!!

They are getting beaten 21-6 and these guys have a smile on their face! WTF!?!?!?!?!? Shouldn't they be upset? Pissed? Frustrated?

Smiling?

This, I think, is the problem of this team ladies and gentlemen.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Something That Irked Me Today

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:13 pm

Justice Hog wrote:So, there I am sitting in my seats. It's half-time and the Skins are getting beat 21-6. I am watching the Skins players walk off the field and to my surprise, many of them are SMILING!

SMILING!!

They are getting beaten 21-6 and these guys have a smile on their face! WTF!?!?!?!?!? Shouldn't they be upset? Pissed? Frustrated?

Smiling?

I don't Think they gave up anymore points after you saw them smiling... Maybe they knew something
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:20 pm

They weren't smiling when they left fed ex to go to their cars in the parking lot.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:41 pm

They might have smiled leaving the field at half-time, but I doubt that Gibbs left those smiles for long.

Yes, he hardly ever loses is temper in public, but he is known for having smashed blackboard and tossed trash-cans at half-time. He doesn;t curse, but a man with a sharp brain like Joe Gibbs doesn't need to curse to cut deeply into players. And he has had more experience doing it than almost anyone.

I noticed that the Eagles didn't score in the second half.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:04 pm

That was one of my problems with Brunell when he was the starter. Every shot on the sideline, no matter the score, and he was always smiling.

I sure hope Gibbs tore them a new one. We'll never know though, I suppose.

Hog

Postby InsaneBoost » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:46 pm

welch wrote:They might have smiled leaving the field at half-time, but I doubt that Gibbs left those smiles for long.

Yes, he hardly ever loses is temper in public, but he is known for having smashed blackboard and tossed trash-cans at half-time. He doesn;t curse, but a man with a sharp brain like Joe Gibbs doesn't need to curse to cut deeply into players. And he has had more experience doing it than almost anyone.

I noticed that the Eagles didn't score in the second half.

Yea I heard that too, I heard he sometimes would throw chairs at players too, but I also did hear that he cussed, but who knows besides the players and other staff in the locker room. I bet he can be real nasty though.
Redskins | Capitals | Nationals | Wizards | D.C United | UMD

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:02 am

Hey JH! I know you have closer seats then me, but I didn't see ONE SMILE when they were walking off the field and I'm pretty close! I did turn my head for a little bit........just who was it that you saw with a smile on his face?
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:00 am

Redskins Rule wrote:Hey JH! I know you have closer seats then me, but I didn't see ONE SMILE when they were walking off the field and I'm pretty close! I did turn my head for a little bit........just who was it that you saw with a smile on his face?

Justice Hog was extravagently kind enough to give his tickets to me and my wife a couple weeks ago when he couldn't make the game... trust me, if he says they were smiling, they were smiling! the players are so close when they come off the field, he could practically perform a dental exam, let alone judge a smile. :D

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:53 am

Redskins Rule wrote:Hey JH! I know you have closer seats then me, but I didn't see ONE SMILE when they were walking off the field and I'm pretty close! I did turn my head for a little bit........just who was it that you saw with a smile on his face?

Santana Moss to name one. He was walking off with Clinton Portis and both were smiling, almost laughing.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:53 am

but I also did hear that he cussed

Never heard about cursing, but it's possible to more effective without cursing. If figure Gibbs knows how.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 am

Justice Hog wrote:

Santana Moss to name one. He was walking off with Clinton Portis and both were smiling, almost laughing.

Moss!?!?!? What the heck did he have to smile at? If I were you I would have asked him whats was so funny that he has to laugh when he's down by 21 points!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:01 am

Justice Hog wrote:So, there I am sitting in my seats. It's half-time and the Skins are getting beat 21-6. I am watching the Skins players walk off the field and to my surprise, many of them are SMILING!

SMILING!!

Smiling?

What a petty post. Do you follow them around town examining their facial expressions too? How bout their wardrobes, should they only be allowed to wear black and hang their heads with a sufficient dour and empty gaze?

Can they have relations with their significant others, or do they need to play at 500 do do that?

Can you post a list of behaviors allowed and not allowed and the appropriate record that goes with it? I'm sure they don't want to risk the attitude police lurking in the shadows in a weak moment when for some strange reason they do not want to cry becuase they play for a 4-9 team.

Why don't we focus on the games and how they play, not if their personal demeanor meets appropriate levels of humility for their record?

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:01 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

SMILING!!

Smiling?

What a petty post. Do you follow them around town examining their facial expressions too? How bout their wardrobes, should they only be allowed to wear black and hang their heads with a sufficient dour and empty gaze?

Can they have relations with their significant others, or do they need to play at 500 do do that?

Can you post a list of behaviors allowed and not allowed and the appropriate record that goes with it? I'm sure they don't want to risk the attitude police lurking in the shadows in a weak moment when for some strange reason they do not want to cry becuase they play for a 4-9 team.

Why don't we focus on the games and how they play, not if their personal demeanor meets appropriate levels of humility for their record?

um, yeah kazoo, god forbid we actually expect the athletes we're paying millions of dollars to care if they're winning or losing. :roll:

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:24 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:What a petty post.......

You're kidding, right? You're okay with our players laughing it up while getting their collective butts handed to them? You're okay with them apparently not caring? I say "apparently" because that's what "smiling" portrays to me - a sign that they just don't care.

You can't understand that?

Now I'm wondering which of our posts is petty?
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:37 am

How is a smile without the context of EXACTLY what it was about worth anything?

I was in the player's lot after the game.... there wasn't anyone smiling at all... and I saw pretty much every player.

If you're going to accuse players of not caring, IMO it requires more than an impression of what two people might have been smiling about. For all we know, CP cracked a joke to try and lighten Santana's mood. Commentary and leaps of faith like this are something that the press stoop to. :roll:

I can't tell you categorically that they DO care, but I sure don't see how a guy smiling coming off the field proves that he doesn't.

The team came out and shut out the Eagles in the second half. They didn't get the job done, but they certainly didn't look like they were a team that didn't care out there. My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006