Some Things about FedEx

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
-----------

Some Things about FedEx

Postby Smithian » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:04 pm

I was at the game on Sunday verse the Eagles. Wish the outcome was different, but the people in section 122 were for the most part awesome fans and the free food in the Tailgate Club is a gift from the football Gods themselves. I hope I can make it next year for another game.

About the JumboTron, what is with the replays? If there is a replay, most of them look really far away. Am I imagining this or has anyone else noticed this? I will say the pregame highligths are pretty awesome and look like they're consistently updated.

The Eagle fans around me for the most part were cool guys. I was expecting worse, but I still would never go to Philly.

Also, Redskins fans, win or lose, drunk or sober, using the sink instead of waiting in line for the urinal is never cool.

Just felt like making a post on here and didn't feel like thinking about the team itself.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

~~~~~~

Re: Some Things about FedEx

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 pm

Smithian wrote:The Eagle fans around me for the most part were cool guys. I was expecting worse, but I still would never go to Philly.
Do you count how many of them are kicked out of the Stadium for fighting and just issuing profanities against families and other fans?

Philthy fans are the WORST in the NFL.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

-----------

Postby Smithian » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:53 pm

Like I said; around me. There was one behind me, didn't talk much the whole game. One two seats over, actually talked football and laughed about the problems of our respective teams. One behind me a few seats over and one row behind who was funnier than annoying. I actually sat next to an Eagles fan on the metro on the way to the game and talked both NFL and college football with him.

The common trend between all those fans is they were there with Redskins fans.

Now, there was one about five rows infront of me who was annoying. Pretty sure he at one point flipped off the 'Skins fan behind me. Another one right infront of me who talked trash the whole time.

The trend there is they weren't with 'Skin fans.

Yeah, I hate when Redskin fans take opposing fans, but atleast they don't bring total idiots.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:54 pm

I will never take a fan of a team we are playing against to a game. I would rather give the seats to a Redskins fan or someone here at THN before I would take a fan of another team. The worst thing is these were fans of teams in our division - these are low life people.
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:52 am

SkinsJock wrote:I will never take a fan of a team we are playing against to a game. I would rather give the seats to a Redskins fan or someone here at THN before I would take a fan of another team. The worst thing is these were fans of teams in our division - these are low life people.
Now come on, each person is different. The Philly fans near me were ok for the most part. The ones that were not were kicked out of the stadium.

The Jumbo Tron sucks. It should be much bigger and show more replays. The Danny should pony up. But, I still hold out hope that the team moves back into the District and blows that place up.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

piggie

Postby Skin Diesel » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:50 am

SkinsJock wrote:I will never take a fan of a team we are playing against to a game. I would rather give the seats to a Redskins fan or someone here at THN before I would take a fan of another team. The worst thing is these were fans of teams in our division - these are low life people.

So, would you refuse to go to an away game if a friend of yours who was a fan of that team offered to take you? I live near Tampa, and my friends who are Bucs fans take me to Redskins games there all the time. I took my wife, a Packers fan, to FedEx a couple of years ago when the Skins played them. I plan on going to Lambeau with her next year. There's nothing wrong with that. Lighten up a little.
"Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions."

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:02 pm

Skin Diesel wrote:I took my wife, a Packers fan,

A mixed marriage, huh? How's that working out? How are you going to raise the kids? :wink:

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:03 am

One thing I will say about the tailgate club, with the money you pay for the tickets they need to change the food up. It's good food and a really awesome concept but it gets a little old after awhile. I can see how it would be awesome if you went to one or two games, but I am going to 10 a year and I must say I am about sloppy joe and tater saladed out. Not to mention they still charge you for beer although it's discounted...
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:10 am

We change our food every week at the tailgate and we don't charge you a dime.

I always find it funny that the Redskins pop their own tailgate club as being with the Hogettes too... what a laugh... they're sitting beside us every week at the tailgate so I'm not really sure how they could be in two places at once. If you want to meet the Hogettes at a game then there's only one place to come.... Green Lot - section A75 - not the Redskins official sloppy joe / potato salad venue. :wink:

We had stew last week, chicken the week before... burgers the week before that... and I'm sure it'll be something different entirely for the last tailgate against the Giants.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:45 pm

We had both chili and BBQ sandwiches the time that I could make it. Amazing food, and CLL took my picture with the Hogettes (too bad he lost it later :cry: )

Did the official Redskins tailgate used to have the Hogettes? Maybe they have lookalikes now. . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:06 pm

The official Redskin's tailgate has one or two of the real Hogettes stop by but it's fairly close to kick off time. They leave the THN tailgate to go there.

And Irn-Bru, come back and I'll take your picture with them and I promise not to lose it. How about a honeymoon at FedEx???
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:36 pm

NikiH wrote:The official Redskin's tailgate has one or two of the real Hogettes stop by but it's fairly close to kick off time. They leave the THN tailgate to go there.

And Irn-Bru, come back and I'll take your picture with them and I promise not to lose it. How about a honeymoon at FedEx???

That one didn't fly too well in the brainstorm session. I asked her what happened to a "green light" policy with new ideas.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006