Congrats Skins fan

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:05 pm

We won...and we played a good game. I'm happy for the win. I felt we would take this one and many laughed at me (48 of 50 in my pool). Thanks Saints fan for the congrats. Good luck in your run for the Super Bowl. Your team has been great this year and thanks also for kicking the Cowboys butts last week. We do appreciate that.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:43 pm

You're calling a Saints fan a sore loser after coming onto a Redskins board and congratulating us on a good game?

The saints fan you mention gave a backhanded congrats...what he said was congradulations on the saints not playing their A game, translation : fluke win. I saw a different game. The Redskins were better in every aspect including coaching, so I feel like if a saints fan wants to come onto a Redskins message board and say good game he should do just that as in "Good Game Redskins" not "Bad Game Saints" do you understand jakey?

Tell me how this is not a sore loser talking!?
Your guys caught us with our pants down after a big week. I'm thinking we started to believe our own press clippings a little too much. Hopefully this will piss us off good and well for the playoffs.
Last edited by Gibbs4Life on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:45 pm

So what? We won.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:53 pm

I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell today but today was just one of those weeks

So you didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell and you picked against the Skins... YOUR post epitomizes what bandwagon fan is. Go put on your Reggie Bush jersey and I'll see you next year Mrs. fairweather,

Difference between us...

Gibbs4life - bleeds burgandy and gold

Jake- black and gold

Hey Jake still think we should put Brunell in?
HAIL

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:03 pm

You know you're wrong for slamming a guy coming on here and saying good game and so you have to quote me saying I didn't think we'd win the game? That has nothing to do with you.

And go entertain yourself and look up the Hognositcations thread from Week 5 to see what I have to say on the topic.

Other than that, please stay on THIS topic.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:04 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:You didn't overlook us WE TOOK IT TO YA. Our offensive line smacked your girls around like little red headed step children. I don't wanna hear your excuses "this wasn't our A game" what a sore loser. Come playoffs it's all Chicago baby, why? becuase they play defense, something New Orleans doesn't...especially now that Jason Campbell Betts and Co. has disected you on film for all to see.

Signed,
"Winning Gracefully"

If that is your idea of "winning gracefully" then you have a lot to learn.

This post indicates a lot of things about you to everyone here :puke:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:05 pm

So you didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell and you picked against the Skins... YOUR post epitomizes what bandwagon fan is. Go put on your Reggie Bush jersey and I'll see you next year Mrs. fairweather,

Difference between us...

Gibbs4life - bleeds burgandy and gold

Jake- black and gold

Hey Jake still think we should put Brunell in?

This is nonsense. Start to finish:

- insulting a respectable fan of another team, a fan who congratulated the Redskins on a win

- writing the insult at the far edge of what's acceptable on the non-smack board

- personally attacking someone that a few thousand of us have learned is one of the most reliably mature, thoughtful people on THN...a person who, by the way, gives the rest us a staggering amount of work that helps to keep THN alive.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:56 pm

I kid Jake, I know he is one of our leaders on this board and a true Redskin for sure...I've been apart of this board for a long time and he has been here for much longer so I have respect for that.

Now having said that when I feel a fan of another team is on here trying to say we didn't earn a win, well then I take exception to that and will express myself as such. To me that's like being spit at, "you guys caught us with our pants down after a big week" how about we hit you in the jaw with your pants pads and and helmets fully on.

I saw every snap it was classic Redskins football...the reason we won that game is because we played smashmouth Redskins football the way no other team in the NFL does...I mean we ran Counter Tre for God's sake! Even the announcer was like "hey they dusted that off out of the 80's no one does that anymore pulling the entire backside Samuels and Dock.

So if a fellow Redskins fan disagrees and thinks I'm wrong, that's fine but don't ignore the fact that the guy (saints fan) was clearly making excuses for his team and not giving the Skins any credit at all for the win.
Oh and the "winning gracefully" thing was a joke...how boring would it be to post "good game man, yeah your guys just must have had an off day"
Thats non-sense we we're the better team on this sunday and the better team on sunday is the better team period.
HAIL

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:11 pm

ROTFALMAO
Guy comes along and congratulates the fans on a win and it starts a debate on what the proper reply should be.
ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:55 am

1niksder wrote:ROTFALMAO
Guy comes along and congratulates the fans on a win and it starts a debate on what the proper reply should be.
ROTFALMAO

It's bigotry, is what it is.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:10 am

bigotry hmm maybe I have some hidden inner hatred for the saints, I'll look into it this offseason...NOT! Winning Feels Good. Today was a good day.
HAIL

|

Postby sch1977 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:15 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:
You're calling a Saints fan a sore loser after coming onto a Redskins board and congratulating us on a good game?

The saints fan you mention gave a backhanded congrats...what he said was congradulations on the saints not playing their A game, translation : fluke win. I saw a different game. The Redskins were better in every aspect including coaching, so I feel like if a saints fan wants to come onto a Redskins message board and say good game he should do just that as in "Good Game Redskins" not "Bad Game Saints" do you understand jakey?

Tell me how this is not a sore loser talking!?
Your guys caught us with our pants down after a big week. I'm thinking we started to believe our own press clippings a little too much. Hopefully this will piss us off good and well for the playoffs.

You forgot to quote the fact that he gave us congrats and has been a very classy poster. We won, enjoy it like a real fan!
Taylor and Landry will take no Prisoners!! - I just can't bring myself to delete it!

08 Champ

Re: Congrats Skins fan

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:41 am

Saintsfan25 wrote:Good win. Your guys caught us with our pants down after a big week. I'm thinking we started to believe our own press clippings a little too much. Hopefully this will piss us off good and well for the playoffs.

I think when we play our A game there's no one in the NFC that can hang with us, but obviously this wasn't our A game.

You guys should have a good one-two punch in Betts and Portis next year. Good luck to ya.

Thanks for the "congrats" - I am sorry for going off topic.

I am hoping we can have the same kind of turnaround next year as the Saints did this year.

I think you have a very good chance this year as the only other team that can play with you guys are the Bears and their D got exposed by both Miami and Tampa Bay at home.

I'll be cheering for the Saints this week and in the playoffs.
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:23 am

Okay, raise your hands. Be honest. After the Redskins kicked that field goal (and once again refused to go for it on 4th down) to go ahead 16-10, who here thought the Saints would march right down the field and end up winning 17-16?

Gotta admit. I was thinking that. Glad I was wrong!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:39 pm

1niksder wrote:ROTFALMAO
ROTFALMAO

Yes - this is the sort of debate I'd expect from a bunch of insecure Englishmen. :)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006