Redskins All-Time team

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am

Deadskins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:So does that mean QB is settled and we're now on RBs..?

RGIII may have something to say about that. :lol:

I guess we need to give him a year or two. :shock:

Unless you're thinking RG3 will win 2 NFL titles during those two years he still will have a long way to go to even be mentioned in the same breath as Sammy Baugh! While I will admit Sonny might have ben the better passer, Sammy was the better QB.

Sonny had the benefit of throwing the ball to the best WR duo in NFL history. Think about it, he had two legit HoF WRs to chuck the ball to. How many QB can say that? Don't say Bradshaw, because, in my mind, Stallworth and Swann being in the HoF is a JOKE!!!

Sammy is the best QB in Skins history and quite possibly the best overall player in NFL history!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:So does that mean QB is settled and we're now on RBs..?

Unless you're thinking RG3 will win 2 NFL titles during those two years he still will have a long way to go to even be mentioned in the same breath as Sammy Baugh! While I will admit Sonny might have ben the better passer, Sammy was the better QB.

Sonny had the benefit of throwing the ball to the best WR duo in NFL history. Think about it, he had two legit HoF WRs to chuck the ball to. How many QB can say that? Don't say Bradshaw, because, in my mind, Stallworth and Swann being in the HoF is a JOKE!!!

Sammy is the best QB in Skins history and quite possibly the best overall player in NFL history!

These guys were great if you collect buffalo pennies and have a model train set in your basement. You are making very large claims for guys that played in the 40's. All of the real athletes during that time were in Europe or the Pacific.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

& a TE who SHOULD be in the HOF.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Steve Spurrier III wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:The old guys I cant give a vote to because I am 28 years old and never seen them play.

Hey, I never saw Sammy Baugh play but I know he is the best of the bunch. Using your age as a crutch seems kind of weak. But it's your vote, you can do with it whatever you like.

hah. I'm still kind of laughing over this comment. Personally, I'm not going to use my age as a crutch, but I'm also not going to say Sammy or Sonny are the greatest Redskins QBs of all time just because its what I've heard from the old timers.

Anyway, kind of sad that those of us who grew up with the Redskins from the 80s on have so few choices for greatest QB. I'd have to go with Thiesman myself. Two super bowls, a couple franchise records and our last real franchise QB. No offense to Sammy Baugh or Sonny!

Have 4th ---

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Being 26 how can I not agree 100%? Clips of the past is a big difference from actually watching.. even though I wasn't very old then Theismann is etched in my memory where the other two I have to make it a point to learn about but because of my age, call it a crutch I call it youthfull strong legs lmao, I just don't KNOW Sonny and Sammy. Sorry oldskewlers, small price to pay for young guns lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:31 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:These guys were great if you collect buffalo pennies and have a model train set in your basement. You are making very large claims for guys that played in the 40's.

Yes, I am and I'm confident I'm right, but hey that is just my opinion (even if itis right)!

ATX_Skins wrote:All of the real athletes during that time were in Europe or the Pacific.

What?
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:These guys were great if you collect buffalo pennies and have a model train set in your basement. You are making very large claims for guys that played in the 40's.

Yes, I am and I'm confident I'm right, but hey that is just my opinion (even if itis right)!

ATX_Skins wrote:All of the real athletes during that time were in Europe or the Pacific.

What?

(he means WWII; Europe and the Pacific Theatre. Not sure that he's right, but that's what he's getting at. At least, that's what I think he means.)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:19 am

Baugh was won the NFL Championship in 1937, his rookie year.

See Wikipedia: "Two of his records as quarterback still stand: most seasons leading the league in passing (six; tied with Steve Young) and most seasons leading the league with the lowest interception percentage (five).[9] He is also third in highest single-season completion percentage (70.33), most seasons leading the league in yards gained (four) and most seasons leading the league in completion percentage (seven)."

For those who never saw Sonny play, Here is a 14 minute NFL Films product called "Did Your Ever See Sonny Play?"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-pre ... Sonny-play

Shows why Sonny is the finest passer in modern football.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football