Preview for Saturdays Game Against Patriots.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Preview for Saturdays Game Against Patriots.

Postby Bleed BLue » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:25 pm

* I had origanly posted on a New England Fan Page Messageboard

After doing a massive amount of research I think I finally have come up with a score.

The game will be a close one. With Tom Brady and Patrick Ramsey going head to head for most of the first quarter. Drive after Drive both teams will rack up the scoreboard, despite the fact that each team has a fairly good defense, but I am sorry to say the Redskins first team wins this one.

Midway through the second quarter things will start to slow down. Each team will probably have their back-ups in by now, for the Patriots that would be Damon Huard and for the Redskins it would be Rob Johnson, and this is the time where kickers will be needed most as both second team offenses will not have the skill to get the six points as the first team would. With all the sacks that Johnson takes and with a not so skilled offensive line I say that the Patriots second team wins this battle.

With about a ¼ of the third quarter left each team will probably go with the third team, which would mean the Patriots go with Rohan Davey and the Redskins going with Gibran Hamdan, who was selected by the Redskins in the seventh round of this year’s NFL entry draft. Davey looked solid in the first pre-season game of the year with some good passes, but that misplaced hand-off may have razed a few eyebrows. Gibran Hamdan only completed 51% of his passes last year with the Indiana Hoosiers. He is also not that much of a mobile quarter “gaining” –52 yards last year on 55 attempts. With all that said it is pretty safe to say that New England’s third team will win the battle against Washington’s third team.

The forth string quarterbacks will probably play about 6 or 7 minutes of the game. Kliff Kingsbury looked quite average in the first pre-season game, overthrowing a few receivers, Kingsbury will be fighting for a roster spot so look for him to be trying the hardest of everyone on the field. He looks to rebound from his last game and make an impression on Bill Belichick. For the other team the forth string quarterback will be Brad Banks who was a contender for the Heisman Trophy, but went un-drafted in this years NFL Entry Draft. Brad Banks had proven himself in college and will also be fighting for a roster spot. He had steady numbers and I think he will accomplish more than Kingsbury. I regret to inform you but I think that Washington’s forth team will out-perform New England’s forth team.

The Patriots will get the edge from their receiving corps and rushing game. The Redskins’ running back is Trung Canidate who backed up Marshall Faulk last year when he was with the Rams. He looked good with minimum action in St. Louis, but I don’t think he can perform up to Smith and Faulk’s level.

Now with everything said I have finally come up with a prediction that makes sense. I am guessing the score of this game is:
Patriots 35
Redskins 30

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:56 pm

Well thanks for dropping by with that.

Unfortunately, your research missed a few things like...

Danny Wuerffel is now the 3rd quarterback which makes Gibran Hamdan the 4th stringer. Brad Banks was cut last week.

My prediction (without any massive amounts of research) is that the Redskins will beat the Pats 214-213 in the biggest shootout in preseason history. Danny Wuerffel will throw for over 1600 yards in one quarter alone! Lavar Arrington will also switch to RB in the 4th quarter and score 6 TD's on the ground.

And then for the final play of the game.... I myself will go out and kick the winning field goal.

... it could happen... right after a pig flies past me on it's way to a frozen hell.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Bleed BLue » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:00 pm

Sorry about the outdated information.

That reply was hillarious.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:02 pm

.. no need to apologize at all. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

And what do you mean my reply was hilarious... I was dead serious you know :-)

Postby Bleed BLue » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:04 pm

And I am serious about the Texans and Cardinals squaring off in the Superbowl.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:10 pm

LOL!!!!!!For real????
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Postby Bleed BLue » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:14 pm

Yep and then next year the superbowl will be held in Mars.

New prediction with updated information

Postby Bleed BLue » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:36 pm

After doing a massive amount of research I think I finally have come up with a score.

The game will be a close one. With Tom Brady and Patrick Ramsey going head to head for most of the first quarter. Drive after Drive both teams will rack up the scoreboard, despite the fact that each team has a fairly good defense, but I am sorry to say the Redskins first team wins this one.

Midway through the second quarter things will start to slow down. Each team will probably have their back-ups in by now, for the Patriots that would be Damon Huard and for the Redskins it would be Rob Johnson, and this is the time where kickers will be needed most as both second team offenses will not have the skill to get the six points as the first team would. With all the sacks that Johnson takes and with a not so skilled offensive line I say that the Patriots second team wins this battle.

With about a ¼ of the third quarter left each team will probably go with the third team, which would mean the Patriots go with Rohan Davey and the Redskins going with Danny Wuerffel. Danny Wuerffel has failed to become a consistent quarterback and with Davey showing signs of a quality back-up it is safe to say that the Patriots third team will win the battle.

The forth string quarterbacks will probably play about 6 or 7 minutes of the game. Kliff Kingsbury looked quite average in the first pre-season game, overthrowing a few receivers, Kingsbury will be fighting for a roster spot so look for him to be trying the hardest of everyone on the field. He looks to rebound from his last game and make an impression on Bill Belichick. For the other team the forth string quarterback will be Gibran Hamdan. Gibran Hamdan only completed 51% of his passes last year with the Indiana Hoosiers. He is also not that much of a mobile quarter “gaining” –52 yards last year on 55 attempts. With all this said I think New England’s forth team will have the edge over the Redskins’ forth team.

The Patriots will get the edge from their receiving corps and rushing game. The Redskins’ running back is Trung Canidate who backed up Marshall Faulk last year when he was with the Rams. He looked good with minimum action in St. Louis, but I don’t think he can perform up to Smith and Faulk’s level.

Now with everything said I have finally come up with a prediction that makes sense. I am guessing the score of this game is:

Patriots 35
Redskins 30

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:19 pm

So let me get this straight... with an immobile, inexperienced Hamdan in as the 3rd QB we take the match up but with Wuerffel... you switch to the Pats.

Got one word for ya.... HOMER.

I was skeptical about your Cards/Texans prediction but considering the stunning insight on the Pats / Skins prediction... you must be right.

I'm booking my flight to Mars. :twisted:

HTTR

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football