Attention Caps Fans

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 pm

JansenFan wrote:There's nothing more uncomfortable than telling a 5 year old, "well, that is a special type of vacuum that sucks the feathers off of roosters." :shock:

My ex-wife called me that special vacuum before. I'd hate to be the azzhole who insults 'chickens' and kids overhear it.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:19 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
JansenFan wrote:There's nothing more uncomfortable than telling a 5 year old, "well, that is a special type of vacuum that sucks the feathers off of roosters." :shock:

My ex-wife called me that special vacuum before. I'd hate to be the azzhole who insults 'chickens' and kids overhear it.

Or the "Dad, why are you talking about cats at a hockey game?" question.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:27 pm

I'll keep all that in mind if we go through on Friday!! I almost got kicked out of a Wizards VS. Nuggets game last year because I was calling the Nugget players all kinds of stuff. (I think I even invented some curse words) I'm just going by what my cousin told me because I'm like Oliver North when it comes to that night. (I can not recall) As a matter of fact, I think 'Gin' was my buddy that night and he managed to get into my system. LOL Friday I'll drink beers so instead of acting like an azz, I'll just go the bathroom alot.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:54 am

Steve Spurrier III wrote:Was there any talk of keeping the "flying eagle" as part of the new uniform? Even though I think the new uniforms are an upgrade, but why not hold onto a part of Capitals history that delivered the franchise's only Eastern Conference crown?

What has been the team's reaction to the new uniform system? If the players were incredibly displeased with Reebok's product, would the franchise consider trying to go back to the old style?

SS III, if you haven't listened to the show this week... Scott talked to owner Ted Leonsis, so he asked him your question.

:up:

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:48 am

That's unbelievable. Do we live in a great world or what?

As far as Ted's actual answer - I'm not surprised it was focus-group driven. That's the way things are done now. Still, even though I might have done some of the small things differently, you have to love the new uniforms. To be honest, it was the uniform switch that really got me re-interested in the Capitals - I really, really hated those black jerseys.

Also - I think the podcasts are great. I have to confess, I don't listen to any of the Redskin material, partly because I don't really feel like I have anything to learn (that may not be true, but it's how my arrogant mind works), and partly because there is already so much Redskins material out there.

But hockey isn't my forte, so the podcast is perfect, especially since Capitals coverage is so hard to come by. I love the layout (reviewing the week's games, scanning the competition, a look at Hershey), and getting a lengthy, candid interview with the team's majority owner is just icing.

It's a great product. Thanks a lot guys.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:05 am

Steve Spurrier III wrote:That's unbelievable. Do we live in a great world or what?

Do you mean because we were able to actually get your answer straight from the owner himself?

We think it's great too... and as I said on the show, it's being entrusted with that level of access that makes us excited about doing the shows - it's certainly a very far cry from Redskin land... anyone want to postulate on how long it'd take me to get 5 minutes with Dan snyder?

ROTFALMAO

Ah good times, good times... if you all only knew how funny that was....

As far as Ted's actual answer - I'm not surprised it was focus-group driven. That's the way things are done now. Still, even though I might have done some of the small things differently, you have to love the new uniforms. To be honest, it was the uniform switch that really got me re-interested in the Capitals - I really, really hated those black jerseys.

As an impartial observer, I will say that I think the new unis are outstanding.

Also - I think the podcasts are great. I have to confess, I don't listen to any of the Redskin material, partly because I don't really feel like I have anything to learn (that may not be true, but it's how my arrogant mind works), and partly because there is already so much Redskins material out there.

But hockey isn't my forte, so the podcast is perfect, especially since Capitals coverage is so hard to come by. I love the layout (reviewing the week's games, scanning the competition, a look at Hershey), and getting a lengthy, candid interview with the team's majority owner is just icing.

It's a great product. Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks... we're still playing around a bit with format and structure, but you hit all the high notes... we wanted to try and put something together that was somewhat timely but also 'wrapped up the week' for the Caps as well. Scott and I are also still trying to wrap our heads around guests and profiles because we're just not used to being able to speak to whomever we would like yet... and obviously when the team's owner is willing to do the show... there are no limits to who we can go after. We're bound a bit by geography and lack of free time, but we're workng through those things to come up with what we hope will be an interesting product for Capitals' fans.

Kind words are always appreciated, so thanks - and we look forward to bringing you many more and hope that you will all chip in your ideas for the show.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:19 am

A suggestion, Boss. Can you do a "who are these guys?" piece?

Some of us are long-time Caps fans who closed their eyes during the rebuilding years. It was painful to see all the players I knew disappear ...including players, like Peter Bondra, who was a long time favorite.

(And the lockout didn't help continuity either)

When I watched a recent game with the Rangers, I kept asking myself, who does Sam Rosen mean? Cap or a Ranger? (Aside from thinking how I missed hearing John Davidson with Sam...)

Return to Washington Sports Teams