My 2008 Redskins Mock draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

My 2008 Redskins Mock draft

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:50 pm

1) round -24th pick-Derrick Harvey(Florida)(DE)

-We for a couple years now have refused to draft a DE in the draft and instead over pay old age DE like Daniels to just be here for a couple years and don't turn out as hot as we hoped.But this year Danny has a new face in the draft and this year we will draft the second best avalable DE in the draft-
Fast-Explosive-and a tackling machine.


2) Round Frank Okam-DT(Texas)

-A.Mongomery is imporivng but is still not the answer.Okam is prior to be a first round pick but this year there isn't alot of teams in need of a DT and if lucky in the second round we should get a DT like him.Hes size is what we need in the 4-3 D and could create pressure if on a 1-1 match with the C or tacklers.


3-Dustin Killer (TE)Purdue

-It might come to shock in why we need a TE in the 3rd round and I'll tell you why.Chris Cooley is a great TE but with the injured OL he has to be on blocking assignment and hes not to good in doing that.The skins need to bring in this stud Blocker to help the OL create runs and bring less pressure ,so that JC can trow open to his WR's including Killer.


4-Chris Micduffie-OG(Clemson)

-We should get a rookie OG to adress on the OL depth so that if Randy Thomas gets injured or Kedell than this guy should fit in will.Heyer will be good enough at the Tackling postion if Jansen or Samuels gets injured but we should look into the OG position.


5-Jack Williams -CB-(Kent.Sta )(Edit) I changed my mind


-Springs will be gone by this year and we could be left with Rogers and Smoot.This guy is pretty quick and might improve in the secondary.


6-T.C outstrander-(QB)-Stanford


-Don't worry he won't take JC spot but Brunell is retiring after this year and Collins might also so we should draft a young QB like this who could probably save us one day if JC gets injured.



7-Anthony Hoke/OLB)

-Nothing Special but he does create good pressuruing when he could.



Note:Reason I didn't want to add a WR is because the skins are going to adress that trough free agency by getting a AVG WR or maybe Fits or Chad Johnson .
Last edited by por-tiz2skins on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 pm
Location: North Carolina

Postby lowtharofthehill » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:32 pm

and where are these imaginary picks comming from?

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Please please please no Glen Sharpe. As a Miami fan I've watched him suck for the last 4 years. I don't want to have to continue watching him get burned for the Skins.

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: My 2008 Mock draft

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:43 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:5-Glen Sharp -CB-(Miami FL)


-Springs will be gone by this year and we could be left with Rogers and Smoot.This guy might not be the best out there but I have been watching him play and he does good in the coverage in the secondary.


You're envisioning a rookie 5th round pick to replace Springs?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Italy

Postby everydayAskinsday » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:56 pm

hahaha.. I knew who started this thread before I even opened it.. we are 8 weeks into the season .. and about the same through the college season.. lets wait just a bit .. I will be shocked if we even draft one of these guys.. who knows whats gonna happen

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16064
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:09 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:hahaha.. I knew who started this thread before I even opened it.. we are 8 weeks into the season .. and about the same through the college season.. lets wait just a bit .. I will be shocked if we even draft one of these guys.. who knows whats gonna happen
Not to mention that we won't even have a 4th round pick because of the Kendall trade. How ridiculous is it to start looking forward to the 2008 draft, when we aren't even halfway through the 2007 season? We also have no idea where we will finish, and therefor, our draft position. Just when I think threads can't get any more useless, somebody sets a new standard.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Think we can all agree that "Danny Boy" will probably give all our dag gone picks away.

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16064
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:58 pm

ImageWorst thread ever!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Re: My 2008 Mock draft

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:07 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:5-Glen Sharp -CB-(Miami FL)


-Springs will be gone by this year and we could be left with Rogers and Smoot.This guy might not be the best out there but I have been watching him play and he does good in the coverage in the secondary.


You're envisioning a rookie 5th round pick to replace Springs?
Just there for coverage and stuff but if you guys know some one who is in the CB position that will most likely fall at 5th than tell me.

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:08 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:hahaha.. I knew who started this thread before I even opened it.. we are 8 weeks into the season .. and about the same through the college season.. lets wait just a bit .. I will be shocked if we even draft one of these guys.. who knows whats gonna happen
Not to mention that we won't even have a 4th round pick because of the Kendall trade. How ridiculous is it to start looking forward to the 2008 draft, when we aren't even halfway through the 2007 season? We also have no idea where we will finish, and therefor, our draft position. Just when I think threads can't get any more useless, somebody sets a new standard.
We traded Kendell for the 09 draft.

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: My 2008 Mock draft

Postby 1niksder » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:10 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:5-Glen Sharp -CB-(Miami FL)


-Springs will be gone by this year and we could be left with Rogers and Smoot.This guy might not be the best out there but I have been watching him play and he does good in the coverage in the secondary.


You're envisioning a rookie 5th round pick to replace Springs?

That will work great with the kid from valley High that's replacing Rogers
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Re: My 2008 Mock draft

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:18 pm

1niksder wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:5-Glen Sharp -CB-(Miami FL)


-Springs will be gone by this year and we could be left with Rogers and Smoot.This guy might not be the best out there but I have been watching him play and he does good in the coverage in the secondary.


You're envisioning a rookie 5th round pick to replace Springs?

That will work great with the kid from valley High that's replacing Rogers
I mean I know a couple free agents next year.

Dominique Foxwort
Quentin Jammer
They all will come cheap so instead we should just draft-get a new WR like Fits or Chad(I say alot) and get one of them instead of 2 high price guys like Samuels and Hall
,

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Right where I want to be...

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:19 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:hahaha.. I knew who started this thread before I even opened it.. we are 8 weeks into the season .. and about the same through the college season.. lets wait just a bit .. I will be shocked if we even draft one of these guys.. who knows whats gonna happen
Not to mention that we won't even have a 4th round pick because of the Kendall trade. How ridiculous is it to start looking forward to the 2008 draft, when we aren't even halfway through the 2007 season? We also have no idea where we will finish, and therefor, our draft position. Just when I think threads can't get any more useless, somebody sets a new standard.
We traded Kendell for the 09 draft.


Should Kendall be on the field for at least 80 percent of Washington's offensive plays this season, the Redskins will send a 2009 fourth-round pick to the Jets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Otherwise, the Jets will get Washington's 2008 fifth-round pick; the Redskins do not have a fourth-round selection in that draft


You are partially correct. Its still waaayyyyy too early in the season to even think of next years draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/23/AR2007082302298.html

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Secondary_Chaos wrote:
por-tiz2skins wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:hahaha.. I knew who started this thread before I even opened it.. we are 8 weeks into the season .. and about the same through the college season.. lets wait just a bit .. I will be shocked if we even draft one of these guys.. who knows whats gonna happen
Not to mention that we won't even have a 4th round pick because of the Kendall trade. How ridiculous is it to start looking forward to the 2008 draft, when we aren't even halfway through the 2007 season? We also have no idea where we will finish, and therefor, our draft position. Just when I think threads can't get any more useless, somebody sets a new standard.
We traded Kendell for the 09 draft.


Should Kendall be on the field for at least 80 percent of Washington's offensive plays this season, the Redskins will send a 2009 fourth-round pick to the Jets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Otherwise, the Jets will get Washington's 2008 fifth-round pick; the Redskins do not have a fourth-round selection in that draft


You are partially correct. Its still waaayyyyy too early in the season to even think of next years draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/23/AR2007082302298.html

Ya,but I just like predicting who will draft.

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:35 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:hahaha.. I knew who started this thread before I even opened it.. we are 8 weeks into the season .. and about the same through the college season.. lets wait just a bit .. I will be shocked if we even draft one of these guys.. who knows whats gonna happen
Not to mention that we won't even have a 4th round pick because of the Kendall trade. How ridiculous is it to start looking forward to the 2008 draft, when we aren't even halfway through the 2007 season? We also have no idea where we will finish, and therefor, our draft position. Just when I think threads can't get any more useless, somebody sets a new standard.
We traded Kendell for the 09 draft.


The Jets will receive a fifth-round pick in 2008 if Kendall plays 80 percent of the snaps this year; if he plays more than that, the pick would be upgraded to a fourth-rounder in 2009. Until this year is over we won't know what he cost us.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to General Manager's Office