Capitals Recall Left Wing Chris Bourque

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
swine

Postby SkinMeAlive » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:22 am

BossHog wrote:Personally, I think putting Bourque on the top line is a mistake. I've watched the Leafs try and 'balance out lines' for years - it doesn't work - not in the 'new NHL'.

Put your guns with your guns and bang... sure you're going to mix things up for chemistry... but when a player got cut a month ago, he hasn't earned the right, nor shown the [propensity, to do what it takes to be a front line player.

Didn't work with Tomas Fleischmann did it? Eventually it just became apparent that regardless of his particular skill SET, he doesn't (yet) have ample skills to play 20-25 minutes a night and in all the key situations.

I personally think that a young guy trying to EARN playing time will make better progress than one just handed the keys to the shiny new Cadillac. If you want to give him more chances to be successful offensively, then stick him on one of the PP units and give him a taste.

My 2 cents

You make excellent points. I think right now the Capitals are looking for any scoring combination that stays healthy. I wouldn't say I agree with that philosophy. Outwardly, it just appears as though the Caps are grasping at straws with all of the injuries.

I see you've 'spoken' with Ted Leonsis on a prior podcast.
Maybe this is a good question for your next podcast.
Voltaire (1694-1778) "This is no time to make new enemies." (When asked on his deathbed to foreswear Satan.)

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:35 am

BossHog wrote:Personally, I think putting Bourque on the top line is a mistake. I've watched the Leafs try and 'balance out lines' for years - it doesn't work - not in the 'new NHL'.

Put your guns with your guns and bang... sure you're going to mix things up for chemistry... but when a player got cut a month ago, he hasn't earned the right, nor shown the [propensity, to do what it takes to be a front line player.

I like this idea, but aren't the Caps a little short on guns right now?
Maybe that's part of the problem. You'd have to have Ovie, Nylander and Kozlov on the Scoring 1 line right now to have the guns with the guns.
The Caps are missing Clark, Semin, Poti and production from everyone else.
My 2 cents

The Sens, on the other hand, as luck would have it the Caps next opponent, are on a tear. :evil:

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:36 am

Quick correction. Poti played against Atlanta.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:48 am

JansenFan wrote:Quick correction. Poti played against Atlanta.

:oops: I guess I missed that. Good to know he's back.

Return to Washington Sports Teams