Sean Taylor Shot, In Critical Condition

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm guessing Wilbon and Kornheiser will say something at halftime on PTI.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:08 pm

JSPB22 wrote:I'm guessing Wilbon and Kornheiser will say something at halftime on PTI.

Not sure I even care to hear what those two have to say on the subject.

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:10 pm

Redskins913 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Redskins913 wrote:
admin wrote:
Redskins913 wrote:I heard this at another forum. I heard she was part of the plan.

Where?

I use this forum. And from that forum a Cowboys fan was saying that a Cowboys forum was reporting that Sean Taylor girlfriend was part of the plan. It may not be true. But who knows?

What forum ?
Their are reports from Comcast saying that as well .

Not on the comcast I watch [-X

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:11 pm

first I've heard of this.

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:11 pm

JSPB22 wrote:I'm guessing Wilbon and Kornheiser will say something at halftime on PTI.

Thise two will spin it to make it look like it was Sean's fault.

They are two jackasses.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Thought this was cool...

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys strong safety Roy Williams and the Washington Redskins' Sean Taylor are considered by many the NFL's two hardest-hitting safeties. They might be NFC East rivals, but Williams became friends with Taylor when the two represented their conference in the Pro Bowl.

Williams was saddened Monday afternoon to hear reports of Taylor listed in critical condition following surgery for a gunshot wound to his upper leg suffered early that morning at his Miami home.

According to published reports, police are investigating the incident as a possible armed robbery.

"It's tragic," Williams said. "We're friends, we're associates. I know him. It's just sad that it happened to him. He's a good dude. I got to meet with him and hang out with him at the Pro Bowl. I hope him the best, and his family."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?i ... 4894174439

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Redskins S Sean Taylor is currently in a responsive state. He is considered to be in stable but still critical condition.
This is the first good news of the day concerning Taylor's status. VP of Football Operations Vinny Cerrato said those at the hospital were told to wait and "hope for a miracle," and that when Taylor was able to squeeze his hand, doctors "were very happy about that." ESPN's Chris Mortensen says owner Daniel Snyder is "cautiously optimistic" about Taylor's condition.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 298&spln=1

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Get better ST. I dont even care if you play football for us anymore. Just get through this man. You are one of the few Redskins who always played with a winners attitude. God bless you and your family.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:35 pm

Charm City Sports wrote:Not on the comcast I watch [-X

Before we start a comedy of tragic errors, I am not sure that the post did not mean to say:

She was on the PLAN to revive him and make him conscious once AGAIN. And not the misunderstanding that appears to be created by the misuse of the word PLAN during an armed robbery. Poor use of words maybe. Let's not fuel an unfounded rumour. That is the least thing we should do. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:37 pm

Finally getting to post. Been following the news at work, like a lot of you, since early this morning. First of all, and most importantly, the thoughts of prayers of this house are with Sean Taylor. His recovery from this tragic event is foremost on our minds, as well as on the minds of the many Skins Fans I know in this area.

Wilbon? What can you expect? He has repeatedly said that he is not a Redskins Fan. He is a die hard Bears fan. Like Fios said, what infuriates me is that he said that contrary to what everyone has said lately about ST turning his life around, he refuses to believe it nd stating that it is just Redskins PR BS trying to create a cover-up, by their spin doctors. Unless he can produce some facts, then I say that his statement is outrageous, arrogant, inappropriate, disrespectful, tasteless, ill timed, and totally uncaring. Come on Wilbon, the man's life was in danger. Show some heart. Or maybe you just don't have one for anyone who is not from Chicago.

PS - I've been following this thread since it started while at work, and there was one post at the beginning that just burned me up. Oops, I'm sorry, I remember now that we were told to take those comments to Smack. Sorry. I couldn't get there from work at the time.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Did anyone else just catch that?

On MNF, ESPN broke in with their 30-on-30 news updates and said Sean was still in critical condition but was showing signs of progress.

Then said... "A team spokesman reported that this was a 'deliberate attack'."

Take that for what it's worth. I'm really just concerned about Sean at this point.
Last edited by SkinsFreak on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

piggie

Postby please_remain_calm » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Latest from the Post...

Sean's Status Unchanged

As of this minute, all is still the same, in critical condition. Sean has not yet opened his eyes, according to lawyer Richard Sharpstein, but was responsive to stimuli. The doctors continue to monitor him closely, checking vital signs and signs of responsiveness and hoping that this is the first of many milestones to come.

I'll be up checking in for info through the night, so if I hear anything I'll post it ASAP.

Cheers.

Hoping to wake up in the morning to the good news he is up and talking.
Hail! Hail! The Celts are here!

HAIL to the REDSKINS!

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Sean's Status Unchanged

As of this minute, all is still the same, in critical condition. Sean has not yet opened his eyes, according to lawyer Richard Sharpstein, but was responsive to stimuli. The doctors continue to monitor him closely, checking vital signs and signs of responsiveness and hoping that this is the first of many milestones to come.

I'll be up checking in for info through the night, so if I hear anything I'll post it ASAP.

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora | November 26, 2007; 9:08 PM ET

ST's status unchanged as of 9:08 PM.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:01 pm

Whatever...Rolling Eyes I'm quite sure the authorities will get to the bottom of this in due time.

Hopefully they find whoever did this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sean Taylor showing good signs

I just got home from Jackson Memorial Hospital and the Ryder Trauma Center where I spoke with family and friends of former Hurricanes safety Sean Taylor, who was shot early Monday morning at his home in Palmetto Bay by intruders.

His father, Pete Taylor, said around 7:30 p.m. tonight that his son is showing good signs, responding to doctors who were asking him to squeeze his hand. He's also moving parts of his face. This is great, great news for Taylor, who was listed in critical condition this afternoon after losing a lot of blood when the artery near his groin was severed.

The fear has been that Taylor lost so much blood it would affect his brain. I'm not a doctor and nor will I pretend to be. But from my conversations with his family today and from what they were hearing from doctors, Taylor was in serious trouble. Several sources told me it did affect his brain. To what extent, we won't know until doctors release that information. I spoke to Taylor's cousin, Anthony Leon Sr. and Anthony Leon Jr., a safety at Florida State as well as his cousin Emory Williams, a defensive tackle who played at Gulliver Prep in 2004 (CHECK OUT SOME AUDIO IN OUR UM AUDIO SECTION). All of them we're pretty worried about Sean and said they were told this would be "a long road back to recovery." But they say Sean is a fighter and will pull through this.

There were dozens of family members and friends at the hospital waiting downstairs for any news including the parents of former Hurricane Antrel Rolle, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, agent Drew Rosenhaus and running back Clinton Portis. Taylor's family said they are greatful for all of the support they are receiving as well as the well wishes.

The more troubling issue for me in all this, is that it is apparent there may have been warning signs this was coming. According to our Herald reporters and police records, someone also broke into Taylor's house between 7 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17 and midnight Sunday Nov. 18, by prying open a front window. No one was home at the time. The burglar entered several rooms in the house, rifled through drawers, and a safe in Taylor's bedroom. The police report says it was ''unknown'' whether anything was taken. In that incident, someone left a kitchen knife on a bed in Taylor's house, according to the police report.

I'm no detective, but those are signs this may have been an attack and not just a robbery. We'll have to wait until Taylor recovers and is able to tell police who his attackers were, if he can remember and if he can describe them. Hopefully, the police will not let this case slip through its fingers the way Bryan Pata's murders remain at large.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/

Hog

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:05 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:Did anyone else just catch that?

On MNF, ESPN broke in with their 30-on-30 news updates and said Sean was still in critical condition but was showing signs of progress.

Then said... "A team spokesman reported that this was a 'deliberate attack'."

Take that for what it's worth. I'm really just concerned about Sean at this point.

Well, I read on foxsports that no one was at home at the time of the break-in last week, but that the intruder broke in through a window, and went through the kitchen drawers... it then said that police found a kitchen knife on the bed... to me, it almost seems that whoever broke in last week is linked to this most recent shooting... fact is, were they (whoever it was, if linked) sending Taylor a message by leaving a knife in his bed??? also, according to reports of the most recent break-in & shooting, ST's g/f said they were in bed, and heard a noise, and that ST got up, grabbed his machete, and walked towards the door to check on the noise... it then said the door was kicked-in/knocked-down i believe, and that is when two shots were fired, one hitting ST... if this is the case, that would lead me to believe that as soon as the person broke-in (which would have been the noise that ST and his g/f heard), they went straight to his bedroom, and almost seems that their sole intention was to shoot him... that is my take on the news that we have been provided with so far...
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute