With taylor sad death ,what will we do for a new safety?

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:23 am

Regarding Portiz talking about the safety position, I don't see what's wrong with it. ST is my favorite player, he's the greatest safety to play since Ronnie Lott but this must be addressed. The Skins organization has to look into it now so why can't we comment on it? As a guy who used curse words outside of smack, a couple mods have pm'd me and I really do try to watch what I type; so that's between them and him, not my concern.

I don't agree with everthing he said though. We have good safeties, none of them will EVER be ST but I believe that position will be ok. I heard on 980 this morning that Landry can move over to the other safety spot and Doughty could take Landry's spot. We have 5 games left for them to experiment with it and they'll tool it over the offseason. As for draft picks and free agency, yep, its waaaaaay too early to even get into it. Lets not get into a frenzy about people who comment on the safety position outside the organization, they don't know what we fans are feeling so lets not get too upset over it.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:01 pm

I guess you can put me on that blackballed list as wel, because I was talking about this already with some other skins fans. I see NOTHING wrong with wondering how the TEAM we support, know, and love, is going to move on from this awful tragedy. For anyone else to be so close-minded as to ridecule anyone else for not wallowing in sorrow and thinking (as the BUSINESS SIDE OF THE REDSKINS MUST) about how to cover down on this situation. There are TWO, count 'em, TWO games in the next EIGHT days that have to be planned for, and we've speculated on everything else the Redskins organization has done. Why must you ridecule someone who is doing it now? You think the minority such as Portiz and myself have no compassion? Get over yourselves.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Folks, this is not something worth getting angry about.
RIP Sean Taylor

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:12 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:I guess you can put me on that blackballed list as wel, because I was talking about this already with some other skins fans. I see NOTHING wrong with wondering how the TEAM we support, know, and love, is going to move on from this awful tragedy. For anyone else to be so close-minded as to ridecule anyone else for not wallowing in sorrow and thinking (as the BUSINESS SIDE OF THE REDSKINS MUST) about how to cover down on this situation. There are TWO, count 'em, TWO games in the next EIGHT days that have to be planned for, and we've speculated on everything else the Redskins organization has done. Why must you ridecule someone who is doing it now? You think the minority such as Portiz and myself have no compassion? Get over yourselves.

They are re-signing WR Jimmy Farris, releasing OL Kevin Sampson and activating LB Matt Sinclair from the practice squad.

No Saftey is being added considering Sean was inactive at the time of his death, his spot had been filled.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:49 pm

Geez, what did I miss? They are re-signing Farris and tooling the linebacker corp? Is Washington nicked up again? Like I said previously, I think we're ok at safety (as evident by them not signing anyone) but I don't understand those other two.. :-k

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:00 am

This is another reason why this situation is so paralyzing...

From a pure football standpoint...Sean Taylor cannot be replaced. If you want to know how we'll fair without him, look at the game in dallas....that game showed us just how much we need Sean Taylor. T.O. (whom I believe should be investigated) simply ran up the middle of the field where ST would normally stand. The routes t.o. ran that day we're designed specifically to exploit our missing safety. I can only see this continue-ing to happen specifically against New York and Dallas. I don't think we can replace him and I don't think we can come close. Landry is good but come on, and no one else comes close. ST was the focal point of our defensive scheme, he made everything else work. Without him we have no chance and will have no chance for the next decade, so to all my fellow Redskins fans when those killers took Sean they took our team's chances with'em I'm sorry to say.
HAIL

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:57 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:This is another reason why this situation is so paralyzing...

From a pure football standpoint...Sean Taylor cannot be replaced. If you want to know how we'll fair without him, look at the game in dallas....that game showed us just how much we need Sean Taylor. T.O. (whom I believe should be investigated) simply ran up the middle of the field where ST would normally stand. The routes t.o. ran that day we're designed specifically to exploit our missing safety. I can only see this continue-ing to happen specifically against New York and Dallas. I don't think we can replace him and I don't think we can come close. Landry is good but come on, and no one else comes close. ST was the focal point of our defensive scheme, he made everything else work. Without him we have no chance and will have no chance for the next decade, so to all my fellow Redskins fans when those killers took Sean they took our team's chances with'em I'm sorry to say.

Ridiculous.

Investigate T.O? Come on... that's not only tasteless, it's inappropriate.

No chance for the next decade? Assinine. It's a team sport, as great as Sean was, if you've got a team that is so 'lost' without ONE guy, you weren't going anywhere anyway.

I respect that people are grieving, I respect that people loved Sean Taylor, but you have to move on as a franchise... and if this effects the Redskins for a 'decade', then they're not a very well run football franchise.

ST was a stupendous player, but he was ONE man... and it takes 53 men to have a successful football team. We can't replace him over night, (we will never TRULY replace him), but that doesn't mean that as a team, they will never realize any success.

Giving up solves nothing.

Sean wouldn't want it, and the players in that dressing room will hopefully use that as a motivating factor to bring EVERYTHING they've got each and every week.

My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:06 am

As usual, the blunt voice of reason and intelligence. Thanks once again BH!!

HTTR
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:09 am

Boss I like your 2cents, makes sense to me. I was actually gonna ask him what he meant by investigate T.O. I really hope he isn't referring to Sean's murder?!?! Gibbs4Life, we all know that ST was the best safety in the league and we happened to grab him fresh out of the "U". However, if ST was in that game vs. Dallas, do you think they wouldn't have gone after another defensive player? They'd go away from him sure and maybe take 1 or 2 attempts in his direction but to say w/out him we're doomed is crazy. Boss pretty much summed up what I was gonna say and believe me, there will always be hope for our guys because they have us supporting them and we'll never switch. Don't give up on them man, giving up on them is pretty much saying you don't believe. By the way, wasn't that Doughty's first game taking Sean's spot? I actually think Doughty's improving and I'm more than willing to give anyone a chance because we all know ST can't be replaced. That's just my My 2 cents

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:18 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I was actually gonna ask him what he meant by investigate T.O. I really hope he isn't referring to Sean's murder?!?!

I read it he meant for ST's injury, not murder. Not that it's still not an irrational suggestion for so many reasons that are too obvious to bother to list.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:40 am

[quote="KazooSkinsFan"][quote="langleyparkjoe"]I was actually gonna ask him what he meant by investigate T.O. I really hope he isn't referring to Sean's murder?!?![/quote]
I read it he meant for ST's injury, not murder. Not that it's still not an irrational suggestion for so many reasons that are too obvious to bother to list.[/quote]

I took it as investigating him for illegal drugs or something due to his physical condition. I am not saying that we should do that, but htat is what i thought the guy was saying.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:17 am

Mississippi Hog wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:I was actually gonna ask him what he meant by investigate T.O. I really hope he isn't referring to Sean's murder?!?!

I read it he meant for ST's injury, not murder. Not that it's still not an irrational suggestion for so many reasons that are too obvious to bother to list.

I took it as investigating him for illegal drugs or something due to his physical condition. I am not saying that we should do that, but htat is what i thought the guy was saying.

That's how i read it as well. That same thought crossed my mind a few times tonight while watching the Dallas-Packers game.
Suck and Luck

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute