Sean Taylor Greatest Safety ever!

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:28 pm

GSPODS wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:
GSPODS wrote:Ronnie Lott
Steve Atwater
Alvin Walton
Dick Lane
Ken Houston
Paul Krause
Larry Wilson
Willie Wood

Should I continue?

Rod Woodson

Woodson spent part of his career as a cornerback but I still wouldn't argue him being included.

Woodson was a standout corner as part of the Steelers. Unfortunatley he tore his ACL thanks to Barry Sanders. He turned out to be a pretty good safety as well.

Even so, Sean Taylor was more talented than all those guys mentioned above. He certainly could have been the greatest had he played a full career.

As it stands. I say Ronnie Lott is the greatest safety I have ever seen. Dick night train Lane comes in second on my ballott.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:54 am

sch1977 wrote:I think a fair statement would be " He could have been the greatest", unfortunatley we will never know

If you have to put a bet on the current safeties playing around the league, a bet on who's going to be great... Meast was the safest Bet.
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 am

SKINFAN wrote:
sch1977 wrote:I think a fair statement would be " He could have been the greatest", unfortunatley we will never know

If you have to put a bet on the current safeties playing around the league, a bet on who's going to be great... Meast was the safest Bet.

Absolutely agreed. He was just getting to a point where he was about to redefine the standard for Free Safety.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute