Sean Taylor....... Ring of Fame?

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:02 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:They also said the 'Skins are dedicating this game to Sean, want to play like he did, and are going to take it to the Bills today to win the game for him.

Yeah they sure played like they cared about him today.

pathetic post. I'm surprised they played as well as they did. Thursday won't be much better.

Folks around here need a hefty dose of humanity.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:29 pm

JSPB22 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I would put him in, no doubt.

As I posted earlier in this thread, he's already there.

It's not yet.

What was there was "21 Sean Taylor" with a black ribbon on each side taking the place of a lit up advertisment.

I assume and hope he will be put in the Ring of Fame prior to the first home game of next season.
Last edited by Jake on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:30 pm

Countertrey wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
JSPB22 wrote:They also said the 'Skins are dedicating this game to Sean, want to play like he did, and are going to take it to the Bills today to win the game for him.

pathetic post. I'm surprised they played as well as they did. Thursday won't be much better.

preach on brother, preach on!
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Countertrey wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

Unfortunately, they will only learn if and when the PAIN of losing somebody hits close at home. Too late in this case.

I saw Clinton Portis cry hard at the end of the game. I saw Joe as decomposed as he has ever been and some of these people come to tell us that they did not get their candy today, they were not entertained sufficiently today, they were not given a win.

The word HUMANITY is too imcomprehensible for them CT, way too much.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:34 pm

This Game showed what heart is, they played thru a very difficult, and emotional time. I really wish they won, but this is all the offense can muster. the Defense played their hearts out, not allowing a TD. CP tried what he can, but the line couldn't break him free. I did not see the game, I was on the NFL network watching the play by play. But this is nothing new, the offense always bog down at the redzone, can't get a rythmn etc. etc. This team was emotionally spent coming into this game, the coaches should've done a better job in managing the game, I see this week in week out. A change is needed, We have spent all season waiting to be surprised with the final product of this year, but I'm afraid we are looking at it. This team (offense) is not working, either change personnel, change philosophy, or change coaches... Something needs to be changed.
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:40 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

Unfortunately, they will only learn if and when the PAIN of losing somebody hits close at home. Too late in this case.

I saw Clinton Portis cry hard at the end of the game. I saw Joe as decomposed as he has ever been and some of these people come to tell us that they did not get their candy today, they were not entertained sufficiently today, they were not given a win.

word up brother. i was happy to see clinton today. i was happy to see joe today.

today, this is what i am thankful for, and for those that can't appreciate that, i pity you.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

Judge me not, since you have no idea what I've been through. When 19, my best friend was murdered in his house. I've been through something quite similar.

What my post meant is simply this.

If the Redskins came out inspired, or totally uninspired, than that'd be completely acceptable.

However, they came out and played exactly as they have been playing all year. I.e., they played down to the level of their opponent, and lost a game they were winning.

I really can't see how they can say they played for Sean Taylor when their effort level wasn't any different (more effort or less effort, it doesn't matter) than it was when he was alive.

I didn't care if we won or lost this game today. To me, it's just a game, and in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

But to say you're going to dedicate your play in the game to your fallen friend and comrade, and then play like you don't care? Please. That's what makes me sick.

You read way too much into my one line post if you think I believe any of your specious drivel I highlighted.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:26 pm

But to say you're going to dedicate your play in the game to your fallen friend and comrade, and then play like you don't care?

If Fred Smoot played every game like he did today, he would be on his way to the Hall of Fame. For you to watch him play like his heart was on fire, the game of his life, and then make the above blanket statement is just sad.

There were others. Sometimes, emotion just doesn't translate into team play.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:28 pm

RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:37 pm

Countertrey wrote:
But to say you're going to dedicate your play in the game to your fallen friend and comrade, and then play like you don't care?

If Fred Smoot played every game like he did today, he would be on his way to the Hall of Fame. For you to watch him play like his heart was on fire, the game of his life, and then make the above blanket statement is just sad.

There were others. Sometimes, emotion just doesn't translate into team play.

Fred Smoot and Philip Daniels, and I'd even include Santana Moss, Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis, were the exceptions. They all played very hard.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute