MNF / Ray Lewis - Taylor tribute

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:15 am

I am thankful the Ravens played for Sean, but anyone can say they dedicate this for that. Its a soundbite, only the Skins team can feel the real pain of the loss and only they can remeber Sean when they play.

Sorry, but I totally disagree. McGahee, Lewis, and Reed getting fired up before the game and dedicating this to Sean was much more than a sound bite. Reed and McGahee were teammates with Sean for a longer period of time than a lot of Redskins were. There are plenty of other players in the NFL that feel "the real pain of the loss". Miami has more players in the NFL than any other college team and a lot of those players spent time playing with Sean in college and working out with him in the off season. Just look at all of the former Canes that came to the funeral today.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby BadgerKing » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:26 am

You are right I guess but the hole in the team, with everyone in that team feeling the same must be tougher. They loved Sean, they played with him but they do have a little bit of distance and seperation. Sorry if it seemed like I has dissing them, that was not intended.
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~ Thomas Campbell

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:36 am

You are comparing people scattered thru-out the NFL who played with Sean with the team he called family for FOUR FREAKIN YEARS! That's just like a month ago, I went to my ex-gf mom's funeral. Her mom always liked me(god knows why) and I wanted to go pay my repsects. Did I mourn the same as when my mother passed away in '99? Not even close.

The skins lost a FAMILY MEMBER, it's completely different than losing a friend. You people are rediculous.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**ch44

who cares

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:16 am

Whos cares about the Ravens? Go over to the Ravens board. They suck

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:44 am

chiefhog44 wrote:Whos cares about the Ravens? Go over to the Ravens board. They suck

:roll:

Unfortunately, the Ravens and their fans, showed more respect toward Sean during their moment of silence than many of Sean's own "fans" at FEDEX on Sunday.

That deserves respect. They fought hard, too against the best team this year and nearly shocked the football world.

Thanks, Ravens.
Back and better than ever!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:Whos cares about the Ravens? Go over to the Ravens board. They suck

Unfortunately, the Ravens and their fans, showed more respect toward Sean during their moment of silence than many of Sean's own "fans" at FEDEX on Sunday.

That deserves respect. They fought hard, too against the best team this year and nearly shocked the football world.

Thanks, Ravens.

=D>
RIP Sean Taylor

---

Re: who cares

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:49 am

The Ravens players were very respectful towards Sean as were the Dallas players. There is nothing wrong in acknowledging that and being grateful for it.

VetSkinsFan wrote:You are comparing people scattered thru-out the NFL who played with Sean with the team he called family for FOUR FREAKIN YEARS! That's just like a month ago, I went to my ex-gf mom's funeral. Her mom always liked me(god knows why) and I wanted to go pay my repsects. Did I mourn the same as when my mother passed away in '99? Not even close.

The skins lost a FAMILY MEMBER, it's completely different than losing a friend. You people are rediculous.

1. It's not that black and white.
2. Your experience isn't even close to what Reed, Lewis, Willis, Ortega or whomever else is feeling.
3. The University of Miami is a huge family and to discount his collegiate years/on going relationships is just baffling. Those relationships are just as meaningul as any other.

Sure, the entire Ravens organization may not feel the blow that the Skins have but you can't just ignore the individuals who knew him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:51 am

Who died and made you king?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:34 am

BadgerKing wrote:I am thankful the Ravens played for Sean, but anyone can say they dedicate this for that. Its a soundbite, only the Skins team can feel the real pain of the loss and only they can remeber Sean when they play.

Ray Lewis and Ed Reed both watched the funeral from a hotel room in the harbor.

They were seen coming from it both very visibly shook up. Because they too were "family" of Sean's.

I went to school with Lavar Arrington, Courtney Brown, Jurevicius, and other well know PSU athletes.

Whle I was not even close to having the skills to play on the team, I grew up loving PSU and their program.

I showed up at every practice, every team fuction (even ones I knew I could not get in to), and every game.

I was finally offered a position of assistant equipment manager. This posistion did not pay, as it really did not exsist.

But I got to travel with the team, and watch all the games from the sidelines. In a sense, be part of the team.

I saw first hand how close these guys get to eachother. They are a family, and I feel the same way. While not a player, I still felt like it was my team. And I have a Alomo Bowl ring to prove it.

So Sean was a Redskin and that was PART of his family. The same can be said for his college family, and the fans that loved him.
Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:53 am

I'm not gonna trash Chiefhog for his comment.

I'll say it again, I don't care if a team is 0-12, 4-8, 6-6 or whatever, if they show respect for our superstar, they earn respect from me. Maybe Ray and those guys only did it because they went to the "U". I could care less, they still showed it and Ray was SUPER fired up and he channeled (sp) that anger and frustration out on the field. Kudos to the Ravens for that, I was very impressed and grateful.

I just wished they could have stopped that Patriot Missile last night.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:12 pm

How can anyone think that a pre-game ritual like they showed was at all not genuine?

Did he appear to be choosing his words carefully? Did he look like he was reading from a piece of paper?

He was going off like he always does before a game, and it was real, it was genuine, and it was a shining example of why I love watching pro football - heightened emotion and adrenaline.

They harnessed the energy into their game, and to me, that's to be admired.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby LORD GIBBS » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:24 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:I thought that was powerful as well.
What does it say about the heart and fire of the Redskins when another team's players can channel their emotions into a stellar effort while the 'Skins predictably choke away another game?
At least one team will honor Sean's memory in a way that he would have appreciated: giving a never-say-die balls-to-the-wall effort on the field.
Kind of hard to understand what those guys are feeling I think that the last thing on there mind was winning the game they played with heavy hearts man give them a break...

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:33 pm

BossHog wrote:How can anyone think that a pre-game ritual like they showed was at all not genuine?

Did he appear to be choosing his words carefully? Did he look like he was reading from a piece of paper?

He was going off like he always does before a game, and it was real, it was genuine, and it was a shining example of why I love watching pro football - heightened emotion and adrenaline.

They harnessed the energy into their game, and to me, that's to be admired.

Everytime I look up, it seems Boss is expressing everything I'm trying to say. Ray was really feeling it man, he poured his heart out during that ritual. Your right brutha, I'm glad I watch pro-football as well. Oh, also, I made this comment a while back, its not smart to rag other teams because of your personal bias at a time like this. I say this because look how nice the other NFL teams/fans have treated us and the Skins organization since the tragedy. Still of course, hail to OUR Skins!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Thanks, Ravens.

I heard them yelling out too...and thought to myself...must be our area that thinks it's appropriate to yell out during a moment of silence.

Disgraceful.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:1. It's not that black and white.
2. Your experience isn't even close to what Reed, Lewis, Willis, Ortega or whomever else is feeling.
3. The University of Miami is a huge family and to discount his collegiate years/on going relationships is just baffling. Those relationships are just as meaningul as any other.

My closest friends (people I consider family) to this day are from my time in college. Not from work or grad school.

I completely agree with you CLL.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute