Capitals to Enhance Fan Experience

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Capitals to Enhance Fan Experience

Postby JansenFan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:29 pm

Dollar Dog Night, giveaways, Family Value Pack highlight new offerings

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Washington Capitals have created a series of new initiatives at Verizon Center designed to enhance fans’ experiences at the games, many of which will be in place for the start of the team’s four-game homestand that starts Saturday, Dec. 8, against the Atlanta Thrashers.

Among the highlights:

Dollar Dog Night: Thursday, Jan. 24, when the Capitals host Toronto at 7 p.m., will be Dollar Dog Night at Verizon Center, with hot dogs on sale for just a buck. That game – like all Thursday and Friday games – is also a Caps Student Rush night.

Caps Roulette: Starting Friday, Dec. 14, and then every Saturday game for the rest of the season, the Capitals will “spin the wheel” on the arena LED and video boards to determine a winning section. Every fan in that section will receive a free Caps Foam Finger.

New merchandise items: Two new items will be available at Aramark’s Fan Gear store at the F Street entrance to Verizon Center beginning Saturday and will remain available for the rest of the 2007-08 season.

Caps Family Value Pack: A terrific combination of new-logo memorabilia, a Caps Family Value Pack features a Capitals hat and T-shirt available together for $25 – or nearly 40% off the $40 retail price of the items when purchased separately.
Capitals Grab Bag: Perfect for stocking stuffers, Capitals Grab Bags will feature a randomly selected variety of novelty items like pucks, pins, key chains, plush dolls, etc. Capitals Grab Bags will be on sale for $15 and will feature items that would retail for $20 to 25 separately.

Holiday bargains: The Fan Gear store will offer deep discounts on vintage Capitals items with the blue, black and bronze logo in the Holiday Bargain Corner. Jerseys, T-shirts, hats, pins and much more will be available featuring the familiar dome and eagle logos.

New holiday shopping hours: The Fan Gear store, which is typically open only during events at Verizon Center, is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays from now through the end of December.

Free gift wrapping: The Fan Gear store will offer free gift wrapping on all purchases of more than $150 through Dec. 26.

More new merchandise items – including Fathead – to come: Fans should keep an eye out for more and more new merchandise items featuring the Capitals new red, white and blue look, including Fathead wall art featuring left wing Alex Ovechkin, which will be arriving soon.

These new initiatives are designed to build upon the Capitals’ commitment to providing a fan-friendly environment at Verizon Center.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:09 pm

Sounds like a good way to try and lure people to come and watch their games.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Winning would be another way of doing it. 8-[
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:21 pm

3 of their last 4, to make them 5-3-1 under their interim coach is a good start in my book!

I like the idea of '80s night this wednsday. The first 5,000 fans get free mullet wigs!

I'd go if I could get there in time!

Return to Washington Sports Teams