Patriots may get Darren Mcfadden in the draft.

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Will Patriots take Mcfadden if available

The Patriots opt to trade down
58%
The Forty Niners will win there last games and drop Patriots draft position
No votes
Patriots will take Mcfadden if available
42%

Total votes : 12
|||

Patriots may get Darren Mcfadden in the draft.

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:37 pm

The Patriots have the forty niners pick in this upcoming draft. So far that puts them in position to receive the number two pick.

Miami is set at the number one spot. Most reports have MIami taking Dorsey out of LSU.

What a nightmare this would be? If McFadden goes to the Patriots this would be disastrous for the rest of the league.

Make no mistakes about it, I hate the Patriots.

This is the last thing we need.

To be strong you have to also weaken your opponents. Patriots getting McFadden might doom the rest of the league.

So I hope the forty niners start winning some games. Also I really , really hope our team starts stocking up some draft picks.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby BeeGee » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Not sure on this one. They'll definitely have options though. They may even go with the Long from UVA for depth behind Seymour (always hurt) or a linebacker.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:48 pm

BeeGee wrote:Not sure on this one. They'll definitely have options though. They may even go with the Long from UVA for depth behind Seymour (always hurt) or a linebacker.

I hope they take a Defensive end. If they take Mcfadden they would be unstoppable. They are already near unstoppable.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:30 am

Teams will adjust and get better at handling the Patriots. Part of the reason they are very good right now is they are both playing well together and preparing/coaching better than other teams.

There also seems to be only a few competitive teams this year - parity has adversely affected a lot of teams - I cannot stand this bunch but they are playing very well right now and have benefitted a lot in my opinion from their schedule - playing 6 games in the AFC East has not hurt - and from the fact that there are a lot of teams that are on their schedule that are not playing well.

I see them going undefeated which is a great accomplishment BUT I also am hoping for someone to knock them off in the playoffs - that would be so sweet

and we would not have to have any more talk about an asterisk :wink:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:52 am

BeeGee wrote:Not sure on this one. They'll definitely have options though. They may even go with the Long from UVA for depth behind Seymour (always hurt) or a linebacker.

They need to draft for Linebackers; the whole team defense is built around LBs and their youngest starting LB is 30. From friends who are Patriots fans, the only LBs they have who are young are ST players. Trade down and draft linebackers is my call.

Plus, no RB needed; they just drafted Maroney in the 1st round a few years ago.
Last edited by PulpExposure on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:42 am

I don't think the Pats run the ball enough.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:45 am

The Patriots won't draft McFadden. They'll trade down if they can, otherwise they'll end up taking a linemen.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 am

Steve Spurrier III wrote:The Patriots won't draft McFadden. They'll trade down if they can, otherwise they'll end up taking a linemen.

They'll trade down and put themselves to be in this same position in 2009. They are truly mastering the offseason and the regular season.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:36 pm

It would be great if they did take him. They'd then have to pay Brady, Moss, McFadden, Seymour, Samuel, and Adalius Thomas max or near-max money. This would weaken their depth and ultimately make them a more beatable team, particularly if any of the above-named players are injured.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

kazoo

Re: Patriots may get Darren Mcfadden in the draft.

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:38 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:The Patriots have the forty niners pick in this upcoming draft. So far that puts them in position to receive the number two pick.

That is scary. The Niners blow and they don't have a QB. Winning one more game is a stretch. At least Miami's not going to win either and move them to #1, but I just don't see them dropping past anyone.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

|||

Re: Patriots may get Darren Mcfadden in the draft.

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:59 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:The Patriots have the forty niners pick in this upcoming draft. So far that puts them in position to receive the number two pick.

That is scary. The Niners blow and they don't have a QB. Winning one more game is a stretch. At least Miami's not going to win either and move them to #1, but I just don't see them dropping past anyone.

Certainly the idea of the Pats having the number two pick is nightmarish!

I just hope they trade down. But, hey you never know what that Bellicheck guy is thinking. The Pats have had a chip on there shoulders the whole year. It would not surprise me if the Pats pick up Mcfadden just so the Jets do not get him.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:57 am

They might surprise everyone and use the pick - my bet is that they will trade down - however, they could take the BC QB who could be the best QB available and would be their next superstar
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:They might surprise everyone and use the pick - my bet is that they will trade down - however, they could take the BC QB who could be the best QB available and would be their next superstar

I can't see it, Brady is only 30 to use a #2 pick on and getting better. You don't spend that kind of dough on a guy you don't expect to start for 5-10 years and it would be a total waste of getting the high impact player you expect at another position for the #2 pick.

I would put their picking a QB in the wishful thinking category. I have liked NE as a Michigan fan and recently having moved from New England. Though the camera thing does really rub me the wrong way. I don't care if it actually helped them or not, it's FLAGRANT cheating. Also, in terms of talent they are passing the point of ridiculous and own another absurdly high pick.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:44 am

What about the option that they stay in the #2 spot, just don't draft Mcfadden?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:36 pm

JSPB22 wrote:What about the option that they stay in the #2 spot, just don't draft Mcfadden?

That's what I was thinking. They might just draft whoever the heck they want. Also, what if they did draft McFadden and just trade him for some other players? Atlanta, Carolina, Detroit?

Return to General Manager's Office