Need help! Championship and $500 on the line...

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
|

Need help! Championship and $500 on the line...

Postby sch1977 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:36 am

I have a dilemma on who to start. Here are my spots:

WR
WR
RB
RB/WR

And here are my choices...

LT
Adrian Peterson (Viks)
Marques Colsten
Chad Johnson
Braylon Edwards.

One of these guys has to sit, but I can't decide who. The last two weeks I had MC on the bench, and it almost cost me.
Taylor and Landry will take no Prisoners!! - I just can't bring myself to delete it!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:08 am

I would bench Chad because he has had a down year. The only other one I would consider to bench is AP because the Skins have a good run defense.

I can't believe you have all those guys and you're still in a dilema. :shock:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

piggie

Postby Assasin atm » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Id sit Marques Colston( i know hes been hot lately) or Adrian Peterson- the rest have favorable matchups. If i had to pick one id say Colston
VOTE FOR A HUGE REDSKIN FANETTE BREAST AUGMENTATION FINALIST

wjfk website
MAKE MY BODY A HOTTIE CONTEST
HOTTIE #5

kazoo

Re: Need help! Championship and $500 on the line...

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:37 pm

sch1977 wrote:I have a dilemma on who to start. Here are my spots:

WR
WR
RB
RB/WR

LT
Adrian Peterson (Viks)
Marques Colsten
Chad Johnson
Braylon Edwards.

One of these guys has to sit, but I can't decide who. The last two weeks I had MC on the bench, and it almost cost me.

If it were me I'd bench Peterson because I HATE watching games with a conflict of interest. That's why I pick the Skins every week in my pick em pool. I won $1200 2 years ago and I'm one of the top this year in my survivor pool still in contention for $1,600. But when it comes to the Skins I pick them EVERY week because it detracts from the game if I have the pick even in the back of my mind.

Oh, that and of course I KNOW we'll win every week. I forgot that part.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:42 pm

I have a hard time playing guys who are playing against the Skins, so I would sit Adrian Peterson.

With that said, that line of thinking cost me a bye in the playoffs in my league becuase I lost my game the week we played the Eagles because I benched Westbrook, and the week we played the Bucs because I started the Ravens D.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Canes Skin

Re: Need help! Championship and $500 on the line...

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:08 am

sch1977 wrote:I have a dilemma on who to start. Here are my spots:

WR
WR
RB
RB/WR

LT
Adrian Peterson (Viks)
Marques Colsten
Chad Johnson
Braylon Edwards.

Don't sit either Peterson or LT. Those guys are too good to bench, no matter what the match up. Even with a down game, Peterson still scored 2 td's against the Bears. Edwards you have to start also, going against the Bengals defense. Based on his recent struggles, I would say bench Johnson, but that is likely to be a high scoring game against the Browns and the last time that Johnson played against Cleveland he had over 200 yards and 2 td's. Sit Colston.
Suck and Luck

piggie

Postby Assasin atm » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:33 am

Theres really noone that stands out that you have to bench ( and by the way how did you get that lineup?) anyway Colston- even though he has been hot and he still might have a decent game, i think colston will have the worst game of the options you have simply because of philly's defense focusing on him and the saints main threat.

wjfk website
HOTTIE #5

piggie

Postby Assasin atm » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:10 pm

So how did the championship go?

wjfk website
HOTTIE #5

|

Postby sch1977 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:36 am

Assasin atm wrote:So how did the championship go?

I won pretty handily, thanks! I am surprised I had that team as well. We had a keeper league which allowed us to keep up to 2 players from last year. So I kept LT and Gore. About 2 games in, I traded Gore for AP and Colston hoping I would have something in AP for future years. I had no idea he would play like this so soon. I was just lucky in drafting the other guys. Thanks for the advice.
Taylor and Landry will take no Prisoners!! - I just can't bring myself to delete it!

Return to General Manager's Office