Since the season is over sadly i found out the 2008 FA

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Who should we get

Terrell Sugs
36%
Haynsworth from tennessee
64%

Total votes : 11
piggie

Since the season is over sadly i found out the 2008 FA

Postby redskins_89 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 pm

For the DL they have some good ones

Terrell Suggs which i think would be the best pick up of the 3

Haynsworth from the Titans which would help with pressure at DT with Griffen

Jared Allen he had a break out season last season which he could be good next season or not plus i think he'll resign.

I think we should go after Suggs he very effective in the ravens defense

B-rad

Re: Since the season is over sadly i found out the 2008 FA

Postby brad7686 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:27 pm

redskins_89 wrote:For the DL they have some good ones

Jared Allen he had a break out season last season which he could be good next season or not plus i think he'll resign.

Suggs can't hold up in strong side i wouldn't think, so if they went after him it would be to replace carter, which is kind of unnecessary. Haynesworth would certainly be worth a look, but again, I'm not sure its necessary considering how good our run D has been. They will both be expensive and I think the only glaring hole we have is that Daniels is old and injury prone. I think drafting Calais Campbell is a must if he is there. Heres a guy who can hold up in the strong side and get to the qb on occasion.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

piglet

Postby jmskins26 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:55 pm

quentin groves is also a good option outta auburn
R.I.P Justin Skaggs
R.I.P Kevin Mitchell
R.I.P Sean Taylor

HTTR

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:46 pm

jmskins26 wrote:quentin groves is also a good option outta auburn
Harvey from the Gators is also.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Re: Since the season is over sadly i found out the 2008 FA

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:47 pm

redskins_89 wrote:For the DL they have some good ones

Marcus Trufunt -Asaunte Samuels are a FA by this year too.Sadly where not plaining to keep Springs I belive and we have to get a CB to replace him.And also Javon Walker could be a FA and also Roy Williams the WR also along with Larry fits.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:41 am

Fitzgerald and Roy most likely don't hit the market, but Javon will.

Pats aren't booming with cap space and they have to lock up a good number of people. Never know if someone like Samuel or, gasp, Randy Moss might escape.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:39 am

Albert Haynesworth is outstanding. I do think that we need a defensive end more than a DT right now though.

Jarred Allen Defensive End for the Kansas City Chiefs is a free agent as well. He logged 15 sacks this year.

Also Terrell Suggs seems to be another good option. All though his production has steadily declined. His first year he logged 12 sacks , then 10,8,9, 5 sacks this year. I wonder how many QB pressures he accounted for? hmmm...

Free agent CBs who I like,

Asante Samuels, Nnamdi Asomogha and Marcus Trufant is my last choice all though I hold a grudge against Trufant for obvious reasons.

Free agent OG, Alan Faneca, we obviously need another guard. Faneca fits the bill and is a perennial pro bowler. Can we say money, money , money.

Little known fact is that Randy Moss is a free agent at the end of this year as well. So Randy Moss is by far the best wide receiver who would be a free agent. I doubt he leaves New England but the fact remains he is still a free agent at the end of the playoff season.

I prefer we stay away from the free agent WR. Almost every free agent WR we pick up is a bust. Randel EL has underacheived and B. Lloyd does not even get a chance to play. Draft I say!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:53 am

Albert Haynesworth is outstanding. I do think that we need a defensive end more than a DT right now though.

I'm usually against signing big money free agents, preferring to build through the draft, but Haynesworth is a guy that I hope the Skins make a serious run at. The guy is an absolute monster. I also think that DT is just as much of a need as a DE. Griffin is very talented but he isn't getting the same type of penetration as he used too and Montgomery to me is a backup. Best case scenario in my mind is drafting a guy like Calais Campbell and singing Haynesworth. That would basically turn what is a weakness into a strength.

Free agent OG, Alan Faneca, we obviously need another guard. Faneca fits the bill and is a perennial pro bowler. Can we say money, money , money.

Faneca is a very good player, however, we need to get younger on the oline and signing a 31 year old guard doesn't fit the bill. I would prefer to see us address the oline through the draft, drafting guys for depth that can eventually take over as starters.
Suck and Luck

-----------

Postby Smithian » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:35 am

I think our interior rotation of Griffin, Montgomery, Gholston, etc is good enough we don't need to waste money there. I would like to draft a DE to put in a rotation with Wilson and Daniels at DE and let Daniel help us inside as well. That end would have time to develop that way.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:51 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

I'm usually against signing big money free agents, preferring to build through the draft, but Haynesworth is a guy that I hope the Skins make a serious run at. The guy is an absolute monster. I also think that DT is just as much of a need as a DE. Griffin is very talented but he isn't getting the same type of penetration as he used too and Montgomery to me is a backup. Best case scenario in my mind is drafting a guy like Calais Campbell and singing Haynesworth. That would basically turn what is a weakness into a strength.

Don't like 'em. He's dirty and undisciplined. We don't need that kinda attitude here.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Smithian wrote:I think our interior rotation of Griffin, Montgomery, Gholston, etc is good enough we don't need to waste money there. I would like to draft a DE to put in a rotation with Wilson and Daniels at DE and let Daniel help us inside as well. That end would have time to develop that way.

I would have to disagree. Griffin can't stay healthy and is not the same type of player that he used to be. Montgomery and Gollston are nice roll players, but neither has the talent to anchor the dline, and with Griffin's injury history we need another impact player in the middle. We have gotten virtually no penetration from the interior of our dline this season. The dline needs a serious upgrade across the board.
Suck and Luck

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:33 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Smithian wrote:I think our interior rotation of Griffin, Montgomery, Gholston, etc is good enough we don't need to waste money there. I would like to draft a DE to put in a rotation with Wilson and Daniels at DE and let Daniel help us inside as well. That end would have time to develop that way.

I would have to disagree. Griffin can't stay healthy and is not the same type of player that he used to be. Montgomery and Gollston are nice roll players, but neither has the talent to anchor the dline, and with Griffin's injury history we need another impact player in the middle. We have gotten virtually no penetration from the interior of our dline this season. The dline needs a serious upgrade across the board.

I have to agree with Smithian. Montgomery and Golston were solid this year. Was Griffin injured a lot this year? I saw Griffin make some great plays last Saturday. I agree we need more depth on the entire d-line, but in my opinion, the top money should be spent on a stud pass rushing DE. Williams has said numerous times he likes Monty, Grif and Golston. I'd bet my house they go after a stud DE this year.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:04 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

I have to agree with Smithian. Montgomery and Golston were solid this year. Was Griffin injured a lot this year? I saw Griffin make some great plays last Saturday. I agree we need more depth on the entire d-line, but in my opinion, the top money should be spent on a stud pass rushing DE. Williams has said numerous times he likes Monty, Grif and Golston. I'd bet my house they go after a stud DE this year.

Griffin is hurt every year. He has only started 16 games twice in his career and even though he "started" the Jets game he basically left at the beginning and didn't return.

As for Montgomery and Golston, Montgomery showed some flashes this year but was not a consistent play maker. Gollston is mediocre. Add in the fact that we might cut Griffin, and we are in BIG trouble if we go into 2008 with Gollston and Montgomery as our starting defensive tackles.
Suck and Luck

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm

We do need a REALLY good DE. Jared Allen has some character issues. He will not make it here. I agree that we need a GOOD DT as well. Unfortunately, we may be in a position to obtain a good DE in the Draft but I do not see us getting help at DT.

How about Glen Dorsey? He might not be there at 21 in the Draft though.

There is a salary cap people. There is a salary cap. This is not a letter to Santa in the North Pole. He is gone for the year. :lol: :cry:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:19 pm

How about Glen Dorsey? He might not be there at 21 in the Draft though.

He likely wont be around at #2 in the draft. The guy is a monster and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dolphins took him first overall.
Suck and Luck

Return to General Manager's Office