Administrative: New Threads

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
The Evil Straw

Administrative: New Threads

Postby Fios » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Please take the time to search before starting a new thread. I recognize some of you are new here but this is SOP for most message boards. With the off-season, there are fewer staff members around to moderate this kind of thing so your instinct should be to FIRST search through existing threads NOT to start one because you just found something.
Por ejemple, when Danny decides who his next soon-to-be-ex head coach is, ONE thread will suffice. This also includes the "man it's tough being a Redskins fan" (we know) and "I hate Snyder" threads (we really know). Remember, the guiding philosophy is to keep new threads to a minimum to ensure an easy-to-follow conversation.
Your cooperation in this is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Fios on Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sean Taylor

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:13 pm

What is "SOP"? :hmm:
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:35 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:What is "SOP"? :hmm:

Standard Operating Procedure... at least that is what I know it as...
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:38 pm

JCaptMorgan12 wrote:

Standard Operating Procedure... at least that is what I know it as...

Bingo
RIP Sean Taylor

piglet

Postby playboy1972 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Save Our Phanchise? [-o<

Hog

Re: Please Read

Postby HardDawg » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:05 pm

Fios wrote: This also includes the "man it's tough being a Redskins fan" (we know) and "I hate Snyder" threads (we really know).

Now THAT'S funny
Strength, though vital, must always be at the servitude of wisdom!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey Guys:

I understand the need to tightly moderate the site. But I have a sugesstion that may make everyone's life easier. Could you somehow delete the threads that are locked, or redundant?

I can't speak for everyone, but this is the only site that I visit, where on the front page, I see a list of "hot topics'" and I click on the one that I'd like to read / respond to, and many of them are locked.

I understand that people make duplicates, but can you merge and delete the thread, with the "king thread"...??

Often, the newest and locked threads are displayed on the front page, but the relevant thread is buried within the site.

It would make things cleaner, if the King Threads could be displayed so that we can all find the newest material to post on when we log into the site. Right now, half of the threads on the first page are locked. People naturally look at the top threads before they go to the search function.

We don't need 10 different threads on the same topic, but we also don't need 4 threads that are dead links, but still remain atop the list on the front page.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:Hey Guys:

I understand the need to tightly moderate the site. But I have a sugesstion that may make everyone's life easier. Could you somehow delete the threads that are locked, or redundant?

I can't speak for everyone, but this is the only site that I visit, where on the front page, I see a list of "hot topics'" and I click on the one that I'd like to read / respond to, and many of them are locked.

I understand that people make duplicates, but can you merge and delete the thread, with the "king thread"...??

Often, the newest and locked threads are displayed on the front page, but the relevant thread is buried within the site.

It would make things cleaner, if the King Threads could be displayed so that we can all find the newest material to post on when we log into the site. Right now, half of the threads on the first page are locked. People naturally look at the top threads before they go to the search function.

We don't need 10 different threads on the same topic, but we also don't need 4 threads that are dead links, but still remain atop the list on the front page.

They're marked with an X in a square on the left when you look at the "view new posts" page.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:28 am

Unfortunately, the list of new threads on the front pae are dynamic, so any new thread created gets put on that list and it's there, no matter what is done, short of BH physically removing the records from the DB and re-packing it. That is one of the many reasons it is imperative that people post to the appropriate thread. Even worse, if a thread is posted in hog wash that has to be moved elsewhere, the link stays in that list, but when clicked, results in a "thread does not exist" error.

Extraneous posting and posting in the wrong forum are trying for members who have to wade through them, moderators that have to constantly clean them up and worst of all, theHogs.net itself.

We don't harp on these points (to some several times a day) because we want to be a pain in the ass, or because we want to pick on someone. It's literally detrimental to the community we've built.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:49 pm

*all late*... Son Of Plastic? IE.. Fios?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football