Jacob Bell........

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog
Location: Redding, Ca: Repping Santa Cruz, the real Surf City in Cali!

Jacob Bell........

Postby Californiaskin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:09 pm

Should be the first FA we sign. Ties with O coordinater from Titans and is a stud........we never made up for losing Dockery last year and that contributed to some paltry rushing stats as our older O line got beat up last year.

This would actually be a smart FA aquisition+ would not cost too much and has tons o ags left in the tank..........

Unfortunately we'll probably give his $ and a draft pick to Cinci and oldo cinco instead!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:34 am

send in your vote - Vinnie and Danny need to know so they can package the deal - this year we are signing everybody, we don't need the draft, we're just going to build through adding anybody we can and cutting players alphabetically - it's a new West Coast Offense we are installing :lol:

have no fear, Vinnie is here :wink:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:send in your vote - Vinnie and Danny need to know so they can package the deal - this year we are signing everybody, we don't need the draft, we're just going to build through adding anybody we can and cutting players alphabetically - it's a new West Coast Offense we are installing :lol:

have no fear, Vinnie is here :wink:

Good to see you are on board with all this.

:up:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Hog
Location: Redding, Ca: Repping Santa Cruz, the real Surf City in Cali!

Postby Californiaskin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Wow!......................I thought some others might be interested in discussing some aspects of free agency such as a priority: O-line

Our O-line was patch work last year to say the least............

Anyone else see this as a problem? Randy Thomas and Jon "hurt every year and mediocre in my prime" Jansen are getting old and we need to shore this up.

Not really interested in how we are going top sign everyone and the rest of the crying about ownership........just want to discuss ball and waht IMO is an area we should address

Bell is a stud....we should get this guy

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:33 pm

i havent heard of this jacob bell guy, but i do agree that our line is getting old and we need to address it.

stephen heyer did a good job filling in this year and will be a solid starter when the time comes. and i think Samuels still has a few good years left in him. i hope the same for Rabach and Kendell but its not likely.

Thomas and Jansen arent getting any younger but i think if they can recover fully and stay healthy, they can be good contributers to the Line.

IMO, we should draft a guard in the 2nd round of this upcoming draft. some one like
Chilo Rachal USC G 6-4 1/4 313 5.23
Roy Schuening Oregon State G 6-3 5/8 308 5.35
they should be there in the 2nd round hopefully

then draft a tackle in the 5th
Barry Richardson Clemson OT 6-6 3/8 331 5.20
Kirk Barton Ohio State OT 6-4 3/8 303 5.25
John Greco Toledo OT 6-4 3/4 302 5.30

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/ ... id=3246139

thats where i got the info on these linemen. it might not work tho because it is the retarded insider thing..

but if we can draft these guys and have them this year learn the system and learn what they can from the vets, it'll help a lot with our O-line problem IMO
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 am

Actually, I think we did a very good job of replacing Dockery last season. But his departure did leave us with an even older offensive line. Thomas and Kendall are in need of solid back-up. Fabini is OK, but is not a natural guard, and isn't young either. I agree that a young interior line prospect is a need, whether he comes from the draft or free agency. We started doing things the right way by drafting Golston and Montgomery on the defensive side - I'd like to see that repeated on offence next.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Postby yupchagee » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 pm

ChocolateMilk wrote:i havent heard of this jacob bell guy, but i do agree that our line is getting old and we need to address it.

stephen heyer did a good job filling in this year and will be a solid starter when the time comes. and i think Samuels still has a few good years left in him. i hope the same for Rabach and Kendell but its not likely.

Thomas and Jansen arent getting any younger but i think if they can recover fully and stay healthy, they can be good contributers to the Line.

IMO, we should draft a guard in the 2nd round of this upcoming draft. some one like
Chilo Rachal USC G 6-4 1/4 313 5.23
Roy Schuening Oregon State G 6-3 5/8 308 5.35
they should be there in the 2nd round hopefully

then draft a tackle in the 5th
Barry Richardson Clemson OT 6-6 3/8 331 5.20
Kirk Barton Ohio State OT 6-4 3/8 303 5.25
John Greco Toledo OT 6-4 3/4 302 5.30

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/ ... id=3246139

thats where i got the info on these linemen. it might not work tho because it is the retarded insider thing..

but if we can draft these guys and have them this year learn the system and learn what they can from the vets, it'll help a lot with our O-line problem IMO

Very good analysis. Better than the paid "experts" on ESPN etc.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

One Step Away

Re: Jacob Bell........

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:12 am

Californiaskin wrote:Should be the first FA we sign. Ties with O coordinater from Titans and is a stud........we never made up for losing Dockery last year and that contributed to some paltry rushing stats as our older O line got beat up last year.

This would actually be a smart FA aquisition+ would not cost too much and has tons o ags left in the tank..........

Unfortunately we'll probably give his $ and a draft pick to Cinci and oldo cinco instead!

I really don't think losing Dockery was as detrimental as losing our entire right side after week 2. Kendall turned out to be a great fill in and while he's getting older as well, he's still performing to starting NFL standards in my book. Noone can expect to excel in the o-line situation we had last year.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to General Manager's Office