DJ Hackett to the Redskins???

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

DJ Hackett to the Redskins???

Postby Skinna Mob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:56 pm

The Washington Post suggests that free agent D.J. Hackett could land with the Redskins and new head coach Jim Zorn.
Zorn was the quarterbacks coach in Seattle before taking the Washington job, so this makes plenty of sense. The Redskins also need West Coast type receivers to make their offense work. Hackett (6'2/199) fits the bill.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/02/jason_lacanfora_checks_in.html?nav=rss_blog

I wouldn't mind having DJ. He probably wouldn't cost a lot, even though Danny will probably break him off way too much!
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom," he said. "And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."
Sean Taylor

-REDSKINS TILL I DIE-

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Skinna Mob wrote:
The Washington Post suggests that free agent D.J. Hackett could land with the Redskins and new head coach Jim Zorn.
Zorn was the quarterbacks coach in Seattle before taking the Washington job, so this makes plenty of sense. The Redskins also need West Coast type receivers to make their offense work. Hackett (6'2/199) fits the bill.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/02/jason_lacanfora_checks_in.html?nav=rss_blog

I wouldn't mind having DJ. He probably wouldn't cost a lot, even though Danny will probably break him off way too much!
i wouldnt mind having him either. some one in here said he had an injury problem tho. i dont know if he really does or if he just got hurt once and some one over reacted. but besides the injury thing, this guy seems like a perfect here IMO
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Signing Hackett would be a terrible move. In just 4 NFL seasons he has missed over 30 games due to injury. We need a reliable receiver, not someone that you can count on to get hurt.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Signing Hackett would be a terrible move. In just 4 NFL seasons he has missed over 30 games due to injury. We need a reliable receiver, not someone that you can count on to get hurt.
okay... yeah i was wondering about that injury thing. if he's hurt that often then signing him would be a terrible move
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:26 pm

He has great hands but he has been hit with the injury bug.

piglet

Postby ldbrown » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:34 pm

DJ if heathy would be a nice addition but B. Johnson from AZ who is from the area I feel could prove to be better.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl ... ntsWR.html

Postby yupchagee » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:37 pm

ChocolateMilk wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:Signing Hackett would be a terrible move. In just 4 NFL seasons he has missed over 30 games due to injury. We need a reliable receiver, not someone that you can count on to get hurt.
okay... yeah i was wondering about that injury thing. if he's hurt that often then signing him would be a terrible move

I agree. The last thing we need is more injury prone players.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

piggie

Postby funbunch » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:30 pm

I agree, B. Johnson would be a good young addition to the receiving corps.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:33 pm

B. Johnson is huge also.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:02 am

Man Ive been saying this all this time.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

|||||||

Re: DJ Hackett to the Redskins???

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 am

Skinna Mob wrote:

Wait, is LaCanfora actually quoting his owner newspaper here as a source? :shock:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:02 am

Other Free Agent Wide Receiers
Antonio Chatman UFA Cincinnati Bengals
Keary Colbert UFA Carolina Panthers
Terrance Copper UFA New Orleans Saints
Malcom Floyd RFA San Diego Chargers
Doug Gabriel UFA Oakland Raiders
D.J. Hackett UFA Seattle Seahawks
Az-Zahir Hakim UFA Miami Dolphins
Taylor Jacobs UFA Washington Redskins

Jerome Mathis RFA Houston Texans
Samie Parker UFA Kansas City Chiefs
David Patten UFA New Orleans Saints
Marcus Robinson UFA Detroit Lions

Somehow I don't think that information is accurate. Anyway, I also like Berrian. I don't believe that he knows the west coast offense but he does have good speed and compliment Moss as a deep threat.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:29 am

There are a few guys on that list I feel could come in and play for us. But we will see.

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 am

frankcal20 wrote:There are a few guys on that list I feel could come in and play for us. But we will see.
like mr david patten?
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:02 pm

ChocolateMilk wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:There are a few guys on that list I feel could come in and play for us. But we will see.
like mr david patten?

Yes, sign him immediately. Fuel up Redskins One ASAP!!!! :lol:
VIVA SEXY!!!

Return to General Manager's Office