I know what everyone is thinking but, Chris Henry??

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Would you Gamble on Chris Henry?

Yes
19%
no
81%

Total votes : 21
Hog

I know what everyone is thinking but, Chris Henry??

Postby BurgundyandGoldfaith » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:33 pm

Seriously, I know it's not Redskin thinking to take on a bad apple, but just consider, he would be free(no draft picks), Joe Gibbs is not here with God over his shoulder, and it's possible Zorn could put it like this-
"As you all know, Chris has had some problems in the past, but we feel it's here that he can make a fresh start. He understands that when he signed a contract here, he's making a commitment. I'm looking to guys like Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, and other veterans in this organization to keep an eye on him, teach him to be a man."
And Boom-just like that, the backlash is eliminated, and he's 6-4 and promising, 24 and proven. Gibbs could only do what his history was, Zorn can do as he pleases and I feel it's crucially necessary in this year of football to not box yourself in. Every year you see teams take risks on major players and many become successes. I simply hate the Cowboys for chasing superstars when we search for something to fit a criteria.
I want THIS to be the year we shed the mediocrity and dominate. The talent here has been trapped for years, it's time to stop spinning our wheels.........

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:38 pm

I wouldn't care if Henry was fifteen feet tall and ran a 2.0 second forty yard dash. He wouldn't be on the field long enough for it to make a difference.

Cincy gave him five chances. Five.

Hog

Postby BurgundyandGoldfaith » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:41 pm

I don't mean to rant, but Imagine, a tall possession reciever for nothing, and all the drift picks. We could get a DE,DT, CB, Owen Schmitt, OT, S, P, K(competition) and be set. this draft is deep in certain areas, it would allow for us to pick up the monster offensive tackle we don't need yet or address Depth for the coming future. We have to take advantage of everything we can, this division is brutal.

piglet

Postby PeetyPa » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:46 pm

No, I think he is done anyway.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Normally I would say no, but our wr is so bad right now that every option needs to be considered. However, he's likely going to get suspended for a good portion of the season so it's not really a realistic option.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:07 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Normally I would say no, but our wr is so bad right now that every option needs to be considered. However, he's likely going to get suspended for a good portion of the season so it's not really a realistic option.

This will be Henry's third NFL suspension. He's already had a two-game suspension and an eight game suspension. I'd guess he'll be out longer than Pacman Jones has been.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 pm

No thugs please and thanks.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:13 pm

I think everyone deserves a second chance - so here's what I would do if I were given Goodell's job - No football and no contact with any NFL team for this season and if his behaviour off the field is not above question for the next 12 months then he should be kept off the field for another season.

The NFL needs to ensure that these "types" are not a part of the game.
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:15 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think everyone deserves a second chance - so here's what I would do if I were given Goodell's job - No football and no contact with any NFL team for this season and if his behaviour off the field is not above question for the next 12 months then he should be kept off the field for another season.

The NFL needs to ensure that these "types" are not a part of the game.

Ummm... this WAS his second chance. Exactly one year ago, he met with Goodell, and assured him that his troubles were behind him... "please don't suspend me for the whole year"... So, Goodell relented, and cut him a little slack.

Don't count on it happening again...

See ya, Mr Henry... enjoy your career as a linoleum installer...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:45 pm

This is one of those times when someone has to ask themselves: "why was this thread created or even thought of?"

No no no no no no no no no no no no.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Re: I know what everyone is thinking but, Chris Henry??

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:47 pm

BurgundyandGoldfaith wrote:Seriously, I know it's not Redskin thinking to take on a bad apple, but just consider, he would be free(no draft picks), Joe Gibbs is not here with God over his shoulder, and it's possible Zorn could put it like this-
"As you all know, Chris has had some problems in the past, but we feel it's here that he can make a fresh start. He understands that when he signed a contract here, he's making a commitment. I'm looking to guys like Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, and other veterans in this organization to keep an eye on him, teach him to be a man."
And Boom-just like that, the backlash is eliminated, and he's 6-4 and promising, 24 and proven. Gibbs could only do what his history was, Zorn can do as he pleases and I feel it's crucially necessary in this year of football to not box yourself in. Every year you see teams take risks on major players and many become successes. I simply hate the Cowboys for chasing superstars when we search for something to fit a criteria.
I want THIS to be the year we shed the mediocrity and dominate. The talent here has been trapped for years, it's time to stop spinning our wheels.........

If his behavior is too extreme for the Bengals, we want no part of him.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Here I am bashing this thread but look at the one I posted. #-o

I should know by now that anything is possible.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

piggie

Postby Britskin » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 am

I think the thread is totally legit - whatever view you take after discussing it is up to each of us. Personally. I`d be tempted enough to sound it out. I realise that this guy has a history of trouble and maybe thats enough to put Zorn off - however, he sounds like what we need and the Cowboys got TO back producing.
Lets go Redskins !

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:53 am

This sounds like a Portiz post.....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:37 am

I realise that this guy has a history of trouble and maybe thats enough to put Zorn off - however, he sounds like what we need and the Cowboys got TO back producing.

1: It may not matter what Zorn is or is not willing to do. I suspect that he has tipped the league's scale heavily against him being eligible for a year, at least, probably more. The league will take it out of individual teams hands.

2: TO was NEVER a criminal.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to General Manager's Office