Wizards Reach Playoffs

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Nevermind... found out it's on NewsChannel8.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:09 pm

End of 3 and I want to puke my guts out!

This is a complete joke. I hope the wizards can get their %$#@ together at home.... or this series will be over in 4
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Jake wrote:Nevermind... found out it's on NewsChannel8.

Should have stuck with the Caps. My 2 cents
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:50 am

JansenFan wrote:
Jake wrote:Nevermind... found out it's on NewsChannel8.

Should have stuck with the Caps. My 2 cents

Trust me I flipped back and forth. Last night was the only time I was thanful that hockey wasn't a high scoring game. I stuck with the Caps real quick. I couldn't stand watching the Wizards get crushed like that.

They really tick me off because they are a hell of a lot better than that and can't do squat when it matters the most. I consider the series over. Maybe the Wiz win a game or two at home but they need a gigantic turnaround if they want to stay alive in the playoffs, which after seeing last night, doesn't give me much hope.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:11 am

Probably time to abandon the "anger LeBron" philosophy ... I'm even going to rescind my initial speculation that the Cavs could very easily drop the next two. I'd be worried were I a Wizards fan ... but I ain't ... haaaaaaaahaaaaaa.
Seriously, Washington just gave up toward the end of the third quarter and the Cavs, for the first time in a loooooooong time, moved on offense and created match-up problems. If they can duplicate that effort (if not the result) this series will end quickly.
Go Cavs!
RIP Sean Taylor

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:11 am

CLEVELAND ROCKS! LET'S GO CAVS!

*Note to Wizards: Until you can back it up AND stop King James, then shut it! AHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
RIP #21

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:57 pm

looks like the wiz are making a mini comeback, hold the laughter schaos.....

blowout at home.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:47 am

Or not
RIP Sean Taylor

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:01 pm

I hate LeBron in the way I hate Michael Jordan. When you are that good AND get the benefit of the doubt from the officials, you are un-stoppable. Here's hoping he stays unhappy in Cleveland and decides to come play with Caron.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:55 pm

JansenFan wrote:I hate LeBron in the way I hate Michael Jordan. When you are that good AND get the benefit of the doubt from the officials, you are un-stoppable. Here's hoping he stays unhappy in Cleveland and decides to come play with Caron.

:roll: just another stereotypical response from a wizards fan. LeBron IS that good, but in regards to getting the calls from the refs, thats stretching it. LeBron gets hacked all day long driving to the basket, but not a thing is said about that. And LeBron hates Washington, so playin for them is stretching it even further. King James has and always will own this Wizards team. Now its just time for the team and its fans to realize this. BOSTON, HERE WE COME! ALL HAIL KING JAMES!
RIP #21

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:08 pm

JansenFan wrote:I hate LeBron in the way I hate Michael Jordan. When you are that good AND get the benefit of the doubt from the officials, you are un-stoppable. Here's hoping he stays unhappy in Cleveland and decides to come play with Caron.

Odd how they let both Jordan and James take three steps on every drive.
If they let me take three steps on every drive, I could score 30 a night, too. These guys are talented enough. They don't need any help.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Oh no, Jordan and Lebron do not belong in the same sentence. I Believe that Arenas needs to shut his mouth and play ball. I try and support all of the other home teams, but I cannot deal with guys who say "they aren't that good' especially when your team isn't that good. Hail to the Redskins and I love football.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Secondary_Chaos wrote:

:roll: just another stereotypical response from a wizards fan. LeBron IS that good, but in regards to getting the calls from the refs, thats stretching it. LeBron gets hacked all day long driving to the basket, but not a thing is said about that. And LeBron hates Washington, so playin for them is stretching it even further. King James has and always will own this Wizards team. Now its just time for the team and its fans to realize this. BOSTON, HERE WE COME! ALL HAIL KING JAMES!

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying he gets all the calls. I'm simply saying that if the call could go either way, he gets it. He's not the only one. Most offensive stars do. The difference is that he is SOOO good, that knowing if it's close its going his way make him unstoppable. Thanks for actually reading my post instead of flying off the handle.

Who'd you like before LeBron joined the Cavs, anyway.
RIP 21

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:03 pm

JansenFan wrote:
Secondary_Chaos wrote:

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying he gets all the calls. I'm simply saying that if the call could go either way, he gets it. He's not the only one. Most offensive stars do. The difference is that he is SOOO good, that knowing if it's close its going his way make him unstoppable. Thanks for actually reading my post instead of flying off the handle.

Who'd you like before LeBron joined the Cavs, anyway.

First off, I dont mean to group you in to the stereotypical Washington fan base. I misunderstood your post and assumed you were just one of the many. Secondly, I was born in Cleveland. I hate when people assume im a bandwagon fan because of LeBron. But anyways, yes I would agree that he does have the upper hand in questionable situations, which is why he was in the top ten in the league in free throw attempts in the regular season and the playoffs. Still, LeBron is the man and Washington (as they know deep down) needs to realize this and stop looking stupid. Glad to see you break the cycle of whiny Wizards fans.
RIP #21

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Also, LeBron gets a lot of calls because he goes to the basket so often. When you initiate in the NBA, you will get the call more often than not. But, make no mistake about this, LeBron takes a LOT of hits that simply do not draw a whistle. LOTS of them, many of which are clear fouls. I think his size works against him at times because what might be a hard foul on another player won't phase LBJ.
I also have to say this, I have gone from antipathy toward to open hatred for the Wizards with the exceptions of Caron Butler (who should have been give the ball at the end of game 4), Antwaan Jamison (very classy and pathetically under-utilized ... always been one of my favorite players) and Antonio Daniels (should have started every game).
I hope it ends tonight and I hope it's not even close.
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Washington Sports Teams