Jared Allen?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Jared Allen?

Postby broomboy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 am

I know this is a slim possibility but should be go after Jared Allen? He would give us the pressure on the qb we need as he lead the league in sacks last year but the chiefs are asking for a 1st and 2nd round pick according to Adam Schefter. Opinions?

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:49 am

The #21 and the #51 for one player?
Allen had 15.5 sacks and 64 tackles in 14 games on an awful KC team.

This is a tough call but I'd see if the Chiefs would take a slightly lower offer.
A first and second is a lot to give up for any one player.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:27 am

That's very tempting but I think the Redskins approach has to be one of finding inexpensive answers to address their weaknesses. Having Allen would be great but for a team with very little cap space and several needs, it doesn't make sense.
RIP Sean Taylor

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:36 am

Not only would that cost us 2 high picks, but his demands would be a sure cap buster. I say pass.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:46 am

Fios wrote:That's very tempting but I think the Redskins approach has to be one of finding inexpensive answers to address their weaknesses. Having Allen would be great but for a team with very little cap space and several needs, it doesn't make sense.

Exactly, I am happy with the way we handled FA, and I don't wanna blow it now.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Does anyone know the pay rate the Chiefs have been offering him that he keeps rejecting?

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:51 pm

LOSTHOG wrote:Does anyone know the pay rate the Chiefs have been offering him that he keeps rejecting?

Since he's franchised, it should be the average of the top 5 DE's. About $8.8 million I think.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:48 am

The franchise player for the Kansas City Chiefs, is heading to a new franchise, the Minnesota Vikings, according to multiple sources.

Late Tuesday night, the Chiefs and the Vikings reached an agreement on a trade package, and at roughly the same time, Allen reached an agreement in principle on a contract with the Vikings. Upon reaching the contract agreement, Allen headed to the airport and left for Minnesota.

The Kansas City Star reported on Tuesday night that Allen agreed to one of the largest contracts for a defensive player -- six years for almost $74 million with more than $31 million guaranteed.

Sources said the Vikings included a second third-round pick (No. 73) in the 2008 draft to get the deal done. They had been offering a No. 1 pick (17th in the first round) and a No. 3 (No. 82). The teams also swapped spots in the sixth round with the Vikings getting a better spot in the sixth round, sources said.

If this is true, the Vikings pulled a "Snyder."
I'm just glad Snyder didn't pull a "Snyder."
Talk about a Salary Cap killer.
Three draft choices (more than the Redskins supposedly offered for CJ).
$12 Million per year for One Defensive player.
Is Tom Brady making that?
Is Peyton Manning?
Is there some chance the CBA will not be renewed? I doubt it seriously but that is the only way this deal would make any sense at all.
Way too much to give up for one player at any position, IMO

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Herm Edwards is crazy for shopping around there best player. Why let go of a proven guy? So they take a chance on a draft pick instead? Also leaving a whole on there defense where Allen once was?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to General Manager's Office