Olie's house for sale

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
FanFromAnnapolis

Olie's house for sale

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu May 08, 2008 7:22 am

Bad news for the Caps, I'd imagine. Kolzig's got his 6-bed, 8-bath home for sale.

55 photos in total. . . Not exactly my preferred style, but a very nice home. (With a very nice price tag, too. . .)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu May 08, 2008 10:41 pm

Huet's expressed an interest in remaining with the Capitals. Even if he didn't come back, I think Olie felt betrayed when Huet took the starter's job for good. I really felt that he was brought in to have a one-two punch for a year or two until Olie hung 'em up and Huet took over.

It will be really sad if Olie doesn't finish his career in the Red, White and Blue. In much the same way it was sad to see Bonzai play elsewhere.

It's a business, but Olie gave his all to this team in dire times, and as soon as it got good, they brought in another guy and took him out, so I can understand the bitterness. He was a perfect teammate through the end of the season, and I wish him the best, no matter where he ends up.

I'll be an Olie fan, no matter where he plays (as long as its in the Western Conference).
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri May 09, 2008 10:12 am

I heard on the radio this morning, that he was adamant about not returning to the Caps.

I'm not a hockey fan, but I know the name Kolzig. Before Ovechkin, he was certainly the face of the CAPS (particularly for non-fans like me). It's sad to see him go.
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri May 09, 2008 10:17 am

Kolzig was stabbed in the back.
He was permanently benched for Huet.
He was not even inserted when it was clear Huet needed a game off.
The Caps clearly flashed a big Screw You and your years of loyalty sign in Kolzig's face. I don't blame him for returning the sentiment.

The Capitals organization owed Kolzig more than what they gave him. Kolzig owed the Capitals organization less than what he gave them.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am

As much as I like Kolzig, and and as much as he has given to the franchise for nearly 20 years, it was his inconsistent play that led him to the bench. Had he played as well as Huet played down the strech, BB would have played him in the series against the Flyers.

Even with the series at 3-1, I did not think Huet played that badly, and once we started taking shots at the guys running at him, his play improved.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri May 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Huet was outstanding. He didn't give up any softies. Every single goal scored against him was of the cross-crease pass or bad-luck rebound variety. Some of the saves he did make were of the extraordinary variety. They absolutely made the right decision. I just hate that it had to be made for Olie's sake.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Yes, not a comfortable situation for anyone concerned, I'm afraid.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:19 am

I'm sure it was a tough decision. Huet was the better goalie. Unfortunately, neither Kolzig, nor Huet are exactly spring chickens anymore. I know Olie's a competetor, but he has to recognize what's best for the team. It wasn't the goal-tending that cost us the playoffs.

I just think Olie didn't want to back up Huet. Sure he can be a starter somewhere else, but he could have stayed and made a great back-up/relief goalie here. I'm sure we would have kept him over Johnson.

Johnny got scratched for the entire last push for the season and was scratched through the playoffs.

I loved watching Olie play, and it breaks my heart to see him go. He was always a class act.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Olie signed with the Lightning.

Return to Washington Sports Teams