Caps 2008 Preseason Schedule Is Out

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Caps 2008 Preseason Schedule Is Out

Postby JansenFan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 14, 2008

Capitals Announce 2008 Preseason Schedule

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals 2008 preseason schedule features seven games against four opponents and includes three home games at Verizon Center.

The Caps play their first preseason game on the road at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 24, at the Carolina Hurricanes. Washington’s preseason home opener at Verizon Center is the following night at 7 p.m. against Carolina.

In addition to playing Carolina twice, the Caps also have home-and-home series with the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins. Washington also plays a road game against New Jersey at a site to be determined.

The Capitals were 3-3-1 in the preseason last year, and their all-time preseason record is 126-108-29-8.

2008 Washington Capitals Preseason Schedule

Code: Select all
Date                Opponent            Location                             Time
Wed., Sept. 24      at Carolina         RBC Center, Raleigh, N.C.            7 p.m.
Thurs., Sept. 25    Carolina            Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.     7 p.m.
Sat., Sept. 27      at Boston           TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, Mass.   4 p.m.
Mon., Sept. 29      at New Jersey       TBD                                  7 p.m.
Wed., Oct. 1        at Philadelphia     Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, Pa.   7 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 3        Philadelphia        Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.     7 p.m.
Sun., Oct. 5        Boston              Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.     5 p.m.

All Times Eastern
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:40 pm

I was holding out hope the Caps might make a preseason trip to St. Louis, since i don't think they will play here this season.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Return to Washington Sports Teams