What are the odds...

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

What are the odds...

Postby Thundersloth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:01 pm

The Redskins try to pick up John Lynch? I don't think he wants more than a league minimum base salary with lots of incentives. Or has he lost a step and is too old?
If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same. ~Bob Golic

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Why?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Isn't that our usual MO, to pick up a big name free agent that won't work out?
If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same. ~Bob Golic

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:58 pm

The Redskins try to pick up John Lynch? I don't think he wants more than a league minimum base salary with lots of incentives. Or has he lost a step and is too old?

Isn't that our usual MO, to pick up a big name free agent that won't work out?

I don't get it, you want him even though you don't think he is going to work out?
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:17 pm

No, I don't think we should sign him, my point is will management see it that way. What were the odds of us making all the bad signings in the past? I guess I should've said what are the odds of the Redskins making more bad signings, I just used Lynch since he's a big name player that the game has seemed to pass by.

Hog

Postby PMG12569 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Thundersloth wrote:Isn't that our usual MO, to pick up a big name free agent that won't work out?

Nah, our MO is picking up a known "name" sometimes older and paying them out the backside. I wouldnt care if we took him for a veteran minimum to see what he could do. I mean we have Reed Doughty (who i do like) but isnt that great and I wudn't care to see what hes got left compared to what he have.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Re: What are the odds...

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Thundersloth wrote:The Redskins try to pick up John Lynch? I don't think he wants more than a league minimum base salary with lots of incentives. Or has he lost a step and is too old?

ahhhh....do you remember a name: Archuleta....?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 pm

I remember Archuleta (who got cut in Oakland), I remember Bruce Smith and I remember Deion Sanders. I also remember James Washington and Stanley "The Sheriff" Richard. A virtual who's who of players who didn't produce in a Redskins uniform but laughed all the way to the bank. I wonder who the common denominator is in all of these signings?

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Thundersloth wrote:I remember Archuleta (who got cut in Oakland), I remember Bruce Smith and I remember Deion Sanders. I also remember James Washington and Stanley "The Sheriff" Richard. A virtual who's who of players who didn't produce in a Redskins uniform but laughed all the way to the bank. I wonder who the common denominator is in all of these signings?

Me too. While you may be thinking you're being tongue-in-cheek, I'm actually wondering who were you thinking it was?

Because if you're blaming Snyder or Cerrato for Stanley Richards or James Washington, please note that both players were signed by the Redskins in 1995.

Snyder bought the Redskins four years later.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:43 pm

Ok take out Washington and Stanley. Snyder was definitely the owner when we made bad deals. Jeff George, Brandon Lloyd, trading away draft picks like the 2nd round pick we had to give up for Clinton. Now we draft 2 rookie receivers in our first 3 picks after having over paid for Randle-El and somehow find out that Lloyd is a "problem" and they let him go (which was a very good move), all of this after eating a big chunk of the salary cap because we had to let Coles go, then we follow that up with re-working Moss's deal. It seems like Snyder is interested in paying OTHER teams talent rather than to build up the team through the draft.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Thundersloth wrote:Isn't that our usual MO, to pick up a big name free agent that won't work out?

You mean like Washington, Springs, Fletcher, Griffin, Carter, Thomas, Portis, Collins, Rabach and Moss? We'd have been so much better off without those LOSERS. I'm not arguing we have signed well, I just find it idiotic to focus on one side. I also find this relentless Skins bashing the week leading into our FIRST GAME to be idiotic.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:43 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

You mean like Washington, Springs, Fletcher, Griffin, Carter, Thomas, Portis, Collins, Rabach and Moss? We'd have been so much better off without those LOSERS. I'm not arguing we have signed well, I just find it idiotic to focus on one side. I also find this relentless Skins bashing the week leading into our FIRST GAME to be idiotic.

Kazoo, I'm still tryna figure out how this ended up in Fantasy Football Land

:hmm:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:03 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Kazoo, I'm still tryna figure out how this ended up in Fantasy Football Land

:hmm:
Read the forum description, then the original post again.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:22 am

Sooooo, this is pretty much "fantasy" regarding nfl teams decisions? well dag, if that's the case, what do you guys think about trading all 3 of our qb's for P. Manning? here I thought it was about "fantasy football".

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am

Want to play GM? Fanasy Football / Office Pool Chat / Trade Possibilities / Mock Drafts - Do it here!
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to General Manager's Office