Caps Today

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
**LPJ**
Posts: 6340
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Bob, that was totally awesome man.. thanks a bunch for that blog. I found myself starting to copy my favorite parts, then I realized I had to keep switching screens to paste them.. here's my ultimate favorite though (but the velvet suit is totally hilarious)...

“yeah, I score all the time. I was going to score against you anyway, and now I have. Let’s not make any big thing out of it, a’ight.”

Thanks bro, really appreciated that!

:rock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

piglet
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Manassas, VA

Postby Gametime33 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Lovin It!

Crosby plays like more like David, and whines way too much to be considered in Ovechkin's league.

Malkin is the Troy Aikman of the Pens. (office supplies line was fabulous dear)

He makes them go. Without him they are the biggest losers.

Wonderful game and even better performance from the old Russian Red Wing castoff Federov. (pronounced Fe-der-ov)

Sim-yon Var-la-mov is maturing so quickly I forget he is just now in double digits in total games played in the NHL.

That's amazing.

Round two for the Caps means demoralizing the hockey world, bc Poopsburgh hasn't seen anything like the fury the fans are going to unleash on them.

This is playoff hockey at its finest. I dare the Pens' fans to show us up in our house. Rock the Hawk people.

:D

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Gametime33 wrote:Lovin It!

Crosby plays like more like David, and whines way too much to be considered in Ovechkin's league.

Malkin is the Troy Aikman of the Pens. (office supplies line was fabulous dear)

He makes them go. Without him they are the biggest losers.

Wonderful game and even better performance from the old Russian Red Wing castoff Federov. (pronounced Fe-der-ov)

Sim-yon Var-la-mov is maturing so quickly I forget he is just now in double digits in total games played in the NHL.

That's amazing.

Round two for the Caps means demoralizing the hockey world, bc Poopsburgh hasn't seen anything like the fury the fans are going to unleash on them.

This is playoff hockey at its finest. I dare the Pens' fans to show us up in our house. Rock the Hawk people.

:D


:lol:

I didn't recognize your username at first, so the "dear" part freaked me out for a second!

Everyone, this is my wife, Jen.

Jen, this is everyone.

:lol:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Bob, that was totally awesome man.. thanks a bunch for that blog. I found myself starting to copy my favorite parts, then I realized I had to keep switching screens to paste them.. here's my ultimate favorite though (but the velvet suit is totally hilarious)...

“yeah, I score all the time. I was going to score against you anyway, and now I have. Let’s not make any big thing out of it, a’ight.”

Thanks bro, really appreciated that!

:rock:


:lol:

thanks man,

yeah, I write stuff like that all the time. I was going to write it anyway, and now I have. Let's not make a big...

okay too much for one joke.

:lol:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:54 am
Location: St. Louis, Mo

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Gametime33 wrote:

Rock the Hawk people.

:D


I wish I had enough hair up top to muster the hawk.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

the 'mudge
Posts: 14362
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:15 pm

Looking forward to seeing some Caps hockey up here in Bruinsland...

That 3rd period of game 7 was awesome... that is how you play to your strength!!!
:rock:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Gametime33 wrote:Lovin It!

Crosby plays like more like David, and whines way too much to be considered in Ovechkin's league.

Malkin is the Troy Aikman of the Pens. (office supplies line was fabulous dear)

He makes them go. Without him they are the biggest losers.

Wonderful game and even better performance from the old Russian Red Wing castoff Federov. (pronounced Fe-der-ov)

Sim-yon Var-la-mov is maturing so quickly I forget he is just now in double digits in total games played in the NHL.

That's amazing.

Round two for the Caps means demoralizing the hockey world, bc Poopsburgh hasn't seen anything like the fury the fans are going to unleash on them.

This is playoff hockey at its finest. I dare the Pens' fans to show us up in our house. Rock the Hawk people.

:D


:lol:

I didn't recognize your username at first, so the "dear" part freaked me out for a second!

Everyone, this is my wife, Jen.

Jen, this is everyone.

:lol:


:lol: Welcome to the boards, Jen!
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 am

Welcome to the boards, Jen. I promise not to delete any of your posts. :oops:
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

**LPJ**
Posts: 6340
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:57 am

Nice ta meet ya Jen... yea, that whole "dear" thing.. I was like.. omg!!! :lol:

Yea Bob, keep up the great work brutha.

To be honest with ya'll, I haven't watched any of the other series but I do make sure and watch all the highlights though. Man, so much sports happening right now, gotta love it!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am

Bob 0119 wrote:It looks like maybe someone from the Caps is reading my stuff!


Your ‘A’ Game – While individual rivalries grab the spotlight in Capitals-Penguins series previews, there is an interesting parallel behind the bench as well. Both Capitals head coach Bruce Boudreau and Penguins’ boss Dan Bylsma were in-season promotions from their franchise’s AHL affiliates and led their teams to the playoffs as first-year NHL coaches – Boudreau last year and Bylsma this season. The coaches, who will appear on separate media conference calls this afternoon, each got their first taste of the longstanding Capitals-Penguins rivalry with those AHL teams. Washington ’s affiliate, the Hershey Bears, and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are long-time rivals as well – in fact, they meet in the second round of the AHL playoffs with a series that starts just six hours after the Caps and Pens face off at Verizon Center Saturday.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 am

Playoff Sasha – Alexander Semin scored eight points (5g-3a) in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against New York, continuing the playoff success he began last year. Semin has 1.14 points per game in his playoff career, a step up from his 0.85 in the regular season. This year, his five goals tie him for the lead in the NHL while his eight points tie him for second. Semin carries a five-game point streak (4g-3a) into the Eastern Conference Semifinals against Pittsburgh that begin tomorrow in Washington . The Krasnoyarsk, Russia, native is tied for fourth in the NHL with a +5 rating and his 18.5 shooting percentage is the best in the NHL for any player that took more than 21 shots. Semin recorded at least a goal in all four regular-season meetings with Pittsburgh and ended the regular season with seven points (4g-3a) against the Penguins.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**LPJ**
Posts: 6340
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri May 01, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey, did anyone see that Chi. Vanc. game last night??? I turned it on when tied @ 3 and I saw dude from Chi. juggling the puck on his stick.. WICKED!.. he then attempted a shot but missed. Vanc. scored and scored again when the net was empty.

I'm still amazed the guys can skate on ice and they keep doing these things that make it look so easy. Taking major hits, controling the puck with a stick, making passes/taking shots, grabbing the puck out of the air while moving.. and even when they fall, all hockey players make sure to position there feet in a way so the blades don't face upwards. I actually notice that everytime someone hits the ice. NHL players are the real deal folks, if you read this and haven't checked out hockey or at least OUR boys, your totally missing out.

I'm convincing some of my folks about hockey, I'm hooked, obviously it's because we have the MJ of hockey (pre-mature or no?) and the fact the team is so dag gone good. Great FO and great coaching, omg.. the fans in the DC area are totally awesome. Gotta love it!

I just withdrew money from the atm.. extra money for when I get off that train @ the phone booth 2marow :D
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Sat May 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Game 1 is ours! Eat that Crosby!
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: MD

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Sat May 02, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm glad were up 1-0 to start this thing out. We have to play better defense from here on out though. We allowed a lot of shots on varly today and he bailed us out. How about that stick save on crosby? That was amazing! It will be the top play on sportscenter easily.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Faked out – Pittsburgh blocked 20 Washington shots in yesterday’s Game 1, and already had seven before Alexander Semin would up from the center point on a first period 5-on-3. Semin didn’t give the Pens a chance to block another here, however – he bluffed the shot and rifled a perfect pass to Alex Ovechkin, who scored a go-ahead goal. Later, in the third, Semin used a similar technique to get the puck to Nicklas Backstrom, turning a 3-on-3 into a 2-on-1, and Tomas Fleischmann scored the game-winner. Semin shares the NHL lead in goals in these playoffs with five, but he proved yesterday to be equally adept when faking a shot – and now shares the league lead in points as well (10).



Hershey Bears Update

Washington’s AHL affiliate took a 1-0 series lead in the AHL playoffs with a 5-3 win against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins last night. Game 2 is this evening at 5 p.m. in Hershey.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Washington Sports Teams