Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:36 am

we need out of state recruiting to start. I see a lot, I MEAN A LOT of B&G shirts and hats here in SC. Brings a smile to my face everytime.
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:37 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Steelers fans travel well. They also left Pittsburgh in droves during the 80s and 90s as the city declined, and the D.C. area has seen almost nothing but growth for decades. We pick up a lot of people that a town like (e.g.) Denver won't.

Add on top of that the cool, disconnected corporate atmosphere that Snyder has fostered for a decade. Add to that the fact that Washington fans just haven't been very good fans at the stadium in the last 10 years.

I hate to say it, but nothing about tonight's crowd surprised me. At least they weren't booing, as far as I could tell. :|

Also add that this stadium opened up nearly 40,000 new tickets to the public.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:43 am

Well...If the team gave our fans something to cheer about then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.

- Maybe the fans do suck but the team has to NOT SUCK to draw them in.

- I mean really, you can't suck for over a decade and expect the fans to rawk-on like they just won a superbowl.

- Do the fans suck? Maybe but they only suck because the team sucked. Does the team suck all the time? No. But they sure as heck laid and egg yesterday. LOL
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:45 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Well...If the team gave our fans something to cheer about then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.

- Maybe the fans do suck but the team has to NOT SUCK to draw them in.

- I mean really, you can't suck for over a decade and expect the fans to rawk-on like they just won a superbowl.

- Do the fans suck? Maybe but they only suck because the team sucked. Does the team suck all the time? No. But they sure as heck laid and egg yesterday. LOL

:lol: :lol: tough love :lol: :lol:
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:23 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Steelers fans travel well. They also left Pittsburgh in droves during the 80s and 90s as the city declined, and the D.C. area has seen almost nothing but growth for decades. We pick up a lot of people that a town like (e.g.) Denver won't.

I would say most of the Steelers fans that showed up, work in the Washington DC area. Go to a Penns / Caps game and almost half of the Verizon center will have black on.

This area is over run with PBurge transplants or the second generartion of those transplants.

Other than Skins' fans there are far more Steelers' fans in this area than even Cowgirl, Crows, or Beagle fans.

I say all that can afford to go, find a ticket to the Dec 7 Skins/Crows game and give those dirty birds a taste of what we got last night. There is no reason we can't put 30,000 into M&T bank stadium.

I already got tickets for it. I hope to see 30,000 'Skins fans there.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:50 pm

WOW is all I can say…I’m still in shock from what I saw last night!! At one point a D Lineman from the Steelers raised his arms to pump up the crowd as if he was in his home stadium…and sad truth is the Steelers fans roared louder at that point than Redskins fans at any other point in the game. But I’m not ready to say “Skins Fans Suck” but I will say our front office and some season ticket holders’ suck when it comes to this topic.

Like most problems it starts at the top…yes with Dan Snyder!! I heard Kevin Sheehan saying on the post game show, what must Dan Snyder have been thinking when he looked out and saw all those yellow towels…I’m here to tell you he was smiling….here’s why.
I have been a season ticket holder for 5 years I sit upstairs most of the time but have some connections that gets me downstairs sometimes. I have written a letter (Skins require it) to be upgraded…every year I have been offered a upgrade to move down about 5-7 rows at a price of $220 per tickets…I continue to laugh at that offer…but if I ever want to sit in the lower level I will have to move down in my section first…while Dan Snyder holds back on tickets in the lower level for those that will pay the $75 dollar fee for the TG Party!! How do I know this…two year ago against the Eagles, I got one of those infamous emails about how the “other team” gave back some tickets and there are now tickets available. I donated my tickets to charity and brought two from the Redskins the night before the game…great seats behind the bench ( I never knew the other team sat behind our bench??) To my surprised I was sitting with a ton of Eagles fans??? When I ask how they got tickets I was told “we call the Redskins ticket office”!!!

Fast forward and you read how DS was going after people who were selling their tickets on Ebay, Stubhub etc…on the surface you think great he wants our fans to come, but reality is, it pissed him off because his product was being sold at a higher price. Fast forward again and look who is the official ticket outlet for the Skins now…Stubhub!! Why, so that DS can sell his unused seats on there and oh by the way guess who is buying them??? Funny thing we didn’t get any of those emails after the Skins beat the Cowboys and Eagles on the road???
If you look at Stubhub right now the Steelers have 372 listings for seats to their next game vs. the Colts. We have a whooping 1165 listings(get ready for alot of blue on Nov 16th)…I would love to know the number of those that come from the Skins???

Mr. Snyder I pay $900 for my tickets now, I’m not about to pay $440 more to move down 5 rows. But here’s something that may surprise you I will pay $1100 more to move to the lower level!!! But you would rather hold out on to those seats to make more money!! Well last night you saw the results when you and few season tickets holder decide to “make a little money” !!

I always hear about this waiting list…truth is anyone who wants tickets can call the Redskins ticket office today and get them!! You will pay, but you can get them. Yet there continues to be a waiting list a mile long, am I the only one that can’t understand this???

If Dan Snyder wants Redskins fans in his seats… THEN HE NEEDS TO SELL THEM TO REDSKINS FANS WITHOUT ALL THE STRINGS ATTACHED!!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Pretty well put DEHog.

I was kind of ticked off reading about the Steelers fans at Fedex. Honestly, that is one of many reasons I've stopped going to Fedex field. I've been to so many games, Eagles, Giants, etc; where the visiting fans show up in big numbers. Its not right, its irritating, and it never happened at RFK.

We have a huge stadium out in the middle of nowhere. Its a total pain to get out there, traffic sucks, parking sucks, everything is retarded expensive, and its just way more enjoyable to watch the game at home on a big flat screen with a cold fridge full of brew and a dozen good friends. It costs $800 less than going to the game too.

We have a monster stadium that lines our owner's pocket, and I have no problem with that. What we don't have is a stadium that provides great atmosphere for the team's fans. So I choose to stay home.

Fans have figured this all out over the past ten years. We may love the Skins but we're not idiots.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:14 pm

DEHog wrote:WOW is all I can say…I’m still in shock from what I saw last night!! At one point a D Lineman from the Steelers raised his arms to pump up the crowd as if he was in his home stadium…and sad truth is the Steelers fans roared louder at that point than Redskins fans at any other point in the game. But I’m not ready to say “Skins Fans Suck” but I will say our front office and some season ticket holders’ suck when it comes to this topic.

Like most problems it starts at the top…yes with Dan Snyder!! I heard Kevin Sheehan saying on the post game show, what must Dan Snyder have been thinking when he looked out and saw all those yellow towels…I’m here to tell you he was smiling….here’s why.
I have been a season ticket holder for 5 years I sit upstairs most of the time but have some connections that gets me downstairs sometimes. I have written a letter (Skins require it) to be upgraded…every year I have been offered a upgrade to move down about 5-7 rows at a price of $220 per tickets…I continue to laugh at that offer…but if I ever want to sit in the lower level I will have to move down in my section first…while Dan Snyder holds back on tickets in the lower level for those that will pay the $75 dollar fee for the TG Party!! How do I know this…two year ago against the Eagles, I got one of those infamous emails about how the “other team” gave back some tickets and there are now tickets available. I donated my tickets to charity and brought two from the Redskins the night before the game…great seats behind the bench ( I never knew the other team sat behind our bench??) To my surprised I was sitting with a ton of Eagles fans??? When I ask how they got tickets I was told “we call the Redskins ticket office”!!!

Fast forward and you read how DS was going after people who were selling their tickets on Ebay, Stubhub etc…on the surface you think great he wants our fans to come, but reality is, it pissed him off because his product was being sold at a higher price. Fast forward again and look who is the official ticket outlet for the Skins now…Stubhub!! Why, so that DS can sell his unused seats on there and oh by the way guess who is buying them??? Funny thing we didn’t get any of those emails after the Skins beat the Cowboys and Eagles on the road???
If you look at Stubhub right now the Steelers have 372 listings for seats to their next game vs. the Colts. We have a whooping 1165 listings(get ready for alot of blue on Nov 16th)…I would love to know the number of those that come from the Skins???

Mr. Snyder I pay $900 for my tickets now, I’m not about to pay $440 more to move down 5 rows. But here’s something that may surprise you I will pay $1100 more to move to the lower level!!! But you would rather hold out on to those seats to make more money!! Well last night you saw the results when you and few season tickets holder decide to “make a little money” !!

I always hear about this waiting list…truth is anyone who wants tickets can call the Redskins ticket office today and get them!! You will pay, but you can get them. Yet there continues to be a waiting list a mile long, am I the only one that can’t understand this???

If Dan Snyder wants Redskins fans in his seats… THEN HE NEEDS TO SELL THEM TO REDSKINS FANS WITHOUT ALL THE STRINGS ATTACHED!!!

I never realized that you had to pay extra to be upgraded. I just assumed that as your name came off the waiting list you got the back row, and everyone with season tickets already had the option to upgrade to better seats to back-fill the season ticket holders who gave up their seats. If your new seats cost more because of the better location then so be it, you didn't have to move. But charging a fee above and beyond the ticket price to upgrade is despicable. No wonder we don't have the best and oldest fans in the lower bowl seats.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:10 pm

SkinsChic wrote:I have never in my life seen a showing of the other team as I did last night. I will not have a voice for another week, so you know I did not let up one second. As a matter of fact I actually had a Steelers fan behind me tap me on the shoulder toward the end of the game and say I have never seen a more dedicated fan. I refused to give up and stop cheering on our Skins. It is pathetic that other "fans" give up their tickets or actually BRING FANS OF THE OPPOSING TEAM WITH THEM TO THE GAME. My tickets would sit in my nightstand drawer before I would ever give them to an opposing team fan - economy or no economy - THAT'S BS!! I was so embarrassed by our "so called fans" last night. Absolutely disgusting.

That's exactly how I feel and it's probably the only way I could state how I felt/feel without having to go in smack.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:17 pm

Jake wrote:
SkinsChic wrote:I have never in my life seen a showing of the other team as I did last night. I will not have a voice for another week, so you know I did not let up one second. As a matter of fact I actually had a Steelers fan behind me tap me on the shoulder toward the end of the game and say I have never seen a more dedicated fan. I refused to give up and stop cheering on our Skins. It is pathetic that other "fans" give up their tickets or actually BRING FANS OF THE OPPOSING TEAM WITH THEM TO THE GAME. My tickets would sit in my nightstand drawer before I would ever give them to an opposing team fan - economy or no economy - THAT'S BS!! I was so embarrassed by our "so called fans" last night. Absolutely disgusting.

That's exactly how I feel and it's probably the only way I could state how I felt/feel without having to go in smack.

So when my brother (Giants fan) and I (Redskins fan) go to a game together, then I'm pathetic as well? I think that's too broad of a generalization. I realize that teh crowd was at the very least non-supportive, but "disgusted" and "pathetic" is kinda strong.

What actually bothers me more is the "fans" who change their opinion more than the weather. (this comment is defintely not towards either of you; it's pretty common knowledge who these people are).
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Junior Hog

Re: Our fans suck - 2nd post in as many years

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I posted this last year when I attended the Bears game, and I'll say it again. How do the F-ing Steelers have more fans at the game then we do, and if they didn't, how are they louder?????

Our fans are pathetic. Why does anyone sell the visiting team tickets? Come on guys. Eat the cost if you can't go. Hell I'll buy them and eat it while watching in Chicago.

I'm again ashamed of being a fan. I knew the feeling of being proud of our fan base wouldn't last for a whole season. Not with this crew.

Very little noise that whole game. Just flat out embarassing seeing all those towels.

FIRST, I WAS AT THE GAME. Second, there was no way the Steelers fans were louder than the Skins fans. That had some thing to do with the fact that for every Steelers fan there was 4 or 5 Skins fans. Yes, I know that still comes out to over 15000 Steelers fans. I actually thought that there would be a bigger turn out of PBurg fans. I told a friend of mine that I expected 25-30000 to show up.

That being said it was an awful display of Skins fans not showing up to support their team.

There were a lot more than 15,000 there. Trust me. It had to be half of the stadium. At least.

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Jake wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I posted this last year when I attended the Bears game, and I'll say it again. How do the F-ing Steelers have more fans at the game then we do, and if they didn't, how are they louder?????

Our fans are pathetic. Why does anyone sell the visiting team tickets? Come on guys. Eat the cost if you can't go. Hell I'll buy them and eat it while watching in Chicago.

I'm again ashamed of being a fan. I knew the feeling of being proud of our fan base wouldn't last for a whole season. Not with this crew.

Very little noise that whole game. Just flat out embarassing seeing all those towels.

FIRST, I WAS AT THE GAME. Second, there was no way the Steelers fans were louder than the Skins fans. That had some thing to do with the fact that for every Steelers fan there was 4 or 5 Skins fans. Yes, I know that still comes out to over 15000 Steelers fans. I actually thought that there would be a bigger turn out of PBurg fans. I told a friend of mine that I expected 25-30000 to show up.

That being said it was an awful display of Skins fans not showing up to support their team.

There were a lot more than 15,000 there. Trust me. It had to be half of the stadium. At least.

I wouldn't say half Jake??? But there were way more than 15000...I'd place my bet around 22000
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:40 pm

"We had to go silent at least a couple of times," one veteran player said. "It was loud down there, espeicially on third down. I never seen anything like that, at home, with 90,000 people there. It seemed like they had more fans than we did. That was sad. They had guys like Troy [Polamalu] raising his arms on third down and all these people are yelling and screaming for the Steelers. It was pretty sad, man."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:40 pm

DEHog wrote:
Jake wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:

I wouldn't say half Jake??? But there were way more than 15000...I'd place my bet around 22000

15,000, 22,000, or half... they made a difference and that bad taste will stick with me for a long time.

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Anybody here think that if the game had been in P-burgh that 1/4 of the stadium would have been in B&G?

Didn't think so. Enough said.
Last edited by Countertrey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football