Find Waldo....? No, Find Landry.......

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Find Waldo....? No, Find Landry.......

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Laron is the only player not accounted for at OTAs. I really like that kid too......

"I think it's disappointing to his teammates as well," Zorn said. "But he's going to be ready. I fully expect him to be ready in training camp and go hard and have a great year. I'm not as concerned about him missing as just being a part of what his teammates are doing and the kind of stuff we're trying to implement here. He's going to be set back a little bit because of maybe a new concept here or there, but he's a tremendous athlete, and I think he'll be a good teammate."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh no, time for fans to overreact to a player not attending voluntary OTA's. OMG HE'S NOT A TEAM PLAYER. It must be those selfish "U" players turning him bad. OMG, he's such a thug.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 pm

These guys make RIDICULOUS amounts of money ESPECIALLY Landry; for him to not show is simply disrespectfull to the team, its fans and his teammates, its immature and disrespectfull but he doesn't care, you would hope he'd take a leadership role and be that example but the example he is setting is poor. Very poor.

Over-reaction or not ABOVE is the truth.
HAIL

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:06 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:These guys make RIDICULOUS amounts of money ESPECIALLY Landry; for him to not show is simply disrespectfull to the team, its fans and his teammates, its immature and disrespectfull but he doesn't care, you would hope he'd take a leadership role and be that example but the example he is setting is poor. Very poor.

Yeah it is an overreaction. The only fault I find is that he hasn't reached out to the coaching staff, that's it. That is immature.

But the inevitable comments about him being a team cancer and all that other crap is just ludicrous and fan whining. Nobody will even care once the season starts and he's out there being a beast.

Make the workouts MANDATORY if you want the players here.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:These guys make RIDICULOUS amounts of money ESPECIALLY Landry; for him to not show is simply disrespectfull to the team, its fans and his teammates, its immature and disrespectfull but he doesn't care, you would hope he'd take a leadership role and be that example but the example he is setting is poor. Very poor.

Yeah it is an overreaction. The only fault I find is that he hasn't reached out to the coaching staff, that's it. That is immature.

But the inevitable comments about him being a team cancer and all that other crap is just ludicrous and fan whining. Nobody will even care once the season starts and he's out there being a beast.

Make the workouts MANDATORY if you want the players here.

Well Chris remember they cut JT for not wanting to workout :wink:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:19 pm

WTH ever...I don't care what happens at VOLUNTARY OTA. The defense isn't changing and I don't really think it's a big deal.

THE ABOVE IS THE TRUTH.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:57 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:WTH ever...I don't care what happens at VOLUNTARY OTA. The defense isn't changing and I don't really think it's a big deal.

THE ABOVE IS THE TRUTH.

"You can't handle the truth!"
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 pm

And the truth has a well known liberal bias.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby yupchagee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Oh no, time for fans to overreact to a player not attending voluntary OTA's. OMG HE'S NOT A TEAM PLAYER. It must be those selfish "U" players turning him bad. OMG, he's such a thug.

Um, didn't Landry attend LSU :?:
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:00 pm

So there is no problem with a guy putting himself above the rest of team, being the only player not participating?

I thought we were rid of all the selfishness when Springs and JT hit the road
HAIL

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Voluntary, schmoluntary.

Yes, by the letter of the CBA, players don't have to be here.

But, they kinda should be here. The more high-profile you are, the more you really kinda should be here.

It's not wrong to skip, but it's bad.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 am

Landry has seemed to me to become more withdrawn ever since Sean Taylor's death. (The two things may not be related, though.) I'd be willing to be that he's the most private player on the team.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 am

yupchagee wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Oh no, time for fans to overreact to a player not attending voluntary OTA's. OMG HE'S NOT A TEAM PLAYER. It must be those selfish "U" players turning him bad. OMG, he's such a thug.

Um, didn't Landry attend LSU :?:
Read ALL words in the post...
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:52 am

In a way Landry will always be in Sean Taylor's shadow. Thank God we drafted LaRon or we would to this day have no chance (see Reed Doughty)

I think probably the biggest travesty in sports was that season capped off by LaRon giving an ALL PRO performance in the playoffs as a rookie just to have our offense fail us (and I think Reed D. wasn't he on hackett for that nail in the coffin td?)

LaRon needs to be back with his team. Only bad things can come from him missing.
HAIL

Hog

Postby (d)oink » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:35 am

IMO Laron could use the practice.
What the....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football