****THN Fantasy Football League****

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'm rolln w rgiii helu Davis Garçon gano and was D! Watch out now, that's for sure Victory!

Lol is our draft 15 rounds lpj? Everyone just adds depth where they like/ best power available type of thing?

Yea pretty much.. here's the thing though, I'm currently evaluating the number of bench players and I may reduce it. That way people aren't just "stacking" best available.

You've gotta have a fairly deep bench, or else there is too much player turnover due to bye weeks.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:37 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'm rolln w rgiii helu Davis Garçon gano and was D! Watch out now, that's for sure Victory!

Lol is our draft 15 rounds lpj? Everyone just adds depth where they like/ best power available type of thing?

You can pick all kickers if you want.
Some people go for depth before filling out their starting lineup.
Some people get all their starters first then go for depth.
Some people blame autopick for taking Romo.
Some people have to learn.
Some people wait there turn.
Some people but not me ...

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Yea pretty much.. here's the thing though, I'm currently evaluating the number of bench players and I may reduce it. That way people aren't just "stacking" best available.

You've gotta have a fairly deep bench, or else there is too much player turnover due to bye weeks.

Definitely will have 1 spot for RB/WR/QB/TE.. that's 4 essential positions. 1 more bench spot for whatever you want.. keep in mind there are no waivers so you can add/drop accordingly.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 pm

The standard yahoo! leagues have 6 bench positions. With 3 IDPs I suggest we have 7 bench positions. If we have too few bench players then too many good players will be FAs. If we have too many bench players then the waiver wire will be empty. Let's just use default +1 since we have IDPs.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:49 pm

That's way too many, Darth. In my league, there are 7 offense, 7 defense, 1 kicker, and 5 bench. 1/4 bench is plenty.I think we should have just as many IDPs as offensive players, and their fantasy scoring should be adjusted so that they score just like offensive players. That makes it more like real football, where offense and defense are equal partners in the team. Also, I would can the team defense all together.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:51 am

Deadskins wrote:That's way too many, Darth. In my league, there are 7 offense, 7 defense, 1 kicker, and 5 bench. 1/4 bench is plenty.I think we should have just as many IDPs as offensive players, and their fantasy scoring should be adjusted so that they score just like offensive players. That makes it more like real football, where offense and defense are equal partners in the team. Also, I would can the team defense all together.

I can live with 5 on the bench but that will put less of a premium on the draft. The fewer subs, the more stocked the waiver wire, and the easier it is to find hole fillers. That is both good and bad.

The way LPJ has it set up we'll need things like 3 points per tackle to make the scoring anywhere near what an offensive player can do. Just sayin'. As it is now, good IDPs average 8 to 10 points a game. QBs will get 50 regularly. We may see a QB have a 100 point day. Studs at other positions should score 25 quite often.

I liked 5 IDPs. Seemed like the right number.

How many were on the bench last year? I think it was 8. It made hitting the waiver wire an art form - perhaps too much so with 14 teams. I still like 7.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 am

Hang on a second, DS are you really saying you need a bench spot for a damn IDP bro????? Really man????

The main reason for dropping the bench number is so that THERE ARE still good FAs out there in case one of our players get hurt. Aren't ya'll tired of people just collecting players on their bench and sometimes never using them?

As for the number of IDPs, more people were for less IDPs than keeping it the same and definitely against adding more than 5. I won't call names, ya'll know das not what I do but I think 3 is still good cause you get LB and DB and also the option of whoever else you want.

You guys honestly really want more bench players? That's so crazy to me!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 am

No, I'm saying that a fourth of the total roster should be bench. Yeah, and a lot of these guys would rather not have any IDPs at all. If we're going to play with IDPs, then we should do it all the way. And yes, Darth, 3 points for a solo tackle and 1 for an assist.

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 am

Deadskins wrote:No, I'm saying that a fourth of the total roster should be bench. Yeah, and a lot of these guys would rather not have any IDPs at all. If we're going to play with IDPs, then we should do it all the way. And yes, Darth, 3 points for a solo tackle and 1 for an assist.

You do know I went to PG county schools right? Just tell me exactly how many bench players is that will ya? LOL

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 am

Hey, I'm gonna create a poll in the league about the bench players... everyone who's playing please stop by and vote so we can get this squared away ASAP. (hate making changes last minute)

If you don't vote, how da heck will I know? LOL

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:41 am

Why would you want D players to score the same as O players DS?

These IDP's are already out of control as it is.

Smaller the bench, more fun the league.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:45 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Why would you want D players to score the same as O players DS?

These IDP's are already out of control as it is.

Because I consider defense to be an equal part of the game of football. It might even be greater, since defense wins championships.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:No, I'm saying that a fourth of the total roster should be bench. Yeah, and a lot of these guys would rather not have any IDPs at all. If we're going to play with IDPs, then we should do it all the way. And yes, Darth, 3 points for a solo tackle and 1 for an assist.

You do know I went to PG county schools right? Just tell me exactly how many bench players is that will ya? LOL

It depends on how many starters you will have. Take the number of starters and divide by 3. The result is the size of your bench.

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:50 am

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

It depends on how many starters you will have. Take the number of starters and divide by 3. The result is the size of your bench.

Oh so you want 4 than.. I can dig it bro, that's why I went with 5 just to throw an extra in it.

AGAIN MY FRIENDS, THERE ARE NO WAIVERS AND THERE'S UNLIMITED MOVES!!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:52 am

Surely its a case of the smaller the bench the more skillful a game it is....?
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to General Manager's Office