****THN Fantasy Football League****

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:54 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Surely its a case of the smaller the bench the more skillful a game it is....?


I think that's what DS and I are trying to accomplish my friend.

The case last year was we had plenty of bench and players were just being added and not used. So if someone had an injured player and tried to get someone else, you'd find there was nobody available.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:57 am

The problem is last year if you needed a player on either side of the ball you were screwed.

I personally can't stand IDP's but I've adjusted.

BTW DS, defense doesn't win championships anymore.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:00 am

ATX_Skins wrote:The problem is last year if you needed a player on either side of the ball you were screwed.

I personally can't stand IDP's but I've adjusted.

BTW DS, defense doesn't win championships anymore.


You don't think the Giants defense played a major part in both their wins over the Pats? I understand a couple lucky offensive plays but they were able to "somewhat" control Brady and that itself is HUGE
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16163
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:09 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:The problem is last year if you needed a player on either side of the ball you were screwed.

I personally can't stand IDP's but I've adjusted.

BTW DS, defense doesn't win championships anymore.


You don't think the Giants defense played a major part in both their wins over the Pats? I understand a couple lucky offensive plays but they were able to "somewhat" control Brady and that itself is HUGE

Exactly! If the Patsies defense was as good, they would have won both games. Defense still wins championships. Always has, always will. And it's funny that you hate IDPs but are so proud of your new avatar.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

Deadskins wrote:And it's funny that you hate IDPs but are so proud of your new avatar.


OH WOW, THAT ONE HAD TO STING!!!!!

<--- crackin up

This season is gonna be AWESOME!!! I can't wait!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:21 am

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:The problem is last year if you needed a player on either side of the ball you were screwed.

I personally can't stand IDP's but I've adjusted.

BTW DS, defense doesn't win championships anymore.


You don't think the Giants defense played a major part in both their wins over the Pats? I understand a couple lucky offensive plays but they were able to "somewhat" control Brady and that itself is HUGE

Exactly! If the Patsies defense was as good, they would have won both games. Defense still wins championships. Always has, always will. And it's funny that you hate IDPs but are so proud of your new avatar.


I just remember back to how simple and fun fantasy football was at first. everyone had a chance to win every week. It's gotten complicated in the last two years or so with all the additions.

I love defense don't get me wrong. The Pats would have won if Welker caught that ball, and yall would be singin a different tune.

I'm also very proud of my new avatar! Kerrigan is a beast.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am

ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:The problem is last year if you needed a player on either side of the ball you were screwed.

I personally can't stand IDP's but I've adjusted.

BTW DS, defense doesn't win championships anymore.


You don't think the Giants defense played a major part in both their wins over the Pats? I understand a couple lucky offensive plays but they were able to "somewhat" control Brady and that itself is HUGE

Exactly! If the Patsies defense was as good, they would have won both games. Defense still wins championships. Always has, always will. And it's funny that you hate IDPs but are so proud of your new avatar.


I just remember back to how simple and fun fantasy football was at first. everyone had a chance to win every week. It's gotten complicated in the last two years or so with all the additions.

I love defense don't get me wrong. The Pats would have won if Welker caught that ball, and yall would be singin a different tune.

I'm also very proud of my new avatar! Kerrigan is a beast.


You do know that IDPs have been in fantasy football since the beginning right?

To me its a very novice league just having offense and defenses when IDPs do so much for the game and should get their proper appreication. IMO.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:The problem is last year if you needed a player on either side of the ball you were screwed.

I personally can't stand IDP's but I've adjusted.

BTW DS, defense doesn't win championships anymore.


You don't think the Giants defense played a major part in both their wins over the Pats? I understand a couple lucky offensive plays but they were able to "somewhat" control Brady and that itself is HUGE

Exactly! If the Patsies defense was as good, they would have won both games. Defense still wins championships. Always has, always will. And it's funny that you hate IDPs but are so proud of your new avatar.


I just remember back to how simple and fun fantasy football was at first. everyone had a chance to win every week. It's gotten complicated in the last two years or so with all the additions.

I love defense don't get me wrong. The Pats would have won if Welker caught that ball, and yall would be singin a different tune.

I'm also very proud of my new avatar! Kerrigan is a beast.


You do know that IDPs have been in fantasy football since the beginning right?

To me its a very novice league just having offense and defenses when IDPs do so much for the game and should get their proper appreication. IMO.


You do know that I am always right don't you? :wink:
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16163
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:To me its a very novice league just having offense and defenses when IDPs do so much for the game and should get their proper appreication. IMO.

Well then why are you cutting the number down?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:37 am

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:To me its a very novice league just having offense and defenses when IDPs do so much for the game and should get their proper appreication. IMO.

Well then why are you cutting the number down?


To accommodate the people who couldn't handle it. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16163
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:To me its a very novice league just having offense and defenses when IDPs do so much for the game and should get their proper appreication. IMO.

Well then why are you cutting the number down?


To accommodate the people who couldn't handle it. :lol:

You should cut them, not the IDPs. :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm

I will adjust to whatever you guys want to do. I would just like to have a better free agency pool in case of injuries etc...
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:34 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I will adjust to whatever you guys want to do. I would just like to have a better free agency pool in case of injuries etc...


So you too are in agreement with less bench players.

Good, thanks for letting me know.. I think 5 is the best number to go with.

Just make sure you guys draft accordingly because emphasis is now on how you draft unlike the previous seasons.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4654
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Someone tell me Wtf IDP stands for? Sob
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Someone tell me Wtf IDP stands for? Sob


Individual Defensive Players

So basically not just defenses alone we're working with but also defensive players.

1- LB
1- DB
1- Defensive Flex meaning you can use a LB, DB or even a DL if you'd like.

Trust me bro, once you do a league with IDPs, going back to novice leagues are a total buzzkill.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to General Manager's Office