Caps Today - The Joy of Victory

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Today - The Joy of Victory

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 am

Today’s Storyline

Drawing up a win – As the Capitals outskated the defending President’s Trophy winners early in last night’s game, the San Jose Sharks steadily wore down a path to the penalty box. Washington only scored once on its five first-period power plays, but a tone for the evening was set as the Capitals continued to draw penalties – they were prepared to work hard for their first win against the Sharks in 12 tries. Washington produced highlight-reel goals – including the fastest pair of goals in Alex Ovechkin’s career – but it all stemmed from a solid, 60-minute work ethic that was evident from the start.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:45 am

I know it's early and we've seen new line combos have momentary success -- but I'm liking the Knuble-Morrison-Ovie line.

Ovie can play with anyone. I think it'll take a little more time for Semin and Backstrom to get used to playing on a line with Laich.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:50 am

Knuble seemed a natural fit for Ovie since he's the kind of guy who likes to camp in the goalie's hip pocket. With Ovie drawing the attention of the defenders it opens up Knuble to camp out and tuck away rebounds.

I'm pleasently surprised by Morrison. It's not that I didn't expect him to do well; I just didn't expect him to do so well right out of the gate!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Washington Sports Teams