Postgame Discussion: Redskins vs Eagles

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postgame Discussion: Redskins vs Eagles

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 am

Dissect and diagnose here. . .

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am

I got to the game late....a few thoughts.

1. Did Snyder really get booed at the start of the game? LOL

2. Obstructed view seats are HORRIBLE and kills the atmosphere of the game. It's like watching from home. You DONT EVEN GET ARM RESTS!

3. Eagles fans were everywhere, I now know their fight song. LOL They were pretty cool and respectable.

4. LOL @ the game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby roybus14 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

The problems with the offense are obvious, the OLine but here's a few of things that I want to point concerning the passing game.

1. JC is digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole. By NFL average for time in service, he's a veteran or close to it, but yet Jaws and Gruden were talking about how bad his foot work is and how uncomfortable he looks in the pocket. Those things should not be a problem for a guy with 3 years as a starter under his belt. This is not a Patrick Ramsey situation where he doesn't have any protection at all. He has had some plus he can move too.

2. As 3 year starter, he's got to recognize when the CB bit on his pump fake and stayed with Santana. Had he stayed with Santana on that play, Santana jogs in for an easy score.

3. Is it the route design or the ball late as to why we don't get alot of YAC. I see other teams hitting their receivers and they seem to get alot of YAC.

4. The pass pro is non-existence, so why not call or design plays to compensate for that to buy JC a little more time. I think the "Bingo Smalls" called a good game last night, keeping the Eagles off-balance a few times but it comes down to execution and will.

I'm been a JC supporter for the pass few seasons. I've maintained that it's hard for any QB to go through so many systems. But, JC has had QB experience in this league in terms of the fundamentals and he should be able to make alot if not all of the throws he does get to make. He, IMO, has become his own worst enemy in alot of ways by trying to be "Peter Perfect" at that position and play the way Zorn wants a smaller QB to...
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:32 am

roybus14 wrote: Those things should not be a problem for a guy with 3 years as a starter under his belt. This is not a Patrick Ramsey situation where he doesn't have any protection at all. He has had some plus he can move too.

Been saying this since forever, there are SOME THINGS THAT SHOULD IMPROVE REGARDLESS OF THE OLINE. But they haven't... HE IS A PROBLEM.

roybus14 wrote:3. Is it the route design or the ball late as to why we don't get alot of YAC. I see other teams hitting their receivers and they seem to get alot of YAC.

He doesn't hit them in stride, he's throwing behind and or high. He's indecisive and tipping defensive players off to where he's going.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 am

JC is backup material. He has never been, is not and will not be a franchise QB.

End of story.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I don't know I he got booed a the beginning, but halfway through the third fans in my section turned to the owners box and started chanted "Snyder sucks."
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

cappster

Postby Cappster » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:39 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:JC is backup material. He has never been, is not and will not be a franchise QB.

End of story.

That pretty much sums it up. I had hope at the beginning of the year, but 7 games in, I realize he isn't what I hoped he would be.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

piglet

Postby kingfish51 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am

Redskin in Canada wrote:JC is backup material. He has never been, is not and will not be a franchise QB.

End of story.

I wouldn't even have him as a backup. He still plays like a rookie and as a backup, you want someone who has the experience and knowledge to lead a team when it's starter goes down and JC has neither.
Snyder must go

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:48 am

Cappster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I don't know I he got booed a the beginning, but halfway through the third fans in my section turned to the owners box and started chanted "Snyder sucks."

I heard that when his name was mentioned at the start or during pre-game he was booed. Wish I could have been there to chime in. I was chanting snyder sucks from my obstructed view seats... Worst seats in the building. It's not even the obstruction, the whole area takes u out of the atmosphere of the game.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 am

Playcalling was better, but still some boneheaded calls. 3rd and long and you inside screen to Sellers? Come on now.

Rogers got emabarrassed on that TD. I couldn't tell if Horton was supposed to be back there (cover 1, 2, 3), but Rogers owes an apology to the defense. FYI, that was the SECOND time Jackson was open on that route; McNubb missed him the 1st time.

Defensive line is doing their job. Blache is not. You don't win without pressure SOMEWHERE... no real blitzing and no pressure (man to man, bump and run) from the secondary. Blache is playing not to lose, he's not playing to win. Philly knows how to blitz and that's how the Raiders beat 'em last week. Obviously Oakland didn't let us watch and defensive game tape, b/c we didn't do ANYTHING they did.

JC doesn't trust his line. He needs to be benched b/c he's not going to get any better with the band aids we've been forced to use, and not that Colley's likely gone for the year, it's one step worse.

Fred and Devin can catch the ball, now, can Fred block.

We ran CP 14x...'nuff said.

Betts as a 3rd down back is not in our best interest. I'd use CP as a 3rd down back and make Betts starter b4 I would do what they're doing now.

Our offense is done. Activate Woodson and sit JC...it can't get much worse, really. Maybe Woodson can get a spark.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby thedcnative » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 am

When your quarterback is dropped 6 times...when you can't score 20 points...when you allow one man (DeShawn Jackson) to own an otherwise solid defensive corps...ladies and gents, we've got some problems.
Yes, Virgina, you can be a "real fan" and protest against the front office.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Just got back to Chicago from the game last night. I didn't hear any boo's or chants. I had great seats (50 yard line 17 rows back) so that was cool. Went on the field beforehand and shook Carl Lewis's hand. Man that guy is a lot taller than I imagined.

Anyway, the game, it sucked. I was heckling Eagle fans the entire game, so that was fun, but we clearly need an overhaul. The team plays with no emotion. It's not even fun to watch anymore.

One thing I heard this morning on my drive to the airport, is that an outside firm estimated that team sales are down 47% since the start of the season. Of course the FO denies it and says that its only down 13% and it's due to the economy, but if it's truly down 47%....Snyder's got to be getting the message.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I got to the game late....a few thoughts.

2. Obstructed view seats are HORRIBLE and kills the atmosphere of the game. It's like watching from home. You DONT EVEN GET ARM RESTS!

Yes Snyder go booed!!!

I don't like my obstructed view seat either...I haven't seen our offense all season :wink:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 pm

roybus14 wrote:This is not a Patrick Ramsey situation where he doesn't have any protection at all. He has had some plus he can move too.

Seriously? I think Ramsey had Chris Samuels guarding his blind side and Jon Jansen on the right. Who does Campbell have exactly?

Campbell says he was playing on a bad foot last night too so he couldn't scramble or whatever. Seems like if that was the case, he should have stepped aside and let Collins play.

I agree with the premise though. JC has been playing long enough now that we should be seeing something more from him - even if he is playing behind a terrible o-line.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Rogers got emabarrassed on that TD. I couldn't tell if Horton was supposed to be back there (cover 1, 2, 3), but Rogers owes an apology to the defense.

That was Horton all the way. That was a 2 deep zone... Horton bit big time on a pump fake to the right side. Carlos was expecting help deep... there was none.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football