Official Post Game Discussion- Skins/Broncos

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Thanks for the info. Hopefully he can continue to develop into at least a decent OLman so he's not a complete bust.

The GREAT news was Levi Jones. He made a HUGE difference. :shock:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 pm

This is the first time this year I can say I was pleased with the performance of the team. Granted, the secondary spotted the Broncos some points, but the offense wasn't that offensive. It's nice to see Kelly, Thomas, and Davis finally make an impact in the game. Thomas fighting for those yards was pretty awesome to watch. Finally, we saw some fire in the team and some pride in the individuals playing.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Countertrey wrote:This simply makes me more frustrated. Look at the teams they have lost to.

Yet... They can beat a top tier team like Denver, in a relatively convincing manner????

Well, let me TRY to explain my theory ...

Can you imagine how much better this team would be with a DOMINANT OL ??? What a difference Levi Jones made. Wow. :shock:

The right side of the line is still in trouble though. :cry: But each piece helps.

Jason Campbell was the same mediocre QB HIMSELF making some throws only to be followed by horrible misthrows and overthrows. He is totally inconsistent.

Horrendous coverage by the secondary. I hate that prevent defense from Greg Blache. We were lucky Orton was out. Simms was nowhere as effective as Orton and he was playing just as inaccurately as Jason.

Braylon Edwards is a beast. Orakpo is an elite DE for God's sake !!!

The BIGGEST difference??? We had a TEAM which came to play with heart and determination the full four quarters.

What have I been saying? I've said countless times that our 1st round picks have killed this team ... Campbell, Rogers, and now it's safe to say Landry is yet ANOTHER liability.

Campbell misses a wide open Moss for a TD (Surprise), Rogers looks like an idiot (7 points), and Landry tries to jump a rout (7 points). Without those three clowns, the final score could have been 31-3 (if you don't capitalize on the other terrible throws from Jason "no throw" Campbell.

This team is not a bad team. They just have three really mediocre players that should be the strength of the team.

I love that Blache benched block head ... now we need somebody on the o-side to REALIZE how inept Campbell is.

But thanks to the D-line and the O-line and the inspired play of Betts, and the youngsters (Thomas and Kelly) for some pretty darned good play.

If we had a QB ... I'd be all over the 7-0 or we don't go ... but alas, we don't.

Bench Campbell, Rogers, and stick a foot a yard up Landry's butt, and we might be respectable from here on out.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:38 pm

I don't think we would have won today if Collins is in the game. Ray, just be happy we won.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:42 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I don't think we would have won today if Collins is in the game. Ray, just be happy we won.
=D> :celebrate:

HTTR
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

swine

Postby amadkins » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Betts > Portis. Lorenzo Alexander is my new favorite Skin (until Fletcher rings somebody's bell again). Snyder still sucks and deserves to be boycotted.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:57 pm

The things that irk me about this team were still present today.

But, this week, they came with a tangible effort and grit and fight that ... if they showed that EVERY week, I wouldn't take the losses as poorly.

I'll take errors of comission over errors of omission every time.

But, well done, Redskins!

BTW, on that "put Portis on IR" comment -- take it one step further.

Put him to the curb.

DISCLAIMER: My praise and good mood today does not, in any way, mask or decrease the need for wide-reaching reform in how this organization does business.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Champsturf wrote:As far as the game goes, I was able to see parts of it. Kudos to the entire team, including the secondary, for playing for 60 minutes. The secondary was crap in the first quarter, but didn't let that stuff happen again (aside from that overthrow by Orton, which I think was in the 2nd quarter).

Campbell is still garbage...and our best option ON THE ROSTER.

2ndary got better when they bench Carloser 22.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

tribe

Re: Looks Like I was Wron

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:16 pm

bmitch30 wrote:Well folks, Looks like I was wrong, and I'm glad I was....I thought they would loose. If any of you caught my show on Friday, I was said they would and I have never felt better than I do now, to be proven wrong. Looks like I will finally, and it is about time, that I will have something positive to say on Monday.

Bmitch...we're all glad and singing praises right now. I hope we've turned a corner into some winning ways.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Cappster wrote:This is the first time this year I can say I was pleased with the performance of the team. Granted, the secondary spotted the Broncos some points, but the offense wasn't that offensive. It's nice to see Kelly, Thomas, and Davis finally make an impact in the game. Thomas fighting for those yards was pretty awesome to watch. Finally, we saw some fire in the team and some pride in the individuals playing.

Davis has been pretty good the last few games (can you say pro bowl potential in a few years???)
Thomas is showing his fire.
Kelley is still trying to get on the field...(once in a while)

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:30 pm

amadkins wrote:Betts > Portis. Lorenzo Alexander is my new favorite Skin (until Fletcher rings somebody's bell again). Snyder still sucks and deserves to be boycotted.

Zoe is a balls out player. Remember during pre-season back when he was trying to earn his spot. He ran to tackle a opponent WITHOUT his helmet.

That earned my respect bigtime. I think coaches kept him on the roster after seeing that too.......

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Good win.

What's up with all the tricky plays in Zorn's gameplan? Or was that Sherm's call?

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:42 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:The things that irk me about this team were still present today.

But, this week, they came with a tangible effort and grit and fight that ... if they showed that EVERY week, I wouldn't take the losses as poorly.

I'll take errors of comission over errors of omission every time.

But, well done, Redskins!

BTW, on that "put Portis on IR" comment -- take it one step further.

Put him to the curb.

DISCLAIMER: My praise and good mood today does not, in any way, mask or decrease the need for wide-reaching reform in how this organization does business.

Omission, commission.....you sound like a Preacher talking about Sins.

How about: Let's commit to omit Portis from the lineup if he doesn't practice on a daily basis.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:48 pm

RaynAustin wrote:
Bench Campbell, Rogers, and stick a foot a yard up Landry's butt, and we might be respectable from here on out.

Notice 2 of those mentioned are from Auburn. Let's stop taking draft picks from Auburn.

Heck, LL is from LSU and he suck too.... Why OH why did I buy that #30 jersey...!!??

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Our LB's are bad ass. Macintosh is playing lights out, and I am so fired up about RAK. D-line played OK today...gave up too many big rushes. O-line played outstanding against a fairly good D...pass-pro was excellent. Davis and Yoder played well. Thomas showed great effort and Randell el does so much away from the ball. Our secondary looked poor. Betts and Cartright should start the remainder of the season...push Portis to IR. Sellers played outstanding. Campbell played pretty poor. He was given a ton of time and consistantly overthrew or was off target to receivers.

Don't get caught sniffing the kitty litter. We still need a GM and an overhaul of this program.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football