Official Post Game Discussion- Skins/Broncos

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Given the Crackboy's poor performance today and the Skins good one, is it possible the Skins actually have a chance to win next week?

tribe
Posts: 6161
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:08 pm

grampi wrote:Given the Crackboy's poor performance today and the Skins good one, is it possible the Skins actually have a chance to win next week?


Of course grampi.... Any given Sunday.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:42 pm

Postby fredp45 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 pm

I absolutely agree, the Oline and Betts/Rock did great today...but the one thing I noticed that really stood out was our hard hitting and hustle...we haven't seen the Skins out hit anybody for quite awhile. Alexander had 2 huge hits, one causing a fumble, the other causing LaMont Jordan to wonder what city he was in.

For those who didn't see the game -- our first series, JC looked great. He took us down the field with 5-15 yard gains, and threw a TD to Yoder. It was one of the better drives of the season. The interesting part of that drive? Our 3 "Stars" -- Moss, Portis and Cooley made no plays...while Moss was in the game, he didn't make one catch in the drive. In fact, he wasn't really a factor today. Of course, Portis and Cooley were on the sidelines.

While I think Moss adds to our team, I'd trade Cooley for an early pick (maybe an early 2nd rounder so we can stockpile Olinemen). We have Davis and he can learn to block a little better and do what we need there, and is younger. I really believe having 2 quality TEs is a luxary, a luxary the Skins can't afford - consdering our other issues.

I'd also get whatever I can for Portis. Betts, Rock and the new guy, Quentin whatever, did a super job today. Quentin picked up the blitz on one play and virtually launched the DB...ala Portis. He then caught a screen and nearly knocked Dawkins out. Dawkins normally gets the best of one-on-one contact -- however, not this time! Dawkin's helmet only stayed on because of his chinstrap.

Wow, my SKins were macho today!

tribe
Posts: 6161
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:33 pm

fredp45 wrote:I absolutely agree, the Oline and Betts/Rock did great today...but the one thing I noticed that really stood out was our hard hitting and hustle...we haven't seen the Skins out hit anybody for quite awhile. Alexander had 2 huge hits, one causing a fumble, the other causing LaMont Jordan to wonder what city he was in.

For those who didn't see the game -- our first series, JC looked great. He took us down the field with 5-15 yard gains, and threw a TD to Yoder. It was one of the better drives of the season. The interesting part of that drive? Our 3 "Stars" -- Moss, Portis and Cooley made no plays...while Moss was in the game, he didn't make one catch in the drive. In fact, he wasn't really a factor today. Of course, Portis and Cooley were on the sidelines.

While I think Moss adds to our team, I'd trade Cooley for an early pick (maybe an early 2nd rounder so we can stockpile Olinemen). We have Davis and he can learn to block a little better and do what we need there, and is younger. I really believe having 2 quality TEs is a luxary, a luxary the Skins can't afford - consdering our other issues.

I'd also get whatever I can for Portis. Betts, Rock and the new guy, Quentin whatever, did a super job today. Quentin picked up the blitz on one play and virtually launched the DB...ala Portis. He then caught a screen and nearly knocked Dawkins out. Dawkins normally gets the best of one-on-one contact -- however, not this time! Dawkin's helmet only stayed on because of his chinstrap.

Wow, my SKins were macho today!


Yup, Ganther rocked Dawkins on that hit. But NO WAY on trading Cooley. I'd love for the Coolster to stay a Redskin for his entire career. Wouldn't that be COOL.....?
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**ch44
Posts: 2379
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:
fredp45 wrote:I absolutely agree, the Oline and Betts/Rock did great today...but the one thing I noticed that really stood out was our hard hitting and hustle...we haven't seen the Skins out hit anybody for quite awhile. Alexander had 2 huge hits, one causing a fumble, the other causing LaMont Jordan to wonder what city he was in.

For those who didn't see the game -- our first series, JC looked great. He took us down the field with 5-15 yard gains, and threw a TD to Yoder. It was one of the better drives of the season. The interesting part of that drive? Our 3 "Stars" -- Moss, Portis and Cooley made no plays...while Moss was in the game, he didn't make one catch in the drive. In fact, he wasn't really a factor today. Of course, Portis and Cooley were on the sidelines.

While I think Moss adds to our team, I'd trade Cooley for an early pick (maybe an early 2nd rounder so we can stockpile Olinemen). We have Davis and he can learn to block a little better and do what we need there, and is younger. I really believe having 2 quality TEs is a luxary, a luxary the Skins can't afford - consdering our other issues.

I'd also get whatever I can for Portis. Betts, Rock and the new guy, Quentin whatever, did a super job today. Quentin picked up the blitz on one play and virtually launched the DB...ala Portis. He then caught a screen and nearly knocked Dawkins out. Dawkins normally gets the best of one-on-one contact -- however, not this time! Dawkin's helmet only stayed on because of his chinstrap.

Wow, my SKins were macho today!


Yup, Ganther rocked Dawkins on that hit. But NO WAY on trading Cooley. I'd love for the Coolster to stay a Redskin for his entire career. Wouldn't that be COOL.....?


I agree, he's got a great attitude and he's definately a prototype skins player that should be retired as one
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

-------
Posts: 2947
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: Lanham, MD

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 pm

fredp45 wrote:For those who didn't see the game -- our first series, JC looked great. He took us down the field with 5-15 yard gains, and threw a TD to Yoder. It was one of the better drives of the season. The interesting part of that drive? Our 3 "Stars" -- Moss, Portis and Cooley made no plays...while Moss was in the game, he didn't make one catch in the drive. In fact, he wasn't really a factor today. Of course, Portis and Cooley were on the sidelines.

This was the one point I forgot to include in the other post. I'll plead guilty to having "Oh no, not ALREADY" thoughts when Denver scored in four plays.

But the way the Redskins responded and went right back down the field for the TD to Yoder showed more from this team than they've shown since September.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:09 am

I didn't get to watch the game but that run by Thomas shows what he can do. I've been saying for a long time now that these young guys are talented and that we AREN'T giving them enough chances to shine.

Awesome run by him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ATX
Posts: 3384
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:23 am

I hate doing this but the Broncos were on a 2 game slide before us. Orton got hurt and I'm not even sure if Simms completed a pass...

We are still a very bad football team. But man it feels good to get a win finally!
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Eldorado, Illinois

Postby so.il.SKINSFAN » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:11 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
fredp45 wrote:I absolutely agree, the Oline and Betts/Rock did great today...but the one thing I noticed that really stood out was our hard hitting and hustle...we haven't seen the Skins out hit anybody for quite awhile. Alexander had 2 huge hits, one causing a fumble, the other causing LaMont Jordan to wonder what city he was in.

For those who didn't see the game -- our first series, JC looked great. He took us down the field with 5-15 yard gains, and threw a TD to Yoder. It was one of the better drives of the season. The interesting part of that drive? Our 3 "Stars" -- Moss, Portis and Cooley made no plays...while Moss was in the game, he didn't make one catch in the drive. In fact, he wasn't really a factor today. Of course, Portis and Cooley were on the sidelines.

While I think Moss adds to our team, I'd trade Cooley for an early pick (maybe an early 2nd rounder so we can stockpile Olinemen). We have Davis and he can learn to block a little better and do what we need there, and is younger. I really believe having 2 quality TEs is a luxary, a luxary the Skins can't afford - consdering our other issues.

I'd also get whatever I can for Portis. Betts, Rock and the new guy, Quentin whatever, did a super job today. Quentin picked up the blitz on one play and virtually launched the DB...ala Portis. He then caught a screen and nearly knocked Dawkins out. Dawkins normally gets the best of one-on-one contact -- however, not this time! Dawkin's helmet only stayed on because of his chinstrap.

Wow, my SKins were macho today!


Yup, Ganther rocked Dawkins on that hit. But NO WAY on trading Cooley. I'd love for the Coolster to stay a Redskin for his entire career. Wouldn't that be COOL.....?


AMEN!! We can't get rid of Cooley.

I almost shed a tear today..my 9 yr old daughter said shes askin Santa for an Orakpo jersey for X-mas and her 6 yr old sister(always doing what big sister does) says she is too.

aka Sarcastic Hog
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:47 am
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby skinz74 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 am

I would like to toss some much needed credit to:

1. O-line played smash mouth football against a pretty stout (#3 defense?). They gave up 3 sacks, but there wasn't any real momentum to them IMHO. The run blocking was very well executed...Betts and Rock had holes all day. Game ball to the O-line.

2. The much maligned Campbell did not have a stellar day...but I saw him do some things today that have been missing most of his career...touch and pocket mobility. The play to (I think) Kelly on the sidelines was beautiful...a throw he would normally sail high and out of bounds. There were several times were he was flushed within the pocket...and they poof, the ball is floated to a RB/FB/TE for positive gain. While he did miss Moss for the TD and some other passes sailed on him...I think he is showing some improvement and hopefully a consistent running game and O-line play with bolster his confidence.

3. Ladell and Rock ran angry. Guess it shows that practice may not make perfect, but it does help you fit through the holes. I hope we continue to see this combo for the rest of the year and place Clinton on ice.

4. Danny Smith with another mind-bender. Although they could have really screwed the pooch calling that time-out...possibly tipping their hat. Kudos to Hunter and Big Mike for executing a great special teams play.

5. Orakpo is a man-child. Would love to see his hand in the dirt every down, though. I think we would have alot more sacks right now. Carter isn't doing too shabby, either. I'm smart enough to know that Big Al is working hard for his money.

6. Last but not least, Big Al. Showed guts going back on the field banged up...was nice to see that level of commitment from the big guy.

Great game...feels good to have positives that are easy to see...not ones that have to be plucked from a bucket of crap. HTTR...
<~~~~~Runs with scissors X
(_E=mc2_)

“This is where I'm most comfortable, ... This is my life, where I work. I'm definitely glad to be back.” #21

B-rad
Posts: 3049
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:46 am
Location: De La War

Postby brad7686 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I didn't get to watch the game but that run by Thomas shows what he can do. I've been saying for a long time now that these young guys are talented and that we AREN'T giving them enough chances to shine.

Awesome run by him.


Thomas is fast and physical, but he can't catch a cold. That's why he can't get on the field. Kelly is slow, but at least he has been displaying the hands he's supposed to have lately. I'd take Marko over both of them.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:53 am

brad7686 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I didn't get to watch the game but that run by Thomas shows what he can do. I've been saying for a long time now that these young guys are talented and that we AREN'T giving them enough chances to shine.

Awesome run by him.


Thomas is fast and physical, but he can't catch a cold. That's why he can't get on the field. Kelly is slow, but at least he has been displaying the hands he's supposed to have lately. I'd take Marko over both of them.


All of that is debatable... If you give a guy 2 chances per game to catch a pass and one of those passes are errant, that sir IS NOT fair shake.

If your QB CANNOT throw a fade route and thats the ONLY pass you through to Malcom and its way behind him, that's NOT a fair shake.


These guys have made mistakes, they have had their issues but neither have they been given ample playing time.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Diesel
Posts: 5511
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: Dover DE

Postby DEHog » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 am

Most have already pointed out all the good…Levi, Betts Orakpo…I want to also give a big ups to the fans,,,The 12th man showed up yesterday…I haven’t heard the stadium sound like that in a while. So to those of you who came out and cheered (and those you cheering at home, you’re no less of a fan!) thanks. Different feel at the game yesterday, the Skins dispensed many VP’s yesterday. I was ask a few times how my game day experience was going…As luck would have it I got an on-field pass and it was great to see the side lines lined with military personnel Kudos to Snyder for being on the sideline and mingling with them!! My point is I know we need some change and while I don’t always agree with our FO…I do think they get it. In speaking with one of the VP’s I told them I believe much good will come from this year. I told them it shouldn’t take this to get them to threat the fans better, but much is learned during times of adversity.

As for supporting our team…I’m glad there have been no protest, yea I saw some signs and Tees. I’m talking about things like Cleveland, I know the two fans who are organizing the walkout tonight. While I respect then I don’t agree…there are many things in life worth protesting…football ain’t one of them IMO. As I told those two the team is watching and taking names…I know because I’ve been supporting our team thought this thought time and yesterday they let us know how much they appreciate it…
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 741
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:54 am
Location: St Louis via Manassas, Va.

Postby USAFSkinFan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:41 am

Running game and short passing won this game... Campbell was even more inconsistent than usual but the running game kept them out of long yardage situations and it kept the pass rush at bay for the most part... that's really the only recipe for a win for this team... if we can't run the ball, all the other weaknesses show up...

Rogers is really really bad...
Hall is better but he's a worse tackler than I thought he was (at least he can catch)...
Landry continues to show lack of focus and smarts each week...
Orakpo and Carter are having fun competing with each other for sacks when they both get to rush the passer...

Hunter the punter, Hunter the holder, Hunter the runner, Hunter the passer, Hunter the jack of all trades...

Please tell me Zorn didn't really say, "we don't return well because we're trying to block punts"

Hog
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Postby grampi » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:56 am

ATX_Skins wrote:I hate doing this but the Broncos were on a 2 game slide before us. Orton got hurt and I'm not even sure if Simms completed a pass...

We are still a very bad football team. But man it feels good to get a win finally!


It sure would be nice if this very bad team could get a win against the Crackboys though, wouldn't it?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football