Caps Call-up 2008 First-Round Defenseman John Carlson

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Call-up 2008 First-Round Defenseman John Carlson

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:09 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – November 19, 2009

Capitals Recall John Carlson

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman John Carlson from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Carlson, 19, is a first-year pro who stands 6’3”, 208 pounds. The Natick , Mass. , native has played 17 games for Hershey and has one goal, nine assists and zero penalty minutes. His 10 points lead all Hershey blueliners and rank third among AHL rookie defensemen and his +14 rating is tied for the team lead with Karl Alzner.

Carlson joined Hershey last year after the completion of the OHL’s London Knights season where he had 16 goals and 60 assists in 59 junior games. He played in 16 Calder Cup playoff games for Hershey and had two goals and one assist as the Bears won the Calder Cup.

The Capitals selected Carlson in the first round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft with the 27th overall selection. Carlson, who is No. 74 with Washington , is eligible to make his NHL debut tomorrow night at Verizon Center when the Caps host Montreal . Carlson would be the first member of Washington ’s 2008 draft class to play in the NHL.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:30 am

Lets go Caps!!! San Jose having more points than us IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! More points and more wins!!!!

I can't remember the teams that were playing but did anyone catch the highlights with the fans fighting each other??? I believe the game was last night since I caught it this morning.

I found it!!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-68ToW1UFlw
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Lets go Caps!!! San Jose having more points than us IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! More points and more wins!!!!

I can't remember the teams that were playing but did anyone catch the highlights with the fans fighting each other??? I believe the game was last night since I caught it this morning.

I found it!!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-68ToW1UFlw

That's both funny and sad at the same time...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 pm

The worst part was that the one dude's girlfriend had to step in so he wouldn't get his butt kicked. LOL
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Sports Teams