Arenas

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Diesel

Arenas

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Suspended indefinitely
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:08 pm

People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Arenas is a moron. Its stupid to even do this in the first place, but then to laugh about it in front of cameras and say it was a joke is just dumb. I hope we cut him. Hopefully there is a clause in his contract that can get us out of paying him the rest of it. What a terrible mistake signing him. What a fall from grace this guy has had too. After he put together those 2 good seasons he was a fan favorite and arguably D.C.'s favorite athlete then the countless amount of knee operations and now this have killed his rep with the fans.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm

And then to make light of it before the game with Philly...what the hell was he thinking???
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby BeeGee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm

He's an idiot and he deserves whatever he gets.

1. He has guns in the locker room.
2. He shows no remorse about it and in fact, doesn't even think he did anything wrong.
3. He acts a fool before the Philly game, mocking the whole situation.
4. He name-drops David Stern as being "mean" in an interview.

He was asking for the hammer and didn't even know it. Some people play around too much and Arenas has a history of a guy that fits that description. He's the dude that doesn't get your request to be left alone until you've punched him in the eye. I honestly believe Stern takes it much much easier on him if he would've laid an apology and not gone through the shenanigans the last few days. So this idiot can charge it all to the game. $150,000+ per. Nice job.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Lock him up.
Back and better than ever!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:05 pm

seems a very good chance that this might cost him an awful lot of money :D
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 am

Here's my take on G.A.. he snapped because Shaq was doing his thing with his fiancee. That bringing the guns to work stuff cause of the kids was total garbage. Dude lost it, and the fact he did the gun pointing thing just shows he has some mental issues. I like the dude, he did a lot of stuff here in the community and he put up new poles/baskets/rims down Berry Farms so the Goodman League can continue, however he's lost it and really needs his head checked. As a Wizards fan I'm glad that he won't be here any longer and I hope he can get help, not just for the gun thing either but the drama involving his fiancee, Shaq, and the kids. I personally didn't want him on the team because he was injury proned so I'm not saying I'm glad he's gone just because of the recent events. I was hoping we could've gotten something for him in value a long time ago. ABE just wasn't looking at it that way I guess?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:00 pm

My only problem with Arenas was the allegation that he pointed his gun at another person. Loaded or supposedly unloaded, that's irresponsible behavior.

He has a right to own them, and should have the right to take them anywhere he wants.

I can understand the confusion over the recent changes to the DC gun laws, because they never made any sense to begin with.

Sure he violated DC gun laws. Yes, he may have even broken team rules, but as I said before, my problem is more with the reckless and irresponsible way he handled his gun. Any responsible gun owner knows the first two rules are:

a) Always treat a gun as if it were loaded.

b) Never point it at anything you aren't ready to kill or destroy.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:My only problem with Arenas was the allegation that he pointed his gun at another person. Loaded or supposedly unloaded, that's irresponsible behavior.

He has a right to own them, and should have the right to take them anywhere he wants.

I can understand the confusion over the recent changes to the DC gun laws, because they never made any sense to begin with.

Sure he violated DC gun laws. Yes, he may have even broken team rules, but as I said before, my problem is more with the reckless and irresponsible way he handled his gun. Any responsible gun owner knows the first two rules are:

a) Always treat a gun as if it were loaded.

b) Never point it at anything you aren't ready to kill or destroy.

I totally agree with you on this. I know Gilbert Arenas is a jokester and in this situation he may have been joking but still what he did was wrong.

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Arenas charged with felony gun possession

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Wash ... rge-011410

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Don't drop the soap, Gilbert.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America