Tebow, Bradford, McCoy and Clausen

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Tebow, Bradford, McCoy and Clausen

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Okay, the Skins don't have a pick left for any of these QB's. So unless we get at least a 2nd rounder in a trade before the draft, none of them will be coming to Washington. But, I have to say, watch this video and tell me, wouldn't you like Tebow or McCoy on this team? No offense to Bradford, but he's most likely going #1 anyway. Clausen is more pro ready, but, like bradford, he also seems a little too dry and serious. I can envision Tebow and McCoy as successful pro QB's. Watch all these videos and tell me what your impression of these young men is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/c ... id=5033690
Build through the draft!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Pike.. and it wouldn't cost us an early pick at all. That's all I have to say, God bless.

:D
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Pike.. and it wouldn't cost us an early pick at all. That's all I have to say, God bless.

Pike is interesting as well and would be good for another discussion. But did you watch the videos? Can you comment on them? I think they show some insight to what these guys are about.
Build through the draft!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:51 pm

fleetus wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Pike.. and it wouldn't cost us an early pick at all. That's all I have to say, God bless.

Pike is interesting as well and would be good for another discussion. But did you watch the videos? Can you comment on them? I think they show some insight to what these guys are about.

Honestly, nope.. dude I've seen everything I could possibly take on those guys. All the many discussions, stats, footage.. everything.. I'm kinda sick of these three dudes already. :lol: Now for the Skins, we got McNabb and I'm looking for NOW. Any one of these guys that we may possibly draft is not even a concern for me cause none of them will get playing time until much later. When that time comes, than I'll be all over it, but for now I'm concentrating on McNabb and the fact I'd rather we draft OL with all our dag gone picks.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
fleetus wrote:

Honestly, nope.. dude I've seen everything I could possibly take on those guys. All the many discussions, stats, footage.. everything.. I'm kinda sick of these three dudes already. :lol: Now for the Skins, we got McNabb and I'm looking for NOW. Any one of these guys that we may possibly draft is not even a concern for me cause none of them will get playing time until much later. When that time comes, than I'll be all over it, but for now I'm concentrating on McNabb and the fact I'd rather we draft OL with all our dag gone picks.

I'm not talking about the Skins drafting them. I'm talking about these 4 guys as portrayed in these videos. I come away with a strong positive feeling for Tebow and McCoy and a real luke warm feeling for Bradford and Clausen.
Build through the draft!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:13 am

I think that, over the long term, Tebow and McCoy will have a greater impact. They are both (but, especially Tebow) loaded with intangibles.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:22 am

I agree with you Fleetus.. I love their attitudes too, they seem like they have their minds on the prize ahead of them.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Tebow will make a great tight end in a year or two.
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Countertrey wrote:I think that, over the long term, Tebow and McCoy will have a greater impact. They are both (but, especially Tebow) loaded with intangibles.

The problem with Tebow is he's short on tangibles. I can hear the announcers. And it's another first down! Tebow didn't throw the ball, he didn't run for the first down, he didn't make a block, but everyone's patting him on the back! Clearly it was those intangibles that got this first down...

Not making fun of you Trey, just having some fun. :lol:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Bradford looks like he will become an excellent QB - I'm sure that Claussen and McCoy will be good QBs in the NFL but with both it is going to be important that they end up wth people that can get them both ready to play in the NFL - this is especially key for guys that play the QB position

HOWEVER, everyone that plays in the NFL should be as dedicated to being as good as they can be like this kid Tebow - he's probably going to make it just because he seems to apply himself so diligently to being great at what he does

not saying he's an instant success but I would be more surprised if he did not do well in the NFL than if he does become a good NFL QB :wink:
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby fleetus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:59 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:Tebow will make a great tight end in a year or two.

I would take that bet in a heartbeat.

Tebow will be, at a minimum, a 2nd string QB by year two. I think it is likely he'll be a starter by year three depending on the team. So if the Pats draft him, as many rumors suggest, I obviously don't expect him to beat out Brady. The only exception to his success is if he suffers some sort of career derailing injury or he's drafted by the Raiders (which is about as bad a career derailment you can suffer :lol: )

The kid has talent, has an arm and will work his butt off to perfect his technique. He's also won a few games here or there as a Qb and team leader.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:55 pm

I have a feeling McCoy will end up being the best of the bunch.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:26 am

I'm watching the Gruden NFL QB Camp and I will tell ya, I'm becoming more of a Tebow fan. This guy is just determined to succeed, and I believe he will.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:07 pm

The Hogster wrote:I'm watching the Gruden NFL QB Camp and I will tell ya, I'm becoming more of a Tebow fan. This guy is just determined to succeed, and I believe he will.

I think most of the FO types agree with this too - the fact that it is going to take time for him to get to the level both he and the FO types expect, is the mitigating factor

Bradford and McCoy in my estimation will not take very long to become very good QBs and I expect Bradford to be great - Claussen also is going to be a decent QB fairly quickly

Tebow is a bit of a project and it will take time - hopefully he goes to a franchise that can both work with him and help him become the very good QB he wants to be
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:08 pm

what if we pick dez bryant at 4?
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010