Caps Playoffs 2010

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Caps Playoffs 2010

Postby Sir_Monk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 am

Nice to see the team learned their lesson about not taking a lower seeded team for granted. Stanley Cup champions win because they play 60 minutes of hockey, something BB and this Caps team have yet to realize.
Last edited by Sir_Monk on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 am

Meh, we played our b game and I thought Montreal played their best and we still took it to overtime and had our shots to win it. Ovie's not going to be held without a shot until the third period very often and we won't hit halak in the chest 40 times every night. I fully expect to see a much different game tomorrow. If not, then I'll start to worry.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:00 am

...but I was sooooooooooooooooooo furious!!!!!

I went to the Green Turtle with $10 in my pocket and was drinking the $2.50 Bud Lights, feeling very good watching the game with a bunch of Caps fans. Saw a cute little lady with a Caps jersey and I sat next to her to watch the game. We gots to rappin and we scored to make it 2-1. She said oh good, now we just have to hold on. I quickly corrected her and said, nope, we need to score because we love letting opponents get back in the game. Now guys why did I say that... 2-2. I just knew we were done at that point. I also predicted if we make it to OT we'll lose cause that's what we do. I hate being right. :cry:

Now that I've slept it off my attitude is back to normal. Game 1 is in the past and our guys will make sure and come out on fire tomorrow. I'm with you JF, Ovie won't be shut out like that again and I think we'll see a better effort. At times it seemed like they were tired out there or something.

All good, LET'S GO CAPS! :D
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:05 am

:lol: @Monk..."That Was Fun"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:09 am

Ahhhh...

Typical Caps playoff hockey!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:31 am

It's always good when our team wins but is it really good when they play to the level of their opponents? The Canadians seem to be stronger than I thought coming out on fire and blasting away at our guys. Exciting game to say the least.. 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1.. I was in a panic, my poor puppy had to witness me using words she never heard before. *swear, swear, swear* 4-2, I said "YES".. 4-3, "OH YEA LETS GO".. 4-4, I jumped so high I thought I was Jordan. Then the unthinkable happened, they scored (5-4). I sank back in my chair and didn't say a word, I started feeling the depression setting in but I didn't turn the channel, though I was very tempted to watch giraffes fight on Animal Planet... we scored and tied it up, I started yelling and was like *swear YEA!* Let's go fellaz and I stood up like I was at the phone booth. OT came and I thought, we lost.. dag gone it... but nope, we had that 2 man fast break and BOOM, we scored!!!

I can't take these close games, I'm still a young dude so I can't see me having a heart attack but good grief already, we can't keep letting this happen throughout the playoffs IF WE MAKE IT OUT OF ROUND 1.

Ok, LET'S GO CAPS!!!

By the way, what the heck is "HABS"? Was that their name before or something?

Hog

Postby broomboy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:It's always good when our team wins but is it really good when they play to the level of their opponents? The Canadians seem to be stronger than I thought coming out on fire and blasting away at our guys. Exciting game to say the least.. 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1.. I was in a panic, my poor puppy had to witness me using words she never heard before. *swear, swear, swear* 4-2, I said "YES".. 4-3, "OH YEA LETS GO".. 4-4, I jumped so high I thought I was Jordan. Then the unthinkable happened, they scored (5-4). I sank back in my chair and didn't say a word, I started feeling the depression setting in but I didn't turn the channel, though I was very tempted to watch giraffes fight on Animal Planet... we scored and tied it up, I started yelling and was like *swear YEA!* Let's go fellaz and I stood up like I was at the phone booth. OT came and I thought, we lost.. dag gone it... but nope, we had that 2 man fast break and BOOM, we scored!!!

I can't take these close games, I'm still a young dude so I can't see me having a heart attack but good grief already, we can't keep letting this happen throughout the playoffs IF WE MAKE IT OUT OF ROUND 1.

Ok, LET'S GO CAPS!!!

I'll give you a Canadian history lesson. Les habitants (which roughly translates to people or inhabitants) , was the name given to the french settlers who came to Canada in the 17th century. The team being from montreal markets itself to the frenchies primarily. It naturally gets shortened to "habs" and there you go!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 am

broomboy wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:It's always good when our team wins but is it really good when they play to the level of their opponents? The Canadians seem to be stronger than I thought coming out on fire and blasting away at our guys. Exciting game to say the least.. 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1.. I was in a panic, my poor puppy had to witness me using words she never heard before. *swear, swear, swear* 4-2, I said "YES".. 4-3, "OH YEA LETS GO".. 4-4, I jumped so high I thought I was Jordan. Then the unthinkable happened, they scored (5-4). I sank back in my chair and didn't say a word, I started feeling the depression setting in but I didn't turn the channel, though I was very tempted to watch giraffes fight on Animal Planet... we scored and tied it up, I started yelling and was like *swear YEA!* Let's go fellaz and I stood up like I was at the phone booth. OT came and I thought, we lost.. dag gone it... but nope, we had that 2 man fast break and BOOM, we scored!!!

Ok, LET'S GO CAPS!!!

I'll give you a Canadian history lesson. Les habitants (which roughly translates to people or inhabitants) , was the name given to the french settlers who came to Canada in the 17th century. The team being from montreal markets itself to the frenchies primarily. It naturally gets shortened to "habs" and there you go!

Thanks man, I really appreciate that... I felt like a complete tool whenever I heard the announcer say the "Habs" over and over. :lol:

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:10 pm

[quote="langleyparkjoe"]

Ok, LET'S GO CAPS!!!

[quote]

dude, my wife said after the Carlson goal she told me she had to stop watching the Caps because she felt like she was going to have a panic attack.

I was full of doom and gloom when we got down 4-1, I kept thinking about how we did not add a physical presence on the dline, we still don't have a Stanley Cup caliber goaltender etc etc. What it really comes down to is the stars on this team need to decide as a group to go all in; every shift, every period and every game. It felt like most of them continue to believe their own hype and figured they could waltz through games and continue to crush opponents like the regular season. In any sport, but especially hockey talent alone will only take you so far.

I hope with the team winning game two and avoiding a potential disaster they have realized this. Though, this is the third year in a row where they have tried to play, "medium" and got burned, I had hoped this was something the team got past.

John Carlson has quickly become my favorite player on the backlines. He has been solid and played a good physical game on d, and has made some smart and calculated risks to jump into the play to help the o. On the other hand, Mike Green is the most gutless and worthless playoff competitor this team has seen since the days of Larry "whoop whoop" Murphy. The entire game, Green would listlessly skate up the ice, and try to force another pass up the middle. How about the goal the Habs scored to make it 5-4? dude made a bad pass, gave up the ice in his defensive zone and then left the goalscoer alone in front of the Caps net. Every time he got the puck on the PP, he would try and force slapshots, that far to often were blocked. I know they never will, but I would love to see them deal Green in the offseason.

The first ten minutes should be interesting in Montreal, the playoff atmosphere up there is crazy. If we can continue to go hard, as we did in the third period and OT, we should win this game, and the series.

GO CAPS!!!!
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 am

The Caps finally came out and played their game last night.

This is the Caps team we'vee all been watching this season. The best defense is a punishing offense.

How about Boyd Gordon getting a shorty to get things ignited for Washington?!

Bell Centre was loud for the first period but by the end of the second, fans were looking for the exits!

Coach took a little bit of heat from the media before the game for giving Varly the start, but who's complaining now? Varly is 3-0-0 with a 1.68GAA and a .940 save % versus Montreal in Montreal. It wasn't a slight towards Theo, it was Coach playing the guy with the hot hand. Varly was Gnarly!

I predicted 5-3 before the game (it's on my FB) and I'd say I was pretty close on the score. I expected the game would be a little closer and that the final Caps goal would be an empty-netter. Guess I wasn't counting on Varly having such a great game!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 am

Bob 0119 wrote:The Caps finally came out and played their game last night.

This is the Caps team we'vee all been watching this season. The best defense is a punishing offense.

How about Boyd Gordon getting a shorty to get things ignited for Washington?!

Bell Centre was loud for the first period but by the end of the second, fans were looking for the exits!

Coach took a little bit of heat from the media before the game for giving Varly the start, but who's complaining now? Varly is 3-0-0 with a 1.68GAA and a .940 save % versus Montreal in Montreal. It wasn't a slight towards Theo, it was Coach playing the guy with the hot hand. Varly was Gnarly!

I predicted 5-3 before the game (it's on my FB) and I'd say I was pretty close on the score. I expected the game would be a little closer and that the final Caps goal would be an empty-netter. Guess I wasn't counting on Varly having such a great game!

I have always been skeptical of BB's ability to adjust to playoff opponents. Last night he definitely proved me wrong. The Caps passing was crisper with much smarter outlet passes. We also did a lot better job forechecking as well as standing their offensive players up at the blue line. After the first period, I can't think of many decent scoring chances the Habs had. In all, we played much different and patient game then the previous two, maybe BB is getting it!

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 am

the game the other night was sweet...we need this win 2nite

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 am

We'll see how Montreal responds tonight now that the pressure is clearly on them.

Mike Green called out Montreal saying they "[had] nothing."

I expect Montreal will start Price in net tonight now that Washington has shown they know how to beat Halak. A 5-1 thrashing in front of your home fans, the other team saying you're "nothing" is ample motivation for Montreal to play like they've got nothing to lose tonight.

Hopefully the Caps don't come out over-confident...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:35 am

Bob 0119 wrote:We'll see how Montreal responds tonight now that the pressure is clearly on them.

Mike Green called out Montreal saying they "[had] nothing."

I expect Montreal will start Price in net tonight now that Washington has shown they know how to beat Halak. A 5-1 thrashing in front of your home fans, the other team saying you're "nothing" is ample motivation for Montreal to play like they've got nothing to lose tonight.

Hopefully the Caps don't come out over-confident...

Green and Semin need to step up too, I haven't been that impressed with their play as of yet.. getting better it looks like but we've seen them play great. When you see your guys play great and then they take it down a notch, really leaves me wondering wussup wit dat ya know?? #-o

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am

It's been a while since I've had time to get a blog out, but you can check it out here

Return to Washington Sports Teams