Jimmy Claussen

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
+++++++++

Jimmy Claussen

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Jimmy Claussen is falling like a stone. The Vikings are coming up here in a couple picks, and you gotta believe they'll take a long look at him, then the Browns, Raiders and Bills will have a pass early 2nd round.

1.) You have to imagine if the Redskins knew Claussen might be available at their second round pick, they may have held off on McNabb.

2.) It looks more and more like a QB needy team will be left out in the cold and a market may emerge for JC.

What do you guys think?
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Claussen's a bum!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:36 pm

The Redskins are not interested in Claussen - we need a really good QB - but right now we just need to help this franchise
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 am

as to #1... you hit the nail on the head brotha. I think someone is about to get a major bargain. hopefully it's us. doesn't sound like Shanny is interested though now that we've made our bed with McNabb.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Jimmy Claussen

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:59 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:
1.) You have to imagine if the Redskins knew Claussen might be available at their second round pick, they may have held off on McNabb.

What do you guys think?

They could have imagine Claussen, Tebow, and McCoy would be around for day two and decided McNabb for a 2nd rounder would be better.

It appears QBs projected to be selected in the 2nd and 3rd rounds will now fall to the 3rd and 4th rounds :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 am

This second round is DEEP.

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
A Load of Safeties (K. Chancellor, Major Wright)
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:46 am

The Hogster wrote:This second round is DEEP.

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.

Yeah, too bad we have McNabb instead.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.

Remember how "lucky" we were to "steal" Taylor Jacobs at the start of the second round? Or how we picked up steals of quality quarterbacks twice at the end of the first? Ramsey and JC, those were the days...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:

Clausen
Taylor Mays
Bruce Campbell
McCoy
Joe McNight
Gerhart
McCluster
Terrence Cody
Sergio Kindle
Everson Griffin

Very Deep draft.

Remember how "lucky" we were to "steal" Taylor Jacobs at the start of the second round? Or how we picked up steals of quality quarterbacks twice at the end of the first? Ramsey and JC, those were the days...

What about Danny Worsefield?.."he's a winner" :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 am

I don't think we'll do anything to move up to get Claussen, but it is one of those things that might come back to haunt us. i.e. If Claussen ends up becoming a complete stud somewhere, we'll have to face up that we probably could have gotten our LT AND Claussen if we'd held on to the McNabb pick.

swine

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:23 am

I can't see Claussen leading any team to the promise land, but I can see him being a decent QB at some point in time. After he kicks hit a few times by the big boys he will realize that is not in Kansas anymore.
Keeping the Faith in Indy!!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:30 am

riggofan wrote:I don't think we'll do anything to move up to get Claussen, but it is one of those things that might come back to haunt us. i.e. If Claussen ends up becoming a complete stud somewhere, we'll have to face up that we probably could have gotten our LT AND Claussen if we'd held on to the McNabb pick.

Don't worry about it Riggo.. just remember that we have a QB who has been playing in the NFC Beast his whole career.. put it like this my friend, you'd rather have a guy who needs to learn how to play in the NFC Beast or a guy who's mastered the NFC Beast? :lol:

I say mastered because McNabb has killed the NFC Beast all those times he went to the NFC Champ. games.

I like Claussen but I'd take Dono anyday

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Don't worry about it Riggo.. just remember that we have a QB who has been playing in the NFC Beast his whole career..

Man, I'm a big McNabb fan. Even as much as I hate the Eagles, I've always respected McNabb, and I'm glad to have him. I get your point too, that McNabb is probably a safer bet than Claussen. At least we're not betting that Tim Tebow is going to be a better QB! That pick took some cojones!

And even if Claussen turns out to be the second coming of Joe Montana, there will be at least 28 other teams that passed on him in the first round too, right?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:50 am

riggofan wrote:I don't think we'll do anything to move up to get Claussen, but it is one of those things that might come back to haunt us. i.e. If Claussen ends up becoming a complete stud somewhere, we'll have to face up that we probably could have gotten our LT AND Claussen if we'd held on to the McNabb pick.

You can play that game with every decision you do and don't make across time. It gets you nowhere. You can only make decisions ex-ante, not ex-post.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:31 am

riggofan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Don't worry about it Riggo.. just remember that we have a QB who has been playing in the NFC Beast his whole career..

Man, I'm a big McNabb fan. Even as much as I hate the Eagles, I've always respected McNabb, and I'm glad to have him. I get your point too, that McNabb is probably a safer bet than Claussen. At least we're not betting that Tim Tebow is going to be a better QB! That pick took some cojones!

And even if Claussen turns out to be the second coming of Joe Montana, there will be at least 28 other teams that passed on him in the first round too, right?

Right bro.. I'm not gonna lie though man, I reaaaaally want Tebow to do well.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010