Selvish Capers (OT)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Selvish Capers (OT)

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:20 pm

STRENGTHS
Good height and bulk. Flashes above-average speed and athletic ability. Quick first step allows him to get to defenders in the open field. Uses long arms in pass protection to move rushers past the pocket. Maintains body control and balance with a wide base.

WEAKNESSES
Does not have the strength to consistently drive defenders off the ball. Fails to attack with a punch and lets defenders engage him. Plays high and struggles to finish blocks. Needs to improve his awareness for blocking angles and assignments.
Last edited by 1niksder on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:33 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Gil Brandt was on Sirius talking about him in the 5th round as being a good pickup. TWO rounds later, we snag him. This guy has a shot
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Yeah, people were talking about him as a 4th rounder. I glad to see us take a flier on him.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm

he started out being mentioned as a second rounder a month or two ago. I mean he definitely could challenge Heyer. Who couldn't?
No Pressure, No Diamonds

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Heyer was undrafted. And, even if he were in college now, he would have gone undrafted.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog
Location: Redding, Ca: Repping Santa Cruz, the real Surf City in Cali!

Postby Californiaskin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:46 pm

why did this guy fall so far?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Californiaskin wrote:why did this guy fall so far?

He was originally a tight end in college and he's still learning to play OL. He's got a lot of upside, but he's still a project and considered a gamble. He seems to be a great seventh round pickup, I'm not knocking him. I'm just answering your question.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:49 pm

I went into day 3 wanting one guy... Selvish Capers and we got him in the 7th round!!! you've got to be kidding. I like his chances to make this team
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:I went into day 3 wanting one guy... Selvish Capers and we got him in the 7th round!!! you've got to be kidding. I like his chances to make this team
He'll make the team - no question. With the lack of depth and the huge need at the position, he'll make it. Not to mention, he's cheap, young and has a pretty good upside. Being a converted TD, you know his footwork is going to be good but he just needs some time and experience learning under NFL coaches and defensive players. I doubt he's a starter this year but if he is, then he's a hell of a lot better than the scouts gave him credit for.

Hog

Selvish Capers, sports science clip from espn

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 am

SELVISH CAPERS; sports science clip from espn, check it out.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5129286

########

Postby Scottskins » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

this guy looks like he has a lot of potential. how he slipped to round 7 is beyond me...lack of time at the position i guess...

It will be interesting to see if he can play RT, but he looks like he can play Guard for us for sure given some more time to learn the position...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:52 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

He was originally a tight end in college and he's still learning to play OL. He's got a lot of upside, but he's still a project and considered a gamble. He seems to be a great seventh round pickup, I'm not knocking him. I'm just answering your question.

So was Jon Jansen. Here's hoping he's the next Rock. -drinking
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:26 am

JansenFan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

So was Jon Jansen. Here's hoping he's the next Rock. -drinking

Should we start calling you CapersFan?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 am

frankcal20 wrote:Being a converted TD, you know his footwork is going to be good but he just needs some time and experience learning under NFL coaches and defensive players.

A converted TD? You mean he's worth seven points instead of six? :P

And I hope he doesn't spend too much time learning under defensive players. :shock:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football