Good game from a Packer fan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby GBpack10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 pm

We'll beat the 49ers maybe looking at the rest of the schedule.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

grampi wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SAP_Pete wrote:Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the season. We were lucky Clay had to sit out most of the game, he was giving us real trouble. Hope you'll get him back soon.

We need a Clay Matthews... What a monster.

We've got one. It's called Orakpo....though having another would be even better....

I love Orakpo and u ntil yesterday I would have said he is on the elite pass rusher level, but truth be told he is just below it. Or he isn't on the same level as Clay Mathews, but right now I don't know who is.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:33 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
grampi wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
SAP_Pete wrote:Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the season. We were lucky Clay had to sit out most of the game, he was giving us real trouble. Hope you'll get him back soon.

We've got one. It's called Orakpo....though having another would be even better....

I love Orakpo and u ntil yesterday I would have said he is on the elite pass rusher level, but truth be told he is just below it. Or he isn't on the same level as Clay Mathews, but right now I don't know who is.

Clay Matthews has help in BJ Raji and others. Orakpo doesn't really have much help currently.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Postby GBpack10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:41 pm

I think the NFC North should be up for grabs between Minnesota and Chicago.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
grampi wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Clay Matthews has help in BJ Raji and others. Orakpo doesn't really have much help currently.

And he's being held on a consistent basis. When he isn't held he usually makes a great play. I'd say he's elite already.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Deadskins wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
grampi wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

And he's being held on a consistent basis. When he isn't held he usually makes a great play. I'd say he's elite already.

And you dn't think they are trying to hold Clay Mathews?

Don't get me wrong. I know Mathews has help that Orakpo doesn't and Orakpo will be better with a motivated Big Al. However, I don't see Orakpo getting doubled very often and think he is one of the top pass rusher in the league, but he isn't yet an elite pass rusher.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:13 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:And you dn't think they are trying to hold Clay Mathews?

Where did I say that? But if they do hold Mathews it get's called every time, so they're less likely to do it every play. Hence he gets to the QB more often. When you can hold Orakpo with impunity, what's to stop you from doing it? The calls will come as he gains notoriety as an elite pass rusher. And when the calls come, so will the sacks.

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Deadskins wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
grampi wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

They'd hold Matthews too, if they could... he gets so low to the ground going around the edge, that the only way to hold him would be to sit on him...

Look, this isn't a knock on Orakpo (who IS on the same level, btw... 10 yards for holding is as good as a sack... except for no loss of down, so I'm pretty sure he's responsible for about as much negative offensive yardage as Matthews)... but Matthews is more stout, compact, and is extremely intense... and it makes him perfect to go against the RT in pass rushing situations, because it is, literally to hard to hold him.

Both got sacks yesterday... but keep in mind... it was Orakpo who got the clutch big play... not Matthews, who was on the sidelines, unable to help, in the second half.

They are different... One is mayhem (Matthews)... the other, deliberate, targeted distruction. Yet, they achieve similar results. I would have to say, however, that I think, along with the mayhem that he brings, the Packers defense also missed the contagious intensity that he brings to the huddle (not that it would have changed the outcome... heh, heh, heh...)
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:25 pm

A coworker and I were talking about this and specifically all of the holds on Orakpo. Orakpo has more bullrush than than guys like Matthews. As CT elaborately and accurately described, they are very different passrushers. They are both elite IMO. And as I said before, I think Matthews has a little more help from his Dline.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:And you dn't think they are trying to hold Clay Mathews?

Where did I say that? But if they do hold Mathews it get's called every time, so they're less likely to do it every play. Hence he gets to the QB more often. When you can hold Orakpo with impunity, what's to stop you from doing it? The calls will come as he gains notoriety as an elite pass rusher. And when the calls come, so will the sacks.
I think Orakpo has been responsible for 7 or 8 holding calls already... that's a lot.

If there is a difference in the frequency that holds are called, it's likely because Matthews technique, in which he tends to get very low, will likely cause him to go to the ground if he's held. Orakpo is more erect, meaning that there is much more opportunity to hold in a less than obvious way... except for those head locks... that kind of sticks out there...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:53 pm

I know I saw way too many of those headlocks go uncalled yesterday.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 pm

GBpack10 wrote:Nope we always lose in close games. Too many injuries. Season is over.

I predict that if your QB is out next game you will beat Miami.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~

Re: Good game from a Packer fan

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:42 pm

GBpack10 wrote:I dont know what to do with myself right now.

Eat cheese...lots of it.

Wash it down with beer...lots of it.

Keep backing your team, they may have just been beaten by the eventual Super Bowl Champions!!!!

:rock:
Back and better than ever!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football