What Concerns do you have going into the season?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:31 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:
With your lackluster defensive line rotation, 1.8 yds magically becomes 4 yds. :lol:

Um - part of that rotation involved starters sitting out so they would be fresh and uninjured (betcha wish Herm had thought of that) for the real games.

Part of that rotation was testing backups against frontliners to see how they would do, as you well know. :)

Part of that rotation just got here and did very well against the Jags without knowing the scheme at all... so I look forward to them participating more against your team. (Chase and Dalton) These guys are huge and against your new guards, I expect we might be seeing Husak before the end of the game, and I shudder for you at that thought ::shudder::

:twisted:

You mean the rotation that, and I quote one of your fellow Deadskins fans from another thread"...looks like we are going to go with the old Chicago Bulls Center approach at DT - throw lots of stiffs at the opponent and hope the rest of the team can pick up the slack."

I bet Martin and Jordan are quivering in their cleats thinking about those stiffs :roll:
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:41 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:
Hrm... I don't think so - he did fairly well in relieving Faulk. He hasn't had hardly any carries, and if he is a bust we can always call on Chad on third down to catch the ball out of the backfield to get the first.

As jet fans take it from us .....you DONT want chad IN the backfield.

Hey snyder i think a couple more DT were just released.How many do you need today? :lol:
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:49 pm

The Jets didn't try him in the backfield.

Also, that post about the DTs, if you look at the date, was before we picked up two DTs that we are happy with and right after we lost Brandon Noble, a starter.

That would be Martin and Dalton.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby Sir Piper » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:57 pm

BossHog wrote:I've always wondered what SOUR GRAPES sounded like... guess now I know.

Tell me... if I go through the archives of your message board and look for your previous posts when Coles was still a Jet... is that what I will find? 'Geeze this guy's really aveI doubt it. we all know that he's a good receiver, and while the signing bonus was too high... the overall contract value was not. We only set such a high signing bonus because we knew the Jets were such peasants that they wouldn't ante up... just like with Morton.

You know... I listen to people make fun of Danny boy all day long... and I understand... really I do. Not all Redskin fans think the sun shines out of Snyder's glory hole... but man... it's a helluva lot better than having a couple of cheap bastages running the team ain't it?

I expect we'll see a really, really heavy dose of Curtis Martin for two reasons... 1) our run D is probably our biggest weak point and 2) who the heck are the Jets gonna throw to? Santana Moss.... puh-lease.

Of course your team all headed to the SpendSkins... they were too ashamed to keep playing for the New York Peasants.

New Visitor from Jetinsider here, just jumping in.

My only comment on this is that lumping Morton in with Coles is a little goofy IMO. Coles is a good receiver as you said, Morton a good KR who benefitted from playing for a great ST coach. While both are overpaid, Coles aguably at least gives you a chance to get that value, if your QB rounds into shape. Morton will not turn your kick returning around and I wouldn't expect much out of him during the game.

That stuff about being ashamed is just silly. Money talks, period.
Whatever you do...
Don't invite the Pipe Band!

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:07 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:The Jets didn't try him in the backfield.

You will soon see why....By mid-season all this "chad out of the backfield"talk will be dead and the skins will be 2-6.

I cant wait to see SNOT BUBBLES from chad morton's nose on the
opening kick.

Seriously....ill keep looking for your running game and if i see it ill give you a call. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:46 pm

Don't worry, the running game will be readily apparent when Trung comes a knocking :)

The part Sir Piper puts in about ashamed is, of course correct, although it was a good comeback to some of the more plebian attacks based on poor information and juvenile revenge mentalities that a little good natured joshing brought out of a couple of the Jets fans. I think the worst thing I said originally was say hi to Vinny for me, and now of course we got flak which was not flinched from, but responded to by fans as diehard as yourselves.

Ah well, another NFL season well underway :)

Welcome to the 2003 season ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:10 pm

Guys....this is all in good fun.I don't get into personal attack's and for those that did, i apologize.

The jet fans have a problem with your FO not the fans...you just happen to be our 1st Opponent.

From one die hard to another.....good luck.

Its only natural to trash each other's team before we play.
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:11 pm

But of course :) Lead on MacDuff and let the wussiest dare to say enuff .... or something like that :)
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football